Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Saw a duetz once on a piece, cannot remember on what now. Heavy duty no doubt.

Breathing the same air and rain Beaumont was getting awhile back now. Flowers are digging it, and the frogs and turtles.

Edited by billybob
  • Like 3

VW's can't come in my shop and to go one step more if it's made in Europe it doesn't come in the shop

That's really not uncommon.  Domestic guys hate imports.  Import guys hate domestics.  Asian techs don't like European, European guys don't like Asian.  Diesel techs hate gas motors just as bad as gas techs hate diesels.  The best Kawasaki motorcycle tech I've ever seen refused to change the oil on his own truck.  He hated cars and trucks.  It's all what you're used to.

There are a couple of Jap cars that I also will not work on 

1st Mitsubishi 3000 GT's

2nd all the Nissan Z cars

But bring me a Acura NSX....I'll be all over it....

MKP :-)

• Like 3

Well we decided. Shop is replacing the blown(?) Volvo 225k engine with a 113k one. I made them aware to check if timing belt has or have been changed during previous ownership of engine. It sure has been fun experience waiting on them to give us a ballpark price on engine replacement,fixing the original ac clutch compressor problem which led us there in the first place, and a price on heater core replacement, instead of bypassing it. Will call them back next Tuesday to find out where we are in the process. Nancy sure likes her Volvo, and it has been a real blast doing what I can to keep it going. Do not go on luck but, sometimes have to cause, no guarantees with older cars like a 99. Decided to drop the issue about the non-interference after they said it would have caused head damage. A pro link I found the 99 did not have interference problems. But for a newer motor then, and not having to continue shopping for another acceptable car for Nancy, we will drive it and then decide about looking at another Honda. At least, we may have a trade in after it is fixed,lol...Thanks again MKP.

Keep looking do you home work..... MKP :-)

Sure my man anytime....

Just a quick note.... when that engine is out of the car alot of work can be done to it before it goes in. When I do a engine replacement and I getting a used engine, I will put on new timing belt water pump. I might do a oil pan gasket, adjust valves all before that used engine goes into that customers car. Cuz again it's much easier to do that work while that engine is on the ground. and if the car is a stick it gets a new clutch.

Again good luck..

MKP :-)

• Like 4

Sure my man anytime.... Just a quick note.... when that engine is out of the car alot of work can be done to it before it goes in. When I do a engine replacement and I getting a used engine, I will put on new timing belt water pump. I might do a oil pan gasket, adjust valves all before that used engine goes into that customers car. Cuz again it's much easier to do that work while that engine is on the ground. and if the car is a stick it gets a new clutch. Again good luck.. MKP :-)

Lol, reminded them I was aware of at least the timing belt situation so, bent their ear enough for now. Came onto them from the original owner of a local ac repair, and related back in 78. Good service, quick, etc. Found his son and his sons still doing the ac and about all other related still in the family business. Can only hope they can get us down the road apiece. Costly yet, price effective by owning a vehicle outright that she likes. Got a gator socket on a 1/2inch universal ratchet so hoping I got all of the tools I need. Probably start looking now for a Honda meanwhile for myself. lol

If they are as halfway diligent as you, we are probably in good shape.

Edited by billybob
  • Like 2

Howdy Gang

In Omaha, at the current hotel and just finished at the Pub, good day overall.

Man, there is NO water shortage in this state!

Wyoming cost me a day, nobody told me REAL FIREWORKS were there :emotion-21:  :emotion-21:  :emotion-21: :emotion-21:  :emotion-21:  

We are Routing for the Cavs now since we are this far east.    

• Like 6

Howdy Gang

Wyoming cost me a day, nobody told me REAL FIREWORKS were there :emotion-21::emotion-21::emotion-21: :emotion-21: :emotion-21:

We are Routing for the Cavs now since we are this far east.

What pub did you end up going to.

They said we actually had the most recorded rain fall in the month of May.

Edited by duder1982
  • Like 4

Howdy Gang

Wyoming cost me a day, nobody told me REAL FIREWORKS were there :emotion-21: :emotion-21: :emotion-21: :emotion-21: :emotion-21:

We are Routing for the Cavs now since we are this far east.

What pub did you end up going to.

Shark Club @ quality inn.

• Like 4

Coffee today was a little different, instead of sharing it via world wide web with the coffee klack. I had the honor of enjoying with one of our own members in person. Mark and his lovely wife had made a little pit stop here in Omaha. We met up at one of my favorite breakfast joints in the downtown district called The Diner. For about an hour and half I enjoyed visiting with Mark and his wife about our audio journeys. I must say, though I don't have many audio buds here locally. I have had the opportunity to meet up with a few here and there. I wish Mark and his wife a safe journey. As it sounds like quite a jog for 2 pair of mcm grands, at around 2k miles one way.

• Like 5

So, so much for car for now.

Back to ac in home recent problem.

First tech said wrong fan motor on outside unit not efficient enough so need OEM fan motor. Need to take out A-coil whch is dirty and do a chemical bath with it. May have leak of refrigerant but...

Second tech(opinion) Replaced capacitor with another cheap made one from ___.  Inside electrical panel started arcing during his troubleshooting resulting in his  pulling the 220 ac breaker from panel bus and leaving inside box. Call to first electrical said could be out next Tuesday. Called another and they were able to come out next day and replaced breaker to unit. Suggested we consider a more decent panel in near future. We will be getting estimate for new panel with the invoice when mailed.

Second ac tech said new capacitor may fix  but if not, having electrical on, we could continue troubleshoot. Inside unit iced up. He came back and said, low on refrigerant and proceeded to put in 2 1/2 lbs. of R-22. Likes the first techs opinion on the fan motor not efficient enough so, for now cooling nicely enough. Second tech sold Nancy a maintenance contract.

So to recap from recent posts, car, ac, electrical. So guessing we have gotten our 3, as the saying goes.

Nancy is on a jury today and using the car rental. Me, I am trying after this to forget cars,etc. Have a nice cold one chilling in the fridge for later... :angry:

• Like 4

Coffee today was a little different, instead of sharing it via world wide web with the coffee klack. I had the honor of enjoying with one of our own members in person. Mark and his lovely wife had made a little pit stop here in Omaha. We met up at one of my favorite breakfast joints in the downtown district called The Diner. For about an hour and half I enjoyed visiting with Mark and his wife about our audio journeys. I must say, though I don't have many audio buds here locally. I have had the opportunity to meet up with a few here and there. I wish Mark and his wife a safe journey. As it sounds like quite a jog for 2 pair of mcm grands, at around 2k miles one way.

That was cool there duder. Always nice to meet forum members. Yes, a safe journey for them.

• Like 3

Father time I'm afraid. Old cars, ac units, glad the second one caught the electrical problem.  All in all not too shabby so far, given the age of stuff...so far :)

VERY cool duder.  I love meeting members.  Sounds like a great visit.

Billy, who did you piss off to have such a run of luck?

• Like 3

New Florence, Mo, and the wife I are camping here tonight, Day's Inn, Pub 125' in same parking lot, Cafe 100' farther.

Do not need to really be in a hurry at this point, I think we can make St Louis by Monday :D it's like 50+ miles.

They have Moonshine at this pub, a shot of every flavor, and ya know, it aint bad.

Will be purchasing a 1/2 gal of the Blackberry.

Dudder is great, could not ask for a better Forum meet-up.

Hey Dudder, Shake up the duggans, it's thick rich cream based heaven.....enjoy. 

• Like 6