Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

got brave [or stupid] yesterday

I set my tomato plants.....dug up a pulley, to go with the [window] sash weights, woodstove parts and other things I can't ID... I keep hoping for a lockbox. The gal that built this place was eccentric.... crazy with money....and related to a governor of AZ...rumored to have stashed things.

The only things "of value", I have found, is some old local newspapers from the 50's [donated to the library] and a pair of wire pliers left in a wall.

...put some rowcover over the tomatoes. It was cool last night. No frost, but, I bet they didn't like it much

Wife has a day off and Monday. Monday, simply because the kids are not back from wherever they celebrate  Easter  So... rather than fight... just give the day off.

• Like 3

don´t believe this weather changes here , two days sun on monday and tuesday since wednesday ..... massive rain , rain, rain ......so I got my surfboard out and my friend his pick up , man what fun we have here 😊

anigifwater.gif.506bb13db20f3931f0905f9083a20806.gif

• Haha 3

I've got faith in ya @grasshopper! 

Supposedly warming up and might hit 70 around here.  Next week "they're" saying maybe high of 80 for a couple  days.  MAYBE it's finally a GO.  Going to take a shot and open up the french doors just to air the place out a bit.  Probably a mistake but time to piss off the neighbors. 

Then it's time to break out the sweeper and hit the kitchen a lick.  Can't call the cleaning lady since she passed away a few months ago.  She told me she'd been sooo tired lately one day when I called.  3 days later just died at home.  Crazy!  I got this.  Kinda, maybe.  :)

No tomato plants here for a while.  

Ketchup @MicroMara?  Seriously?  lol

:)

• Like 3

19 hours ago, grasshopper said:

no it doesn't. I went to Anchorage in the dead of winter....was there from the end of Dec to the end of Feb....

OK grasshopper. Some. 🤣👌  Yes, that place like most cities (to us anyway) is a circus. 🎪 We're just not very peoply, so we belong in the frozen sticks.🙃

• Haha 3

Geeze, that's so cold I can't even imagine it! Great picture of that old home.

OK so this is going to be an RIP post. RIP my trusty BUNN ST for more than ten years you made me piping hot good coffee with the modified spray-head! It hasn't been heating well enough for months and I finally found a good deal on a replacement.

PXL-20230408-152356085.jpg

Going to use the manual immersion maker until the new one gets here. Do not use it all the time because of the extra clean-up. It does make whatever beans I use taste better though!

PXL-20230408-152506049.jpg

Que Sera Sera :smile:

• Like 5

3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Que Sera Sera :smile:

Que Sera Sera (Whatever Will Be, Will Be)

When I was just a little girl
I asked my mother
What will I be?
Will I be pretty?
Will I be rich?
Here′s what she said to me

"Que sera, sera
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours to see
Que sera, sera
What will be, will be"

When I grew up and fell in love