Thread CRAPPING Honey Pot

Thaddeus Smith

Boxx has an addiction for the last word.

Now that is a refreshing thought....

Stop that.

Stop what?

That.

This

Yep, that.

Nope.

I refuse to concede.

Don't be a turkey....

81960476.gif

Edited by Boxx

Just FYI...

What's the difference between a "disc" and a "disk?"

They're pronounced the same, but, technically speaking, there is a distinct difference between a disc and a disk.

Discs

A disc refers to optical media, such as an audio CD, CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, DVD-RAM, or DVD-Video disc. Some discs are read-only (ROM), others allow you to burn content (write files) to the disc once (such as a CD-R or DVD-R, unless you do a multisession burn), and some can be erased and rewritten over many times (such as CD-RW, DVD-RW, and DVD-RAM discs).

All discs are removable, meaning when you unmount or eject the disc from your desktop or Finder, it physically comes out of your computer.

Disks

A disk refers to magnetic media, such as a floppy disk, the disk in your computer's hard drive, an external hard drive. Disks are always rewritable unless intentionally locked or write-protected. You can easilypartition a disk into several smaller volumes, too.

Disks are usually sealed inside a metal or plastic casing (often, a disk and its enclosing mechanism are collectively known as a "hard drive").

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201697

Mr. Smith --- I realize that you are the patriarch of this thread; but, must you make it an educational one? Mindless babble has an important role on this forum.

​By the way, they aren’t pronounced the same everywhere.  Dtel can tell us how the Cajuns pronounce it--our Canadian brothers says "disk, eh"; and out here in SoCal, it must be pronounced "auto-mo-tive dec-o-rat-ion", as i see some of our permanent visitors from south of the border hanging discs from their rear view mirror--they’re sparkly. Hopefully, i lowered the IQ of this thread back to it’s natural level.

Cheers.

Steve

Edited by BigStewMan