Scotch & Cigars & Tunes

minermark

Guinness, iron butterfly and thinking about fixin the upstairs toilet, anyone else having an easy day ?

Just got back from having my Sansui 9090DB phono issue fixed. Had it completely restored last fall. Bad board behind the main source selector switch. Luckily they covered it under warranty, even though beyond the 90 days. They had a very clean restored simple Sansui 350A 1970's receiver for $225. 20 watts per channel, which would likely be fine for the Khorns. Tempting, but don't need to be spending more money now. Anyway, any of you familiar with that model?

O.K. time to hook up the 9090DB. A bit more rewarding payoff than fixing the toilet, minermark, unless it was your only toilet. :o

• Like 1

It seems Fedex is in No Hurry to get to my door today, soooo, im going to start a beer and pull the hafler amp from the system, once the new one is here and unpacked should be able to fire it up instantly.

The wait continues, one perk i have is just need to look up at my CCTV monitor to see all around the house.

• Like 1

5pm New QSC Bass Amp delivered.

5:10pm Amp Wired and Rocking.

5:15pm Ordered another one, i mean if i can have 500Wpc for $2bones, why not have 1000Wpc for another $2 bones?

So then with two, i will be Mono blocking the Bass units w/SS. 

Yeah, life is getting better, or louder as it may be, for the first time im able to feel the air moving 10' from the stacks. :)

This calls for a bottle of the Lagavulin for friday.

Edited by minermark
  • Like 3

Wow.  You don't richard around.  What speakers & tunes are moving the air and what  :emotion-46: 's are flowing?  So I guess you would endorse that QSC 1700, huh?

The EAW stacks were recommended to be driven with an Active crossover, but no, me i had to dick around with them thinking 3way crossovers, well after a month and a "C" note things were just not coming together.

Beeker was on my back side and always liked the active crossover goodies, so i figured what the hell, do it the EAW way for a change.

Looks like iv gone Pro equip all the way now. no regrets, and really not that much money, less than a grand so far.

Ran some Bella fleck for the test, and lookin good. :)

Edited by minermark
  • Like 1

You got pics out here somewhere of those stacks?  Is this in your cave?  If so, you better be careful with 1000 wpc you'll blow the house off the foundation.  Bye bye cave!

Wife is in the Cave now and requested her favorite tune to Eval my current system.

• Like 1

Wife approves, that is the first time in two months of me reworking this system from three way to Active, and adding the K400 horns.

The horn sound she jumped me about a month ago, like where the hell did my sound go?----oops. :o

Sold my Splits to Justine and he modified the tophats so i bought back my K400s from him and installed them in one of the Mid openings.

Looks like im making the right moves so far. :)

• Like 1

Yeah, life is getting better, or louder as it may be
I want to listen too -- maybe if you have a few more drinks, you can crank it up a notch and i can hear your music down here in Huntington Beach; but, then you’ll have to change your tagline about not having pissed off the neighbors yet ...
  • Like 1

Yeah, life is getting better, or louder as it may be
I want to listen too -- maybe if you have a few more drinks, you can crank it up a notch and i can hear your music down here in Huntington Beach; but, then you’ll have to change your tagline about not having pissed off the neighbors yet ...

LOL, got an exwife down there at bookhurst and adams, (20years ago) i miss LA for only one reason, Surplus stores.

• Like 2

You got pics out here somewhere of those stacks?  Is this in your cave?  If so, you better be careful with 1000 wpc you'll blow the house off the foundation.  Bye bye cave!

Looks like about 8 1/2 feet tall.  Have you broke those FL ceiling bulbs from the db's yet?  Wish I was close to have a listen.

• Like 1

These pics are before the K400 mod(s), i take some friday for the updated current look, im also thinking grills, those woffers hanging out there have my name all over them, brought a piece of Pvc in here the other day and almost put a hole in one......chit.

• Like 1

Looks like about 8 1/2 feet tall.  Have you broke those FL ceiling bulbs from the db's yet?  Wish I was close to have a listen.

Yes, 8 1/2 feet is where they stand, i was pretty worried when picking these up in LA, it was all i could think about on the drive back, Would they fit?

• Like 1

Well here we are on a Friday evening, just about ready to fire up a Maduro, the Amps, and Tunes.

Drinking Coronas till their gone, then DosXX till their gone. yes, it's Mexican night in norcal. :emotion-22:  :emotion-22:  :emotion-22:  :emotion-22:  :emotion-22:  :wacko2:

Edited by minermark
  • Like 1