Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Mornin' gang... coffee is down and trying to get a handle on the day. Finish up some client projects and get Baxter's Xmas shopping done. Semi-retirement can be confusing. Should be full retirement soon.

Rhetor .... it's a blessing you are still with us. Life is indeed good ...very good.

Tarheel (Chuck) - Will find a dog park for Baxter as soon as he gets the obedience thing down a little better. He's trying. ;) Sounds like jake does well in the park.

Will try to check back later. Cheers.

• Like 2

Get that shopping done, while drinking... :emotion-44:

Peeked at the merchandise, no tighty whiteys, Yayyyhhhh.

Black and white broad stripes...?

Oh well, no one will see them... :smile:

Except the warden. Going to try some Royal Crown maybe tonight with some nog... :emotion-46:  or other... :emotion-21:

I think Crown Royal would be good too.....but I'm old enough to remember Royal Crown :mellow:

Back from breakfast.....cook knows us well.  If we ask for two eggs he gives us three and doubles up on the hash browns.

Drinking a third cup. 

For sure RoC! 16 oz'ers with a bottle that would go slam through a stop sign...in those days...JD

Come to find out, all cholesterol is a good thing...in other's opinion. No statins here... :)

• Like 2

Drinking some beautiful Honduran coffee this morning, roasted locally.  Fantastic aroma, really great full body.  Love it.

Honduran coffee roasted in Indiana . . . interesting.

It does sound good... :) Folgers is good but...probably not that good,lol

• Like 2

Drinking some beautiful Honduran coffee this morning, roasted locally.  Fantastic aroma, really great full body.  Love it.

I may be stating the obvious (or maybe not)...but coffee is not typically roasted at it's source, as it would have a much, much shorter lifespan if so.  (I know nothing of Folgers and the like...) Whole raw beans are shipped then roasted closer to the point of sale, so yea, my local guy gets stuff from all over the world then roasts it here in Bumscrew Indiana.....

• Like 3

Except the warden. Going to try some Royal Crown maybe tonight with some nog... :emotion-46:  or other... :emotion-21:

I think Crown Royal would be good too.....but I'm old enough to remember Royal Crown :mellow:

Back from breakfast.....cook knows us well.  If we ask for two eggs he gives us three and doubles up on the hash browns.

Drinking a third cup. 

For sure RoC! 16 oz'ers with a bottle that would go slam through a stop sign...in those days...JD

Come to find out, all cholesterol is a good thing...in other's opinion. No statins here... :)

Actually should clarify that I am not a medical doctor but, thinking most here know that.

:emotion-44:

Edited by billybob
  • Like 2

Alright....question for today...

Who "eats" coffee beans?

My 20-something kids do so once in a while. I don't ... My middle-aged teeth wouldn't like it; and I am not going to substitute a teaspoon of Folger's ground coffee to simulate the experience!

• Like 3

Drinking a third cup. 

TGIF!  Been capping the night off with a spiked egg nog quite often this week and likely every night through New Years.  Had CC (Canadian Club whiskey) last week.  Is that the official whiskey of this thread?  Tried Black Velvet...pretty smooth.  Last night finished the bottom of a bottle of Christian Brother's brandy from last year.  Was only using brandy last year, but I think whiskey is even better in them.  Crown Royal in egg nog?  Man, I am going to Tarheel's tonight!  I love Crown Royal. Don't worry, I'll get out before the LF arrives.  If you did indeed mean Royal Crown,  I'll unpack my bags.  I hear rum is pretty common in nog too.  Kind of drifted away from rum, but I bet Captain Morgan's would be pretty tasty in nog.  Always sad in mid January when the egg nog disappears from the stores.  Anyone have a good family recipe? 

• Like 1

• Moderators
I love Crown Royal

Sounds like you clearing out the old leftover stuff ............the fun way. 

If you like Crown Royal you really need to try Lord Calvert. A old friend worked for a liquor dist, he poured two shot glasses one with Crown the other with Calvert, I tried both and could not tell which was Crown, and the other at the time was way less than half the price of Crown.  Don't know price now but still probably a big difference.

• Like 2

If you like Crown Royal you really need to try Lord Calvert. A old friend worked for a liquor dist, he poured two shot glasses one with Crown the other with Calvert, I tried both and could not tell which was Crown, and the other at the time was way less than half the price of Crown.  Don't know price now but still probably a big difference.

Thanks for the tip!  I've seen Lord Calvert, but did not know it was so similar to Crown.  I will definitely try it.  I haven't bought Crown in years because of the price.  

• Like 2

• Moderators
Whole raw beans are shipped then roasted closer to the point of sale, so yea, my local guy gets stuff from all over the world then roasts it here in Bumscrew Indiana.....

A long time ago I worked across the Industrial canal just outside New Orleans from Luzianne coffee, they roasted coffee all day, the smell was unbelievable, and back then I didn't even drink coffee.

• Like 3

I may be stating the obvious (or maybe not)...but coffee is not typically roasted at it's source, as it would have a much, much shorter lifespan if so.  (I know nothing of Folgers and the like...) Whole raw beans are shipped then roasted closer to the point of sale, so yea, my local guy gets stuff from all over the world then roasts it here in Bumscrew Indiana.....

Folgers... It's the richest kind...

mrsolsen.jpg

• Like 3