Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
duder1982, on 18 Dec 2014 - 12:13 PM, said:

JL Sargent, on 18 Dec 2014 - 11:51 AM, said:

Yes, you guys have really cleared my thinking on this one. I knew I could count on your opinions being in line with purchasing. Doesn't even have to be Klipsch, does it? :P

Suze Orman says no way.

Unless your waking up next to her there is no reason to listen.

• Like 2

• Moderators
JL Sargent, on 18 Dec 2014 - 12:28 PM, said:

CECAA850, on 18 Dec 2014 - 12:23 PM, said:

If you buy that watch, good things will happen to you in 2015.

Are you reading olives now?

Nope he just figures your going to be everywhere on time. :lol:

• Like 2

Suzie wants a financial disclosure before she will give her OK though.

Funny thing: Last night my dad's girlfriend asked to buy the watch I was wearing to give my father for Christmas. I eventually agreed to do it and now I'm shopping for a new one LOL.

That's a good reason to buy a new watch.

• Like 3

I have never tried the first two you talk about, the last one is everyday x 6-10.

I keep a case of each in the car.  Have clipped the guard rail 3 times while sleeping and woke up doing 100mph on the freeway.

I told the Dr I was going to have to do something or give up my license.  Now I have backup meds also,  Only suppose to use them for driving.  At around $700 for a bottle of 30 I try not to use many of them.

• Like 3

If you buy that watch, good things will happen to you in 2015.

Are you reading olives now?

No, but I AM home, and that's not a bad idea.  mxr dad just stopped by and dropped off 4 sheets of plywood for my next "project".  He got to audition the IB while he was here.  Next time I think he'll budget a little more time and we'll bust out the shaker. 

• Like 3

Back from the Pub, Costco, 2ed Pub :emotion-21::emotion-22:

Major Dickinsons Blend $9 bucks two pounds :emotion-21::smile:

So im back in the cave doing bodywork on the door to the Gun Safe, Front door bell sensor goes off, i look at my monitor and oh boy here we go again.....The Wacked Out Nam Vet from the next street over, (My ONLY complaint to date) is at my door :o

My tunes are not on right now, and have not been on this week.

I anser the door, turns out he is going through a Divorce and wants to know if he can hide his car in my garage, does not trust the wife i guess :huh:

What the hell, why not, if he gets the house, maybe he will not complain next time im crankin tunes.

If the wife gets the house, she is not a complainer.

So iv got a win/win here.

• Like 3

Let's try this again.  Wrote a note and then the cord came out of the lap top and I lost it.

Thanks guys for the guitar encouragement.  Discussed switching to an electric one with a smaller neck since LF has both. 

Billy, dig your guitar out and get those callouses built back up.  You, me. and Steve can do a conference call jam at some point.

Earl, my guess is the Cary will be the keeper....but that's just a guess.

Jake is a clean dog.  I gave him a bath at a dog supply shop.  An older lady saw him and smiled and said "what is he besides over weight?"  Think Jake's feelings were hurt.  But he does smell much better.

LF will be back at 9:00 am Saturday.  If you call me the phone will be off the hook till 12:00 :o

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

Tarheel, you are motivating me to get back at practicing that difficult instrument they call a guitar.  I definitely prefer the electric when finger tips are not calloused.  The electric strings are not as brutal on them.  This is going to be one of many New Year's resolutions.  To pick it up and practice at least one 20 minute session EVERY DAY.  Better yet, three separate 20 minute sessions.  You are very wise to take face-to-face lessons, especially if you have a good teacher.  There is a ton of stuff on the web, but none of it will observe what you may be doing wrong, such as posture, etc...  One tip that really helped me with chord changes is to form the chord with your first finger first, etc...  Not sure why, but a lot of folks the tendency is to start forming the new chord with the pinky and then working to the index finger.  This is not as effective because most strumming is down with the first chord strum and it gives you a few nano seconds to finish forming the chord while beginning the strum.

The more pressing question is"  Who has a land line any more????

Unfortunately I do because no cell phone service is reliable in my rural area.  I typically have to go outside and climb a tree..kind of like Green Acres dude climbing the telephone pole.

Tarheel

You are right. It is bizarre to see people ignoring one another, just to stare at their phones.

Not using a phone myself I find that really crazy, it's like that everywhere. I told my wife if a meteor were to take out satellites and cellphone towers a big part of the population would have a nervous breakdown and just stand dumbfounded as to how to get things done. 

Like driving, is what's going on with your phone worth dieing for ? What are they thinking ?

But the birthrate has probably dropped of because of cellphones, until they come out with an app for that :o .

Saw a rear end collision at lunch.  No brake squeal at all.  Knocked the car ahead into the next car ahead.  Want to bet it was cell phone related?  Saw the same scenario about a block from there a couple of months ago.  It's getting serious folks :huh:

Took my Mom & Dad and my sister to see a house totally decked out with Christmas lights last year.  Kid came from nowhere and plowed into the back of us.  Luckily no one was hurt.  First thing I asked him was, "were you texting"?  His delayed answer was not at all convincing.  He didn't admit it, but he didn't say no.  Be safe and cognizant of upcoming cars when admiring Christmas lights!

Edited by tnr
  • Like 3

• Moderators
JL Sargent, on 18 Dec 2014 - 4:18 PM, said:

CECAA850, on 18 Dec 2014 - 4:08 PM, said: he'll budget a little more time and we'll bust out the shaker.

He'll be missing out if he doesn't!

Sounds like that should but really high on the list of things to do at Carls house, I'm only going by rumors, and a pic of his party's. B)

• Like 1

• Moderators
Tarheel, you are motivating me to get back at practicing that difficult instrument they call a guitar.

I tried once a long time ago, my friend trying to teach me said I had big fingers so it was going to be harder ? What didn't help was we were high as a kite, I never put in enough time to get even a good start.  

Let's try this again.  Wrote a note and then the cord came out of the lap top and I lost it.

Thanks guys for the guitar encouragement.  Discussed switching to an electric one with a smaller neck since LF has both. 

Billy, dig your guitar out and get those callouses built back up.  You, me. and Steve can do a conference call jam at some point.

Earl, my guess is the Cary will be the keeper....but that's just a guess.

Jake is a clean dog.  I gave him a bath at a dog supply shop.  An older lady saw him and smiled and said "what is he besides over weight?"  Think Jake's feelings were hurt.  But he does smell much better.

LF will be back at 9:00 am Saturday.  If you call me the phone will be off the hook till 12:00 :o

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

Tarheel, you are motivating me to get back at practicing that difficult instrument they call a guitar.  I definitely prefer the electric when finger tips are not calloused.  The electric strings are not as brutal on them.  This is going to be one of many New Year's resolutions.  To pick it up and practice at least one 20 minute session EVERY DAY.  Better yet, three separate 20 minute sessions.  You are very wise to take face-to-face lessons, especially if you have a good teacher.  There is a ton of stuff on the web, but none of it will observe what you may be doing wrong, such as posture, etc...  One tip that really helped me with chord changes is to form the chord with your first finger first, etc...  Not sure why, but a lot of folks the tendency is to start forming the new chord with the pinky and then working to the index finger.  This is not as effective because most strumming is down with the first chord strum and it gives you a few nano seconds to finish forming the chord while beginning the strum.

The more pressing question is"  Who has a land line any more????

Unfortunately I do because no cell phone service is reliable in my rural area.  I typically have to go outside and climb a tree..kind of like Green Acres dude climbing the telephone pole.

Tarheel

You are right. It is bizarre to see people ignoring one another, just to stare at their phones.

Not using a phone myself I find that really crazy, it's like that everywhere. I told my wife if a meteor were to take out satellites and cellphone towers a big part of the population would have a nervous breakdown and just stand dumbfounded as to how to get things done. 

Like driving, is what's going on with your phone worth dieing for ? What are they thinking ?

But the birthrate has probably dropped of because of cellphones, until they come out with an app for that :o .

Saw a rear end collision at lunch.  No brake squeal at all.  Knocked the car ahead into the next car ahead.  Want to bet it was cell phone related?  Saw the same scenario about a block from there a couple of months ago.  It's getting serious folks :huh:

Took my Mom & Dad and my sister to see a house totally decked out with Christmas lights last year.  Kid came from nowhere and plowed into the back of us.  Luckily no one was hurt.  First thing I asked him was, "were you texting"?  His delayed answer was not at all convincing.  He didn't admit it, but he didn't say no.  Be safe and cognizant of upcoming cars when admiring Christmas lights!

Alright, alright . . . I will take the guitar out of the case . . . haven't opened in 8 years . . . an acoustic with a pick up. Dog chewed some vinyl cover off the amp but it still works well.

In late 2007, got t-boned on my Harley by a kid in a Nissan Pathfinder. Wound up with 11 surgeries and a 1 1/2 in a wheelchair before I learned to walk again. Got another Harley 2 days out of the wheelchair. I might as well break the guitar out again too.

• Like 2

For all you retirees out there......it's Thursday.....

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

That's cold, Bro. And for the record: some of us are only semi-retired. How else can we buy more electronics and Klipsch speakers!

PS: And thanks for the reminder . . . . I had forgotten what day it was!

:-)

Edited by Rhetor
  • Like 2

• Moderators
In late 2007, got t-boned on my Harley by a kid in a Nissan Pathfinder. Wound up with 11 surgeries and a 1 1/2 in a wheelchair before I learned to walk again. Got another Harley 2 days out of the wheelchair.

Well that just sucks, glad your still here, not the forum just breathing period.

• Like 3

Ok folks we're getting the band back together for one night and one night only.

291d04413829216d0fe2c8c5760bb7c3.jpg

A new toy we received at work, dtel speaking of getting high. How about 180' in a aerial work platform.

5075a09ba92fc2a006845c1067f8fe47.jpg

Ok for some not so cable talk but tube talk. I decided to hook the turntable back up. Found out I had the tubes swapped around. But now back to vinyl playing.

• Like 7