Scotch & Cigars & Tunes

minermark

Haven't had the Epi #2

Speaking, or speaker of EPI, any of you have any listening experience with EPI (Epicure) speakers from the 70's/early 80's?  I still have a pair of EPI A240's, a tower 2-way speaker with two 10" woofers and two tweeters.  I replaced the woofers with some inexpensive PRS woofers from Parts Express about a year ago.  Saved the original woofers that need to be re-foamed.  These were my main speakers from when I bought them new in 1981, until about 2001.  Have had them on CL for a year, lowering the price, but I won't let them go for less than $300.  Good pair for the occasional outdoor party or garage.  Just curious if anyone had any EPI's.   

EPI?

Never heard of them, give to a local kid, your better than that.

• Like 2

Some of the best port I've ever had. Made and bottled about 3 hours north of me in Tyler. New phone takes pretty good pictures!

20140719_183916.jpeg

All right you forced me, my wife buys bottles all the time thinking she'll like them. But never does, so an attempt to save a bottle from getting wasted here goes.

post-27403-14097937130692_thumb.jpg

Some of the best port I've ever had.  Made and bottled about 3 hours north of me in Tyler.  New phone takes pretty good pictures!

20140719_183916.jpeg

that is a good photo … i ditched my iPhone and bought an LG Optima--did it just because the iPhone camera is crap. LG takes very nice photos.

New phone takes pretty good pictures!

Yes it does, looks good.

Do they grow the grapes in Texas also ?

That particular winery in Tyler sits on the second largest salt dome in the US.  For some reason it's perfect for grapes.  They're the largest winery in TX that grows their own. grapes.

• Like 1

How would you rate it on sweetness?

Definitely in the after dinner category but not super sweet.  You're close enough to Tyler Boxx, you should day trip over there for a tour.  They also distill my newest favorite vodka made from grapes. 

I'll do that.  I'm heading to east Texas in one or two weeks to visit some land that I have on Caddo lake.  I'll make it a point to stop by along the way.

THIS is the restaurant that they have there.  It's spendy but the food is unbelievable.  We'll be going up there Saturday for my brothers wedding and rented out the entire farm house at their B&B for my immediate family.  Should be a good time.

This looks like a great place to stop..