Scotch & Cigars & Tunes

minermark

• Moderators

I tried Yuengling when we were in Tennessee a while back and I really liked it. The bar guy said I could keep the pitchers so we had 5-6 of them, just to bring home the pitchers of course.

Edited by dtel
  • Like 1

I tried Yuengling when we were in Tennessee a while back and I really liked it. The bar guy said I could keep the pitchers so we had 5-6 of them, just to bring home the pictures of course.

wonder if he checked with his boss first?  at work, we have this section of historic farm equipment. I’m walking by and see this couple taking photos through the chain link fence. I tell them that they’d get better pictures on the other side and they point out the sign that says Authorized Personnel Only. I tell them that I’d take them back there and they are excited and thank me.  The lady snaps a dozen photos and then I say, “I’d like to help you more; but, i don’t work here.” Sometimes being a punk is fun.

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 3

• Moderators

I doubt he checked with his boss, this was at place that has ski rentals and some stores, a tourist trap place called Ober Gatlinburg, we brought the grandkids there so they could ice skate and we went to the bar.  

When we were ready to leave I was stopped by two women in uniforms and they asked me where I got the pitchers, the top pitcher still had beer in it and I was drinking on the way out since the place was about empty, I thought I was in trouble. She smiles and says I like those, we talked a little and I asked if she wanted one and she said sure, so I came back with one less pitchers and without getting in trouble.

Edited by dtel
  • Like 1

Wife came home a tad early today not feeling well, so she is napping.

I had a little energy today so the lawn got mowed, rains coming big time in a day or so.

Wile mowing the yard postman stops by delivering a package, ah ha, my Highland single malt 30 year old, neighbor walks over, we shoot the bull for a bit and he see's the box, so whats in it mark? your undoing Paul, great ill come over a little later :emotion-21::emotion-46: Retirement is good today.

• Like 1

I had a little energy today so the lawn got mowed, rains coming big time in a day or so.

Wile mowing the yard postman stops by delivering a package, ah ha, my Highland single malt 30 year old, neighbor walks over, we shoot the bull for a bit and he see's the box, so whats in it mark? your undoing Paul, great ill come over a little later :emotion-21::emotion-46: Retirement is good today.

same neighbor that whined about the alleged excessive volume?

• Like 1

same neighbor that whined about the alleged excessive volume?

Not the same neighbor, Paul is across the street , front of my house, the wacco one is behind my house three doors east.

• Like 1

A little shop project tonight, building/fabricating a laser bore sight for my Socom Scout.

Taking a spent casing and mounting a laser inside it, yes you can by them, but hell you only use it when you mount new optics.

You load the laser in the chamber, laser shines dead center down the barrel, puts a spot on a wall 100 yards out, simply adjust crosshairs in scope on spot, saves a boat load of ammo when sighting in a new scope.

Looking at the bottle of Lagavulin, taking a break, maybe just a sip .... :emotion-46:

• Like 1

• Moderators
Friend of mine told me that beer in available around Mobile, fwiw.

Could be, I had never seen or even heard of it until we were in Tennessee, If I see it when were out I want to try it again, I remember it was pretty good.

Could be, I had never seen or even heard of it until we were in Tennessee, If I see it when were out I want to try it again, I remember it was pretty good.
They are the oldest (185 years), family owned,  still in operation brewery in the U.S. They started carrying a few of their different styles around here recently.

They just introduced a summer wheat. Nice.

Bruce

• Like 1

A little shop project tonight, building/fabricating a laser bore sight for my Socom Scout.

Taking a spent casing and mounting a laser inside it, yes you can by them, but hell you only use it when you mount new optics.

You load the laser in the chamber, laser shines dead center down the barrel, puts a spot on a wall 100 yards out, simply adjust crosshairs in scope on spot, saves a boat load of ammo when sighting in a new scope.

Looking at the bottle of Lagavulin, taking a break, maybe just a sip .... :emotion-46:

Here is a better way which you may want to try, its free and it works.

First, get a very large (several feet square) piece of paper/ cardboard.  Put your target (lets say a 2" orange sticker dot for sake of argument) in the center.  Place the paper/cardboard at 100yds (you may have to start at 50yds if things are grossly misaligned).  Place the rifle in sandbags/rest so that no movement whatsoever exists (more on this latter).  Now, put the crosshairs in the center of the orange dot and fire one shot.  With any luck you will have a hole somewhere on the paper/cardboard(if not, move your paper to 50yds and repeat).  Now, this is the critical aspect.  Place your rifle back in the rest, move the rifle to where the crosshairs are back on the center of the orange dot (original aiming point),  Now, without moving the rifle at all (it must absolutely remain motionless during this period),  look through the scope at your crosshairs (still centered on the center of the orange dot at this point) and adjust your scope (turret adjustments) until your crosshairs move over to the center of your bullet hole you just got done making.  Thats it, you have just sighted in your rifle with one shot. 

Yes, i do this exact method when out in the shooting areas, however im in my shop/cave.

After two bad lasers,(Optics) i finely dialed it pretty close.

• Like 1