Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

lazy day here. Mid 80's... light breeze, thin/high clouds.

The weedeater is about burned up....I can relax now...

These new B&D models are one-n-done things. They would work for [strictly] trimming grass. They don't have the guts for more than that.

I'm looking at/for a batt op..... I like Stihl gas... Wonder how the electric stacks up?.... and a chainsaw that uses the same batteries...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

These new B&D models are one-n-done things. They would work for [strictly] trimming grass. They don't have the guts for more than that.

I'm looking at/for a batt op..... I like Stihl gas... Wonder how the electric stacks up?.... and a chainsaw that uses the same batteries...

First two I ever touched... went no further.

Third time someone asked me to use one I told them nicely, but they did not believe me.

Said It will never work again if I touch it, they're supposed to let more string out when you bump them & they never do it right. So I pull some more fishin' line out and they never like that... then they quit. He did get his working again.

No I did not violently ever smash them. It's a simple bump. Don't know why, maybe the bond with my Eager One Magnesium housed Craftsman mower from when they were the best?

Had a manual one with a blade on it. My trash can with the tools duct-taped up in it was empty when I saw it last fall

If I had "powers" they would have been evident elsewhere:wink: besides my dreams!

The man that invented them passed a couple years ago I did happen across that news one day

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

My Stihl gas chainsaw is great, it’s the only brand the guys would run at work.

An acquaintance works for Duke Power and they keep the Stihl battery powered pole saws on their bucket trucks for smaller trimming jobs and he says they work great.

My local Stihl dealer has a bunch of the battery stuff and IIRC they are compatible across the line of tools.

if you have a local dealer you should stop by and check them out.

• Like 3

Just now, JohnJ said:

A pole-saw with a snipper below the blade is a great tool. Powered? Even better!

I’ve got a Fiskars manual polesaw with the built in snipper.

it works well enough but after seeing the battery powered Stihl in action it makes me kinda want one.

but, my main chain saw, currently in the back of the burb, is gas.

I don’t want to be caught in a power outage without enough battery on hand to run it.

Gas I can carry around in a can.

Spare batteries, not so cheap.

• Like 3

True, I've got a two-cycle gas can now and no Husky 350 18" anymore... traded it for the new dual blade Honda mower a few years ago. Sold the boot spikes to a guy with a neighbors yard crew!

Think my pole saw is a fiskars too, orange just like the scissors!

• Like 1

Stihl gas blower, big gas trimmer and a smaller gas chainsaw.  Good stuff.  Want to eliminate the string bump just buy the nylon 3 blade attachment for $20 and go.  Those wear well too.  Word at the hardware store is the battery stuff works great.  Be like flying in stealth mode I think.  :)

God's Peace and blessings to you all this Easter!

• Like 3

It poured rain all day here in the NC mountains until about 8:30pm.

Lots of blossoms up at the Apple orchard today.

3800253E-7B7C-4AF2-89FE-AF687481B90D.thumb.jpeg.5343d07055f65997810f42e099cc35ef.jpeg

437E1969-F8F3-4326-8EED-3840AC84BD06.thumb.jpeg.b9c364cd16fae4da3cd81e072e9c3a86.jpeg

The rain and the low temperature must have scared a bunch of folks off because there was definitely less of a crowd than I expected to see at the Easter vigil mass.

Still, a wonderful time.F0903BDF-D389-4B4A-85D4-1AE13A4DB1F2.thumb.jpeg.cd872af6c80c7e72a3b96a4b3c620f50.jpeg

Afterwards I took the kids up to Boone to grab a late(midnight) dinner at Waffle House.

705DC59A-4382-41E6-A61B-F2FABA0C2ADB.thumb.jpeg.ff23488e7b3a7ddd0d905e28160b1dec.jpeg

Now it’s time to get some sleep.

Happy Easter everyone!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

I know that aroma from the apple blossoms. There was a red apple tree where I grew up. Hugo took it away, but the green ones were good with a little salt on `em early, and they made the best Apple Crisp! Then in late July until Sept they were very sweet reds.

They're gettin' bigger now Red!

• Like 3

Oh the coffee maker got here, now I'm totally mfn confused. That moccamaster had the most brittle plastic on it I've ever run across in my life. For a $$ coffee maker? Nope Not here! I taped that box back up quick. Do not like the new home version Bunns, the commercial ones with a thermal pot are steep.

Got beans, got a pot and a stove with that old immersion maker that does make for a good breakfast...

I'll keep an eye out for the good deals between now and father's day! 

• Like 2

Watched a three part Netflix series call 'War Sailors'.

I thought it was superb. It's a Norwegian production and the dubbing in English is pretty good. I read reviews after we watched it and they all pretty much said it was good but don't binge watch it. Oops, too late. Depressing as can be. It's mostly about one family and a friend, who work on commercial ships and what happened during WWII. Over 600 ships were lost and it's just sad, what we've done to each other throughout history. 

Anyway, glad we had Easter for the other side of the coin! A beautiful sunny day, the rain is gone. Just glad I know who cares for me amd my family.

A Blessed Easter Greeting my friends.

I get a second opinion on my prostate cancer treatment tomorrow. We'll see if it's the same...

Thinking of Willy, too!

• Like 5