Scotch & Cigars & Tunes

minermark

Went to ABC store last week for some vodka.  Picked up Absolut Cherrykran by mistake.  Didn't notice till I got home.  A little annoyed but this stuff isn't so bad.  Over rocks or with a cap full of soda water and a cherry garnish.  Bien!

Wife just went to wally world for a few staples, ask me if it's cool she picked up some bloddy mary mix and some Vodka.

Well hell YA!

• Like 1

The other night a co-worker introduced me to Black and Mild wood tips. Haven't smoked pipe tobacco since high school, but was quickly reminded why I once found it so enjoyable.

A hearty toke, solid draw every time, and second-hand smoke that smells more like potpourri than burning garbage.

Camel wides were always my go-to, but now if I'm in the mood to light up I'll try to find these instead.

• Like 1

has anyone tried "vaping?" my wife is a cigarette smoker, so I told her, if it helps, I'd be glad to try it also, to either stop cigars completely, or cut back at least.

the best thing about it is all the flavors. the local emporium must have 150 to 200 different flavors.

haven't completely made up my mind about it, but if it helps the wife to stop cigarettes, I'm all for it!

http://www.grimmgreen.com/noobieguide

not sure how long it will be around, because the govt is starting to put their grubby hands on the industry.....so who knows!

My brother does.  I wish the others (who smoke) in my family would.  It is still a nicotine delivery system, but so much less offensive than tobacco to non-smokers.  It also allows for more control over the amount of nicotine ingested. 

yea, and you can also wean yourself off of nicotine by lowering the amount of nicotine when you purchase flavors.

• Moderators
yea, and you can also wean yourself off of nicotine by lowering the amount of nicotine when you purchase flavors

Been using one for over a year, not as good as quitting but much better than cigarettes.

I just use a tobacco favored liquids, I tried other flavors but for me I wasn't looking for something else I liked just something to replace cigarettes. Every liquid no matter the flavor comes in different strengths of nicotine, for a replacement for a cigarette 18mg strength is a good place to start, you can over time reduce that with lower percentages.    

After switching and a couple of weeks it felt like I quit smoking, which I did a couple of years ago for 2 months so I know how it felt.

Now I don't have that smell or the mess of cigarettes, not perfect but better. 

• Like 2

Good luck Elden … I successfully gave up smoking … everything; but, it took permanent lung damage before i did.  Over the past few years, been able to even cut back on the meds … (have been on three inhalers and pills for a long time).  I can get around pretty normally; but, can’t run to save my life.  All the stuff i put in my lungs wasn’t worth it; but, would probably do it again … because i’m stupid and i’d think i could control it next time around. Funny how some people can smoke forever and never suffer illness, and some get lung cancer without ever having smoked.

Edited by BigStewMan