Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
4 hours ago, richieb said:

Her chest tattoos offered little support

Don't care for those, or leg tattoos on women.

Have to tell what happened about 2 weeks ago while cutting grass. I was cutting on a smooth flat area and I hear a noise from behind me from the finishing mower and I see something on the ground behind me. I stop the tractor and go look and it's one of the blades from the mower. There are three blades on the mower, it's a 6' finishing mower. One blade broke in half and flew out, I pick it up and drive back to the house to check it out. The blade broke and tore off the metal under the mower which directs the air if you're using mulching blades plus bent the deck up where the spindle goes through.

The next day I go to move the tractor to start working on repairing it and one of the back tires are flat, come to find out a piece of metal flew out and went through the tire. So I had to bring the tire to get fixed today to move the 1500 pound mower to weld and repair it. Decided to replace all the bearings in the spindles and get new blades while I had it torn apart so it should be like new, but the grass is now about a foot high and rain for a few days.

But I was lucky that the piece of metal that went into the tire could have went into me, I probably wouldn't be typing now if that would have happened, it's a very thick industrial tire which is tougher than me.  I have never seen a 1/4" thick blade just brake in half before, but it now makes me a little nervous because the tip speed of the blade is over 600 mph.

• Like 4

Concrete Home Accessories: Speakers and Coffee Machine

3360779bcb746b92d436a80a050307ab?s=30&d= By Ada Teicu August 12, 2011 in Decorating Ideas

Concrete-objects-by-Shmuel-Linsk.jpg

Espresso Solo is  the conceptual product made from a concrete case and metal working parts. The interesting concrete espresso machine makes two kinds of espresso: short and long. The other object created by the same Israeli product designer Shmuel Linski  Exposed – is a set of concrete strange-sounding speakers that slightly distort the sound due to the choice of material. But this is solved by the designer’s “Horn speaker technology“. Choosing to expose concrete in an interior world where this material is hidden by other decorative elements was a bold move. “The design process begun in choosing the material: I choose concrete. I had a vision: concrete in the kitchen, not only as a wall or decorative part, I wanted it to be a desirable consumer product. The contrast between the roughness, massiveness and hardness of the concrete and the fine metal parts, which are dealing with the coffee preparation process, was very challenging and interesting for me“, says the designer.

Concrete-objects-by-Shmuel-Linsk-2.jpg

Concrete-objects-by-Shmuel-Linsk-3.jpg

Concrete-objects-by-Shmuel-Linsk-4.jpg

Concrete-objects-by-Shmuel-Linsk-5.jpg

Concrete-objects-by-Shmuel-Linsk-6.jpg

Concrete-objects-by-Shmuel-Linsk-7.jpg

Concrete-objects-by-Shmuel-Linsk-8.jpg

Read more: http://freshome.com/2011/08/12/concrete-home-accessories-speakers-and-coffee-machine/#ixzz4q6ljWiNc 
Follow us: @freshome on Twitter | freshome on Facebook

9 hours ago, dtel said:

Don't care for those, or leg tattoos on women.

Have to tell what happened about 2 weeks ago while cutting grass. I was cutting on a smooth flat area and I hear a noise from behind me from the finishing mower and I see something on the ground behind me. I stop the tractor and go look and it's one of the blades from the mower. There are three blades on the mower, it's a 6' finishing mower. One blade broke in half and flew out, I pick it up and drive back to the house to check it out. The blade broke and tore off the metal under the mower which directs the air if you're using mulching blades plus bent the deck up where the spindle goes through.

The next day I go to move the tractor to start working on repairing it and one of the back tires are flat, come to find out a piece of metal flew out and went through the tire. So I had to bring the tire to get fixed today to move the 1500 pound mower to weld and repair it. Decided to replace all the bearings in the spindles and get new blades while I had it torn apart so it should be like new, but the grass is now about a foot high and rain for a few days.

But I was lucky that the piece of metal that went into the tire could have went into me, I probably wouldn't be typing now if that would have happened, it's a very thick industrial tire which is tougher than me.  I have never seen a 1/4" thick blade just brake in half before, but it now makes me a little nervous because the tip speed of the blade is over 600 mph.

Close one Elden, sure makes one think about how a simple task can turn on a dime. 

With new bearings and blades, you're set on major mower maintenance for a while.

• Like 1