Thread CRAPPING Honey Pot

Thaddeus Smith

This should tic off quite a few people, I think there loosing it over in Russia.

http://news.yahoo.com/russia-lists-transgender-people-among-those-unfit-drive-123819406.html

MOSCOW (AP) — New Russian road safety regulations bar transsexuals, transvestites and others with sexual "disorders" from driving, ostensibly for medical reasons.

The new regulations have been criticized by rights activists, who see them as unconstitutional and likely to exacerbate an already hostile climate for the lesbian, ***, bisexual and transgender community in Russia.

EDIT:  Self censor.  Sometimes it's best to wait 30 seconds before you hit "post".  I cracked myself up though.

• Like 1

• Moderators
oldtimer, on 10 Jan 2015 - 11:07 AM, said:

CECAA850, on 10 Jan 2015 - 10:15 AM, said: EDIT: Self censor. Sometimes it's best to wait 30 seconds before you hit "post". I cracked myself up though.

Don't take all the fun out of life....

True but you can't upset people regularly, I know this because I am married and have learned the hard way. ;)

EDIT: Self censor. Sometimes it's best to wait 30 seconds before you hit "post". I cracked myself up though.

What the hay.

The first thing I was going to say was the Russian government probably was trying to reduce the amount of rear end accidents. 

Boxx would have said :o

I am NOT a fan of stuff being hot just for the sake of being hot. My brother in law got me a bottle of this for Christmas, and while it definitely kicks me in the throat with spice, it does also have some good flavor to it. Just wanted to pass this along with the endorsement of a spice weenie.

http://fymhotsauce.com/

I've been trying to reduce the number of hobbies in which I spend my time and money and am pretty much now focused on audio. I'd like to start building a niche product to help keep me busy, but without any sort of electronics or engineering background I'm at a loss of what to do.

I know how to solder and have a decent kit, could probably beef it up a bit.

I'm comfortable working with through hole circuit boards, wire "building" (speaker wire, interconnects, power cables, etc)

I need to re-learn how to read schematics

I have no design background

I have good wood working skills and am competent with power tools. Carpentry needs work.

When I was in High School, AGES ago I participated in the Texas B.E.S.T. competitions so I have fundamental understandings of electronics, building trades, and robotics. I took drafting all of high school.

I guess I need some sort of apprenticeship with someone in the audio "cottage industry" that's willing to trickle down low level work and help me get started. I'm ok with buying tools, but can't plop down hundreds on materials.

Any suggestions on where to start and where to focus?

EDIT: Self censor. Sometimes it's best to wait 30 seconds before you hit "post". I cracked myself up though.

What the hay.

The first thing I was going to say was the Russian government probably was trying to reduce the amount of rear end accidents. 

Boxx would have said :o

Well I heard that Earl is such a good attorney he once got a buggery charge reduced to "following too close" :o  

Edited by Tarheel

thoughts continued..

I guess my real strengths are in the digital/computing area of music. I have a hard time justifying a build service for music servers that cost $$$+ when I'm using a $35 streamer.. then again, my solution isn't really user friendly or simply the one component. Would people pay $800 for a no-nonsense music server based on a mac mini, preconfigured and ready to start playing music?

Are people still willing to pay for CD ripping  services? $.50/disc + the cost of your storage device (or provide your own)?

I've been trying to reduce the number of hobbies in which I spend my time and money

How the hell does one do that?  I've been trying to figure that out for a while now.

I started getting involved in shooting sports. 

I started a 1971 BMW 2002 restoration

I started collecting/restoring arcades

I started getting into HT

then I started pursuing 2-channel

someday I want make pipes?

I've also got plans for sustainable gardening and livestock in the not too distant feature

oh and two kids

and a house that needs work

I reduced it down to 1 shotgun and 1 pistol and I only shoot every few months. Ammo made it cost prohibitive and I don't have a good place for a large safe. I'm happy with what I've got and can go shoot out back whenever I have funds for ammo.

I parted out what I could from the BMW and sold the rest as scrap. Too expensive and time consuming, I don't miss it.

Ditched the arcades except for a good Neo Geo "Big Red" 4 slot and use it as a MAME machine. Covers my playing needs.

I acquired great gear for the HT and then trimmed it down based on actual usage. No more growth there until something breaks.

2-channel is very quickly reaching the same point.

Pipe making is something that interests me, but currently has no capital investment. So it just sits as a day dream for the moment.

Self reliant food source is picking up steam on my list of important things and will be slowly built out. Starting with chickens this spring/summer.

Most of these hobbies were started before my girls and status as a homeowner existed. Those three life events changed a lot of priorities and forced me to hone in on what's really important.

• Like 1

I've been trying to reduce the number of hobbies in which I spend my time and money and am pretty much now focused on audio. I'd like to start building a niche product to help keep me busy, but without any sort of electronics or engineering background I'm at a loss of what to do.

I took all the classes for an electrical engineering degree then transferred them. I don't think it helps much with this stuff. Once you can solder good and read a schematic you've learned about all you're going to. There are troubleshooting classes that would help but that's about it.

There is a ton of blogs and videos that a friend of mine is in to, I'd try to insert yourself into that world and see what other people are in to.

Self reliant food source is picking up steam on my list of important things and will be slowly built out. Starting with chickens this spring/summer.

I do know about some chickens. I'm starting a new flock when it warms up a bit. My last ones got wiped out by a weasel. I built a house on a mini-farm so I can do this kind of stuff. Thinking about starting a ginseng operation.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...