Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I think the Royal Crown was at billbob's house tnr.......but feel free to stop by here for some small batch Evan Williams and nog. 

A beautiful day here in the Tarheel state (seriously that's what we are referred to).  Sunny and 56 degrees.  Yard guy did a bang up job on the yard and I gave him a nice Christmas tip.

Cleaned the house and bought flowers for the LF.....you know that scores points :P

So tomorrow I'll have coffee with you guys and then head to the airport to meet here flight at 9:00 am. 

Keep those guitars well oiled......duders getting the band back together :rolleyes:

• Like 3

I think the Royal Crown was at billbob's house tnr.......but feel free to stop by here for some small batch Evan Williams and nog. 

Rats!...even further.  Maybe I can get my flight changed.  I bet the Evan Williams nog is good, eh?

• Like 4

Good FRIDAY afternoon Gang

Nonstop Refurb on the gun safe project, and now DONE, (One day soon i hope to be able to put someting in it)

Reffer/Humidor Stocked for the evening.

Really want to crank some tunes, however with the Wacco Nam Vet on edge with impending wife problems, i think it wise NOT to push my luck :ph34r:  

post-57941-0-71240000-1419028501_thumb.j

post-57941-0-51120000-1419028539_thumb.j

post-57941-0-81280000-1419029072_thumb.j

• Like 2

Looking good, like new, you have apparently done a little body work and painting before.

@17 years old dad had a small hobby shop in costamesa / newport area, 1200sq ft.

I had a water bed in the office, was surfing five days a week, but when not at home on Lido Isle, i was cranking Hendrix @400Wpc

in an industrial area, where i Flared Fenders on Corvetts, master Tool and Die, Fiberglass @ age 17. learned the trade by working at boat companys, pretty soon i was the guy they called for mold repair, and named my price.

Acetone is my life blood, there is nothing i cannot do or replicate.

Now, i just play with a little Bondo now and again. 

Some of my mold handy work was everything from Batt charger covers to the mad hatter at Disneyland.

• Like 1

A new toy we received at work, dtel speaking of getting high. How about 180' in a aerial work platform.

I didn't know those things went that high, or anything close to that, you need to take a ride.

I would post a video but I can only make it to about 100-110' then I chicken out.
  • Like 2

• Moderators
minermark, on 19 Dec 2014 - 5:31 PM, said:

dtel, on 19 Dec 2014 - 5:06 PM, said:

Looking good, like new, you have apparently done a little body work and painting before.

@17 years old dad had a small hobby shop in costamesa / newport area, 1200sq ft.

I had a water bed in the office, was surfing five days a week, but when not at home on Lido Isle, i was cranking Hendrix @400Wpc

in an industrial area, where i Flared Fenders on Corvetts, master Tool and Die, Fiberglass @ age 17. learned the trade by working at boat companys, pretty soon i was the guy they called for mold repair, and named my price.

Acetone is my life blood, there is nothing i cannot do or replicate.

Now, i just play with a little Bondo now and again. 

Some of my mold handy work was everything from Batt charger covers to the mad hatter at Disneyland.

Well you are just full of ............hidden talents  !       thought I was going to say something else

• Like 2

You just brought back yet another memory from years past, McGreggor boat company, (First real job@14) $1.65 per hour, and i had money, pocket change, but you could live on it.

Edited by minermark
  • Like 1

• Moderators

A new toy we received at work, dtel speaking of getting high. How about 180' in a aerial work platform.

I didn't know those things went that high, or anything close to that, you need to take a ride.

I would post a video but I can only make it to about 100-110' then I chicken out.

Don't blame you, at one time I climbed towers much higher than any lift can go doing electrical work, now I think my knees would be shaking to much. As I got older I realized how much I don't like pain or dyeing, strange how old age makes you think, I didn't care when I was young.

• Moderators

You just brought back yet another memory from years past, McGreggor boat company, (First real job) $1.65 per hour, and i had money, pocket change, but you could live on it.

Bet that office water bed was handy, young guy, surfing and hanging out on the beach, your dad set you up and may not have even realized. 

• Like 1

Ok folks we're getting the band back together for one night and one night only.

291d04413829216d0fe2c8c5760bb7c3.jpg

5075a09ba92fc2a006845c1067f8fe47.jpg

Ok for some not so cable talk but tube talk. I decided to hook the turntable back up. Found out I had the tubes swapped around. But now back to vinyl playing.

One of my ongoing life hobbys has been CCTV, iv rented some things in the last 30+ years that no one would go up on.

• Like 3

• Moderators

I have about one shot left I guess, the bottle is so dark you can't tell, I see what you run out. I need to check our local rite aid.

With the bottle being so dark I want to etch something on the glass when it's empty, I just need to figure out a design but it should look good on a really dark glass, I guess ?

• Like 1

On the third cup of some generic hazelnut carmel stuff.

Going to make a 120 mile round trip through Atlanta today to my "local" service tech. My beloved dirt cheap CL find from a couple of years ago, a Pioneer SX-9000, dropped the left channel in July and then the right channel in September. It is time to get it serviced (it has never been serviced before) and show it some love.

I hear this will be the biggest shopping day of the year--Super Saturday. Oh boy . . . road rage!

• Like 4

• Moderators
Ok folks we're getting the band back together for one night and one night only.

Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Jake: We're putting the band back together.

Mr. Fabulous: Forget it. No way.

Elwood: We're on a mission from God.

• Like 7

I really missed a lot of good stuff from you guys yesterday afternoon and evening. Please consider all of it as getting a 'like' from me. Got tied up working most of the time. May have to face the madding crowd today and shop some more. If any of you are skiers or wanna be, it's a good time to take it to Colorado. Our central mountains are getting 1 to 2 feet of powder. Pretty incredible stuff. As usual, Denver metro gets off easy.

Tarheel ... did LF make it back yet? Have a great day guys.

• Like 4

Yep Chuck she got up at 2:00 am to drive to the airport, catch her flight at 3:30 and a layover in Charlotte.  Picked her up at 9:00 chatted a bit, walked Jake, and tucked her in for a nap. She was delighted with the flowers and decorations and I am pleased she is here for a few days.  Maybe a late lunch around 2:00 and then see what the afternoon brings :smile:

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 5