Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Yep Chuck she got up at 2:00 am to drive to the airport, catch her flight at 3:30 and a layover in Charlotte.  Picked her up at 9:00 chatted a bit, walked Jake, and tucked her in for a nap. She was delighted with the flowers and decorations and I am pleased she is here for a few days.  Maybe a late lunch around 2:00 and then see what the afternoon brings :smile:

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

:) That's great.

• Like 4

Looking good, like new, you have apparently done a little body work and painting before.

You just brought back yet another memory from years past, McGreggor boat company, (First real job) $1.65 per hour, and i had money, pocket change, but you could live on it.

Bet that office water bed was handy, young guy, surfing and hanging out on the beach, your dad set you up and may not have even realized. 

Dad was keeping me outta his hair @age 13, works for me, building custom surf boards, skim boards, school? well that comes a little later.

• Like 4

Looking good, like new, you have apparently done a little body work and painting before.

You just brought back yet another memory from years past, McGreggor boat company, (First real job) $1.65 per hour, and i had money, pocket change, but you could live on it.

Bet that office water bed was handy, young guy, surfing and hanging out on the beach, your dad set you up and may not have even realized. 

Id stay at the shop a few times a week, tired of sleeping bags, so i got the water bed, set that puppy right on the slab (did not know these beds were to have heaters), still remember the first morning waking up, as well as a couple friends were on the bed, we all had backaches due to the fact the Bed sucked out our body heat throughout the night :o , from that point on, three sleeping bags on top of that puppy!

• Like 3

• Moderators

We had a waterbed for the first 20 year we were married, it was the cheapest bed at the time considering you could build the frame. Always had a heater but kept it a little low, can't stand to be hot trying to sleep. But I know what you are saying, had a heater die once, the bed got colder until a few days later I figured out what happened. Feels ok when you go to bed but like you said it sucks the heat out of you, I woke up stiff and could hardly move, it took all day to warm up. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
duder1982, on 20 Dec 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

My uncle was over last night for a couple of beers. I had some vinyl spinning on the player. When it ended he say he didn't even realize it was a record. That's when you know things sound pretty good. Well besides your own hearing and enjoyment

That's always good, but really, looking at your 2 Ch list of equipment it shouldn't be a suprise, really nice equipment you have put together. 

One question, just for fun have you ever tried the Cornwalls with the Scott and Thorens TT ? Just wondering, it's a cool combination.

• Like 1

We had a waterbed for the first 20 year we were married, it was the cheapest bed at the time considering you could build the frame. Always had a heater but kept it a little low, can't stand to be hot trying to sleep. But I know what you are saying, had a heater die once, the bed got colder until a few days later I figured out what happened. Feels ok when you go to bed but like you said it sucks the heat out of you, I woke up stiff and could hardly move, it took all day to warm up. 

Still sleeping on a waterbed...35+ years and counting.  Tried a regular bed about 20 years ago and it was like sleeping on a concrete driveway.  The type we have had since is the near motionless one.  Two black labs are up on it every night.  They are really digging the warmth seeing as we keep the T-stat at 59 degrees on the furnace.  Rarely goes on with the wood stoves going.  Haven't had propane delivered in years.  Been putting slippers on the foot corners of the waterbed to keep the hounds off during the day.  Didn't stop Blaze the other day so I had to add a couple magazines.  They are on it as i type this because they know if they get down I will put stuff on it to keep them off.  Blockheads!

• Like 5

GIF! Been capping the night off with a spiked egg nog quite often this week and likely every night through New Years. Had CC (Canadian Club whiskey) last week. Is that the official whiskey of this thread? Tried Black Velvet...pretty smooth. Last night finished the bottom of a bottle of Christian Brother's brandy from last year. Was only using brandy last year, but I think whiskey is even better in them. Crown Royal in egg nog? Man, I am going to Tarheel's tonight! I love Crown Royal. Don't worry, I'll get out before the LF arrives. If you did indeed mean Royal Crown, I'll unpack my bags. I hear rum is pretty common in nog too. Kind of drifted away from rum, but I bet Captain Morgan's would be pretty tasty in nog. Always sad in mid January when the egg nog disappears from the stores. Anyone have a good family recipe?

Like my nog straight too. Some may say that Crown in nog would be a waste of Crown. Had some Crown with ice and then some Ginger Ale.with Crown. May be overated but, pretty decent OTR. Bought a fifth of Myers Dark rum too. Would be good in nog

Cheers and drive carefully if at all. Has to be enough in nog to taste the rum. CLC is certainly alright as is the Black Velvet. This from one who used to drink a little. :) Coffee and then I show them one more time how to get to Tampa via the bottleneck, Wildwood... :emotion-44:

• Like 3

duder1982, on 20 Dec 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

My uncle was over last night for a couple of beers. I had some vinyl spinning on the player. When it ended he say he didn't even realize it was a record. That's when you know things sound pretty good. Well besides your own hearing and enjoyment

That's always good, but really, looking at your 2 Ch list of equipment it shouldn't be a suprise, really nice equipment you have put together.

One question, just for fun have you ever tried the Cornwalls with the Scott and Thorens TT ? Just wondering, it's a cool combination.

Thanks for the compliment on my gear.

As far as your question, no I haven't but is something I have wanted to do. Just never got around to it.

• Like 2

Dang, that sounds good! Never had it before.

There is a bakery in a nearby town that sells this kind of pie for $5.99 a slice. Is is expensive to make if made right. She is using 3 cups of pecan halves, 1/.2 cup of choc chips, sugar cane syrup (use Steens of you have it), light corn syrup, 4 eggs, vanilla extract, you get the idea.

• Like 3

No Steve just the same Wheeling, W. Va. accent as before.  She did bring back some Irish whisky and some French lingerie :)

When she drives back later this month she is bring a amp for the electric guitars.  I may switch over to electric to see if that will be easier.

Hope your weekend is going well.  Wish I was closer and you could tutor me on the guitar!

• Like 6

No Steve just the same Wheeling, W. Va. accent as before.  She did bring back some Irish whisky and some French lingerie :)

When she drives back later this month she is bring a amp for the electric guitars.  I may switch over to electric to see if that will be easier.

Hope your weekend is going well.  Wish I was closer and you could tutor me on the guitar!

just stick to it.  what does she have in the form of electric?  I will warn you … electric is going to be easier with those lighter strings; BUT, like Klipsch speakers, they’re going to highlight mistakes once your “plugged in.”  So don’t get discouraged.  Trust me, it won’t be long till you’re bragging about how much progress you’ve made.

One of my very good friends lives in Charlotte -- he’s always after me to come visit.  How far is that from you?

you noticed the whiskey?

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 3