Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

7 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

Nice.  What driver are you going to use?

A Dayton RSS-390HF-4 powered by a Crown XLS1002.

it should be way more than enough power, even if I end up building a second sub and just running the amp in stereo instead of bridged mono.

30 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Hiya @wuzzzer he put some big `uns up in the "What I Got Today" thread recently! That would be my guess, those are some specifically odd angles in there. He must have some blueprints to go by.

Yep, it’s a THTLP(Tuba Home Theater Low Profile) by Bill Fitzmaurice.

I was worried I would build something and then wish I’d gone bigger, so I decided to go pretty big from the start.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Invidiosulus said:

it should be way more than enough power, even if I end up building a second sub and just running the amp in stereo instead of bridged mono.

I was worried I would build something and then wish I’d gone bigger, so I decided to go pretty big from the start.

I guess mine are called regular THTs.  The cabinets are 24x36x36.  They weigh about 150 pounds each.

I had the fun privilege of bringing them out of my Jeep, into my house and into the basement all by myself.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Invidiosulus said:

That is going to be Killer!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Should be able to get it ALL workin with that sub.   :)   My coffee's good.  Gonna have to mow today so that works for me.  Bit warmer with sun and rain coming in for the wkend.  

Just like shaving Dave, that grass will just grow back...

Sorry...🤔

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, billybob said:

Just like shaving Dave, that grass will just grow back...

Yea, only do that about once a week anymore.  lol  Showers yes, shave no.  Seen the price of razor blades lately?  I used to just buy a new razor so I'd get a couple blades w/the extra one or two they had in the pkg.  Today?  Nope, one razor and one blade.  lol  Screwed again!  😂

How's things your way brother?

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Yea, only do that about once a week anymore.  lol  Showers yes, shave no.  Seen the price of razor blades lately?  I used to just buy a new razor so I'd get a couple blades w/the extra one or two they had in the pkg.  Today?  Nope, one razor and one blade.  lol  Screwed again!  😂

How's things your way brother?

Yes, that shaving thing, dang.

Already mowed, but just twice.

Cub Cadet 20 hp think 44 cut.

Takes just an hour. Went fishing finally. Nice boating. Plenty of sunshine. Enjoy your warm weather...and I drink a cup while mowing... lol...

• Like 3

We had a beautiful, although cold, spring day today. I had to take my car to the workshop, 2 brake calipers had to be changed . The mechanic told me that I could pick up my car again in 4 hours. I used the time for a long walk along the " Ruhr " river. As always, once I walk, I can't get enough of it, after all, it was just under 10 miles.

wehr.thumb.jpg.e5abfa4c4d14615f66f1ae2a99ab112e.jpgwehr1.thumb.jpg.82d9bb970790d91477e7a6cb2b17da79.jpg

a fish water ladder

wehr2.thumb.jpg.81f102cafc554d17ff93ab3868f4d70e.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

Where do those trees find water ??

it rained so much in the last month , the soils are saturated with water, about 200 liters per cubic meter of soil , if we get an further hot summer the local city nature departments use water bags to provide water for the trees

1920999305_treebuddy.thumb.jpg.ed11b8b0ad0cd2260661c784de2cbdc1.jpg

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Oh yea, kinda forgot  "ya'll"  mow billard tables down that way w/the sand.  lol

No, down here we are stoned... immaculate.

Last time picked up a cue after 20+ years was a couple of weeks ago on a bar pool table.

Won..of course...that is how I roll Dave...💪...just one of them things😤

• Like 2
  • Haha 1