Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

... like me and my weedeater LOL

--------------------

today is an unofficial holiday.... I am still trying to understand the  how/why of....

for us, it was more of a 10,  2 and 4 LOL chuckling to myself when/if it becomes a national holiday

---------------------

a beauty of a day.

high 30's... on its way to mid 80's. The mesquites are leafing out.... no more frosts for a while. My lilac is starting to bloom. Jujube trees have leaves. The spring flowers/weeds are giving it up... drying up. 

Waiting for the AirForce to break the quiet... then, it will be time to crank up the stereo. Had a few very crisp [and loud] sonic booms the other day. Not sure if the AF got some new toys or if atmospheric conditions are at play.... or both.

was digging thru my vinyl... found this

• Like 3

72 here @ 11AM.  Nutso weather.  Down and rain til next week then we'll see.  Cold the past few days so we're still takin that  roller coaster til the heat hits.

Got the lil part for the lawn spreader yesterday so it's a good day to play with that.  I'll see what else I can break putting it on.  Then I think I'll mow.  Gotta jump on @jthose windows of opportunity when ya can w/the weather.

@grasshoppermight just have a couple Hydra lp's here.  I'll have to nose.  Not too shabby.

• Like 2

that's what I call "Spreading the lawn"...

random association

I've been to many garage/yard sales... they really aren't selling the yard or garage...

a little minor surgery today.

I have a thorn in my foot.

I can hear you muttering,"You should be wearing shoes, dimass"

I was. It went through the sole. Got it out of the shoe... Needlenose pliers fix that. It seems to have left the tip in my foot. The hard part is getting my foot around to where I can see the object of my affection... or infection... as the case may be. You would think that someone who puts their foot in their mouth as often as I do, but....

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

23 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

I have a thorn in my foot . I can hear you muttering,"You should be wearing shoes, dimass"

I was. It went through the sole. Got it out of the shoe...

Something simillar happend to me , been a while , with a nail that went through my working shoes ..OUTSCH ,OUTSCH ,OUTSCH 😏

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

Something simillar happend to me , been a while , with a nail that went through my working shoes ..OUTSCH ,OUTSCH ,OUTSCH 😏

I had a thorn, from a thorny Locust do the same to the crappy WalMart work boots I was wearing

You get what you pay for

Except at Wallys.  Its Cheap Chinese  crap

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

I had a thorn, from a thorny Locust do the same to the crappy WalMart work boots I was wearing

You get what you pay for

Except at Wallys.  Its Cheap Chinese  crap

WalMart doesn´t exsist in Germany anymore , went out of business here in 2006 . I always wear high quality german working shoes in the garden or by doing handcraft homeworks with wood or whatever . Sometimes S**T happens even with high quality products 😏

• Like 3

Not talking about feet.  I'll just leave it at that.  lol  :)

81 @ 7PM?  Yea, ok.  50's this wkend for highs.  Gonna slip out and grill a few brats next.  Got the lawn spreader werkin maybe.  We'll have to see if it holds together.  Did get a nap in.  :)  Carrry on.  

• Like 4

Yeah @MicroMara nothing else fits my feet with good arches like my Meindl. But the real ones can't be bought here.

Hope nobody has to get to NYC from Boston or the other way...

duckduck for fuel tanker Connecticut.

bet I-95 will be messed up for a while.

• Like 2

it's just after 10 pm here , he last 4 days I spent with the pressure washer and my weedeater on the property , spring cleaning . The three of us  got along well , so the weedeater , the pressure washer and I . I am now considering whether I should not open a shared apartment with both , we move into the garden house .😂

Guys  I'm done  , have worked approx. 55 hours in 4 days in the garden .

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Guys  I'm done  , have worked approx. 55 hours in 4 days in the garden .

So you're ready for all of us in July?   That's a great idea for the vaca.  I'll bring a Case of Coors, @JohnJwill bring the bourbon, maybe @grasshoppercan bring a couple killer bottles of Mexican tequilla complete w/the worms.  Yea, don't whine Bill you KNOW one bottle of tequilla is NEVER enough!  You guys over there can handle that "real" beer you speak of.  😂

You're family will learn to appreciate us.  :)   

Aside from that it was about 58 and sunny so far today.  Goin right back down there this week though.  That sounds a lil more like spring to me.

How's that thorn in the foot doin Bill? 

55 hours riding a power washer.  Come on George.  5 maybe 10...   😂  😂  Ok, 15.   :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dave1291 said:

So you're ready for all of us in July?   That's a great idea for the vaca.  I'll bring a Case of Coors, @JohnJwill bring the bourbon, maybe @grasshoppercan bring a couple killer bottles of Mexican tequilla complete w/the worms.  Yea, don't whine Bill you KNOW one bottle of tequilla is NEVER enough!  You guys over there can handle that "real" beer you speak of.  😂

😂 too funny Dave , ja that would be nice ..someday , but may 2nd. I´ll start a new job , got the contract since 3 weeks , first days off are planed around christmas , there´re coming a lot of changes in my life now . I am leaving for new shores and will also divorce my wife. I have already planned and prepared everything , there´s now way back , my private decisions are irreversible

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

12 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

😂 too funny Dave , ja that would be nice ..someday , but may 2nd. I´ll start a new job , got the contract since 3 weeks , first days off are planed around christmas , there´re coming a lot of changes in my life now . I am leaving for new shores and will also divorce my wife. 

If things are not going well, pull the plug NOW 

I hesitated, and it cost me everything 

I ended up sleeping in my truck with a 17 year old dog. 🙄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

If things are not going well, pull the plug NOW 

I hesitated, and it cost me everything 

I ended up sleeping in my truck with a 17 year old dog. 🙄

I will be fine, better than in the last years, I have the strength and courage to start again, money is not a problem, I will not have to live in poverty, much more important is my freedom to live as a man. I am now 61 years young, time enough for a new life until day X, thank you for your concern.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

. I am leaving for new shores and will also divorce my wife.  

what kind of crap is this , this aint Family , we're online buddies at most , get your priorities straight ,  you better mend things with the Wife and get your head screwed on tight ,  Family comes 1st , lay of the BS

Dont mind ,Dave  he's still living in Peace and Love Days , heck   those were the days 

5 minutes ago, OO1 said:

what kind of crap is this , this aint Family , we're online buddies at most , get your priorities straight ,  you better mend things with the Wife and get your head screwed on tight ,  Family comes 1st , lay of the BS

Dont mind ,Dave  he's still living in Peace and Love Days , heck   those were the days 

where did you google that 🤣

• Haha 5