Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

6 hours ago, grasshopper said:

... a loose spade connector to the motor.  Arched badly while it was falling off. Cleaned it up and crimped it on.

now, I have work to do...that will teach me

Now I know how to explain to all those that insisted I use their ^'~ weedeaters😇! A lawnmower is enough if you set-up or make the yard to be that way!!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Islander said:

Is this on your back porch?  And what are those things?  Nuts?  Berries?

Pat San 🍁 ,c'est du cafe  kopi luwak   ,une delicacie des chiottes, ,  coffee beans droppings of the civet cat ,

eh sorry guys   :ph34r:

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, OO1 said:

Pat San 🍁 ,c'est du cafe  kopi luwak   ,une delicacie des chiottes, ,  coffee beans droppings of the civet cat ,

Tu crois que je ne te comprends pas 😂

• Like 2

On 4/9/2023 at 7:44 PM, Marvel said:

Watched a three part Netflix series call 'War Sailors'.

I thought it was superb. It's a Norwegian production and the dubbing in English is pretty good. I read reviews after we watched it and they all pretty much said it was good but don't binge watch it. Oops, too late. Depressing as can be. It's mostly about one family and a friend, who work on commercial ships and what happened during WWII. Over 600 ships were lost and it's just sad, what we've done to each other throughout history. 

Anyway, glad we had Easter for the other side of the coin! A beautiful sunny day, the rain is gone. Just glad I know who cares for me amd my family.

A Blessed Easter Greeting my friends.

I get a second opinion on my prostate cancer treatment tomorrow. We'll see if it's the same...

Thinking of Willy, too!

Yes, war is the worst.  One time on MASH, in the operating area, with lots of wounded, Father Mulcahy commented that war is Hell.  Hawkeye said that No, war is worse.  "Who's in Hell?", he asked.  Father Mulcahy replied that sinners were there, while the good were in Heaven."  Hawkeye replied that "In war, everyone is there.  The evil and the good, the guilty and the innocent, men, women, and children.  That's why war is worse than Hell."

I may have paraphrased a bit, because I heard the story from someone, or saw it online.  I didn't actually see the episode.

As for your medical situation, I hope you got good news.  Age is a factor.  For once, the older you are, the better.  In our seventies, the cancer is relatively slow-growing, while if you're in your fifties, it's a killer.  That's what took Frank Zappa.  If you're in your eighties, they often don't bother to treat you at all.  The docs will say, "You will die with the cancer, but you won't die of the cancer.  They just check you periodically.  My dad died at 87, of a stroke.  The cancer was not a factor, so the docs were right.

Here's something odd that I heard from a local oncologist.  He said that the type of treatment often varies by location.  In Alberta, they tend to rely on surgery to treat prostate cancer, while in BC (British Columbia, where I live) the usual treatment is radiation, sometimes with chemotherapy as well, as it's thought to increase the effect of the radiation.  For breast cancer, twenty treatments are the usual routine, while for prostate cancer the usual is thirty-five treatments.  That's five a week, Monday to Friday, for seven weeks.  In my case, back in 2005, I got two extra blasts for good measure, for a total of thirty-seven doses of radiation.

The tumour was destroyed and hasn't returned.  However, there naturally are lingering effects, like very low testosterone, which saps your motivation to do things, and of course it has to stay low, as testosterone stimulates prostate cancer, so you don't want that to start up again.  There are even reports of men who take lots of testosterone supplements actually getting prostate cancer.

Nowadays, it's possible to survive cancer, but you always have reminders, most of them permanent.  Of course, it's better to be alive and grumbling than not being alive.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, OO1 said:

J'espere que ça n'avais pas une mauvais odeur, hihihi!

Does it actually have a very premium taste?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Islander said:

J'espere que ça n'avais pas une mauvais odeur, hihihi!

Does it actually have a very premium taste?

Don't care,

I'll never know!

I heard about that stuff, even if it's not true I aint touching it!

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Don't care,

I'll never know!

I heard about that stuff, even if it's not true I aint touching it!

It gets worse.  I heard an interview on the radio with a guy who wants to really scale up the production of these "biologically-treated" coffee beans.  He has a herd of elephants, who happily gobble up the beans, only to return them before long, now with that "special flavour".  He hopes to make big bucks, but he won't get any money from me...

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, OO1 said:

tu parle le Francais aussi , c'est bien  

Toi too, comme on dit au Québec.

Pour la miene (?), c'est assez pour les conversation simples, mais pas plus que ça, malgré de m'avais habitait au Québec pour longs temps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1