Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Good HUMPDAY morning my friends....    :emotion-44:

Just wanted to let you know I have MORE photos from yesterdays visit to Hanover N.H.   I will try to get a couple more out during my lunch today... :smile:

Enjoy your morning / Day  :emotion-21:

...........Gary :emotion-29:

• Like 5

Morning guys.....

2nd cup done .....getting ready to......(you guessed it)..... roll out to the shop.......

Another fun day I'm sure.......well hold up my wife just told me were going to my grandson's school this morning for a little end of school party.....that should be fun....

Yea Gary some more pic's would be great.....thanks...

Check in later....

MKP :-)

• Like 6

Anyone have or know of any good, bad experiences with a VW Passat GLX wagon, or other Passat models. We are looking at a used V6 30 valve wagon atm. Opinions welcome of course... :)

Thanks!

Edited by billybob
  • Like 4

• Moderators

Heading out, be back in a few days, going back to Hope should have some pics next week. With an explanation which I can't say right now, it's a surprise for someone. :)

:emotion-19:  :emotion-29:  :emotion-51:  

• Like 7

........well, lunch time and it's time to post some photos as promised (0;

No Carl, it is not a church but the college performing arts center/concert hall..... Here was my 'office' from yesterday... Each one of these is a self contained 'speaker and amplifier' in one.. This little organ has nearly 3000 of them !!!image.jpg3_28.jpg .....and they are ALL hand made !image.jpg2_60.jpg......Here is the console that controls it all. This one was built in 1962 by Austin Organs of Hartford Ct. Still going strong (0;image.jpg1_273.jpg

• Like 6

Thanks Carl... Here is the photo that was ment for that last post ;0) Which for some reason is not coming up correctly...... 3rd try coming up !

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 4

Anyone have or know of any good, bad experiences with a VW Passat GLX wagon, or other Passat models. We are looking at a used V6 30 valve wagon atm. Opinions welcome of course... :)

Thanks!

Well billybob here is my 2 cents......VW's can't come in my shop and to go one step more if it's made in Europe it doesn't come in the shop... :-( sorry but I do not like the engineering of those vehicles....I have worked on Jap cars so long it's hard to get my brain into such a different design.

Also the electronics are so different to all the Jap and domestic cars...Now I will work on Fords and GM's..

Now should you not buy the car cuz I don't like em?????  ahhhhhh....no......this might be the best car you ever owned, I know you had some good luck with the Volvo (if I had to pick a European car to work on it would be Volvo)

So I will tell you what I tell all my customers when they are looking at a new/used car.....google the year, make, model....if there's big problems with it....it'll be on the net...

For example....google "oil consumption problems in Honda's"   look at all the issue's with those VCM engines.....my god there are countless complaints....even a class action law suit......Dude I own a Honda shop and I wouldn't own one of those turds....There's good and bad in all makes and model's ....

Good luck my man...

• Like 2

Well that is refreshingly honest and I will be thinking a bit longer and do a search, like I should have already about owners experience with the VW wagons am looking at.

On a brighter note then, I was asked to look for a Honda Accord wagon. Think they were only made until 97 or so coming with the 4 cylinder motor. If I find a low mileage newer one, local we may take another shot at it, to replace a 95 wagon we lost in a Hurricane here in 2005. Money is not the main reason for doing this as, the Honda,Volvo, and the VW appear to have enough airbags, have safety in mind in their build design, to my limited knowledge. Thanks for bringing your opinion to me.   :) And I will look at the VCM engine, to make sure to stay clear of.

• Like 1

Well that is refreshingly honest and I will be thinking a bit longer and do a search, like I should have already about owners experience with the VW wagons am looking at.

On a brighter note then, I was asked to look for a Honda Accord wagon. Think they were only made until 97 or so coming with the 4 cylinder motor. If I find a low mileage newer one, local we may take another shot at it, to replace a 95 wagon we lost in a Hurricane here in 2005. Money is not the main reason for doing this as, the Honda,Volvo, and the VW appear to have enough airbags, have safety in mind in their build design, to my limited knowledge. Thanks for bringing your opinion to me.   :) And I will look at the VCM engine, to make sure to stay clear of.

Het billybob.....the VCM engines came out around 2010 or so. They are V-6's used in Honda's suv's and vans. VCM stands for Variable Cylinder Management. The engine goes from a 6 cylinder to a 3 cylinder. Really cool desing cuz driving down the road you can't tell when it drops 3 of the cylinders. Honda says they have a "fix" for it......but it won't work.

The Accord Wagons.......man I love those old cars. I had one for years, drove it to about 300K.....then sold it. I loved my wagon, the only reason I sold it was, I latched on to a little CRV....

Those 4 cylindres 94-97 are great engines. My daughters 94 Accord has over 400k on it.....original engine, but I replaced the tranny a few years back.....

Keep looking do you home work.....

• Like 2

Well we decided. Shop is replacing the blown(?) Volvo 225k engine with a 113k one. I made them aware to check if timing belt has or have been changed during previous ownership of engine. It sure has been fun experience waiting on them to give us a ballpark price on engine replacement,fixing the original ac clutch compressor problem which led us there in the first place, and a price on heater core replacement, instead of bypassing it. Will call them back next Tuesday to find out where we are in the process. Nancy sure likes her Volvo, and it has been a real blast doing what I can to keep it going. Do not go on luck but, sometimes have to cause, no guarantees with older cars like a 99. Decided to drop the issue about the non-interference after they said it would have caused head damage. A pro link I found the 99 did not have interference problems. But for a newer motor then, and not having to continue shopping for another acceptable car for Nancy, we will drive it and then decide about looking at another Honda. At least, we may have a trade in after it is fixed,lol...Thanks again MKP.

Keep looking do you home work..... MKP :-)
Edited by billybob
  • Like 4

VW's can't come in my shop and to go one step more if it's made in Europe it doesn't come in the shop

That's really not uncommon.  Domestic guys hate imports.  Import guys hate domestics.  Asian techs don't like European, European guys don't like Asian.  Diesel techs hate gas motors just as bad as gas techs hate diesels.  The best Kawasaki motorcycle tech I've ever seen refused to change the oil on his own truck.  He hated cars and trucks.  It's all what you're used to.

• Like 4