2008 Klipschorns in Maine $2200 (MUST ACT FAST)

Brac

They look absolutely perfect, flawless, and like new. Although I did not get to hear them, I am certain they will sound as good as they look. Thanks to Brac for meeting me in Dexter and bringing me all the way to the sellers house, and then staying for hours. The seller was very gracious, especially given he had sold them at a fire sale price. Also thanks to some very nice moving men who were getting the sellers last few things loaded, and together with Brac, got them loaded in my Uhaul. I NEVER realized they were so heavy. Without Brac and those moving guys the khorns would not have left Maine. In fact they are so heavy that I think I will need to integrate the truck into the living room as a sound stage since the truck has no ramp and Arnold Schwartzeneger will not fly out to my house to unload them. ( hey Brac, would it be too much to ask for you to drive ten hours to....ya, never mind)

After 19 hours I finally stopped at a hotel in Andover Mass. I just can't stay awake like I could when I was younger. Home tomorrow!

Thanks again to Brac. I know he felt bad as they were driving away. You can visit them any time, Brac.

Thanks again,

Earl

Edited by eth2

Unloadin is easy, slide one onto a piece of plywood, slip another 8' piece of plywood under the end of plywood that has Khorn on it. Place 1" PVC and cut approx length that plywood is wide and push bottom plywood as far under as needed to be able to roll top plywood down ramp made by bottom plywood. Use dolly to hall first Khorn out of way and repeat for second Khorn. Or you can put more PVC under the plywood Khorn is on to move it where you want. Be careful not to let Khorn tip over while going down the ramp. Have used this method for many things I could not lift. Usually takes more then one roller, but you should get the Idea. Once you are going down the ramp it is best to only have one roller between the sheets of plywood so it does not take off and wind up like Youthman only worse.

Now as for the wife. Tell her your going to resale and make a profit. Then stall until she falls in love with them and won't let you. If she does not fall for it, Keep stalling until she gives up.

Unloadin is easy, slide one onto a piece of plywood, slip another 8' piece of plywood under the end of plywood that has Khorn on it. Place 1" PVC and cut approx length that plywood is wide and push bottom plywood as far under as needed to be able to roll top plywood down ramp made by bottom plywood. Use dolly to hall first Khorn out of way and repeat for second Khorn. Or you can put more PVC under the plywood Khorn is on to move it where you want. Be careful not to let Khorn tip over while going down the ramp. Have used this method for many things I could not lift. Usually takes more then one roller, but you should get the Idea. Once you are going down the ramp it is best to only have one roller between the sheets of plywood so it does not take off and wind up like Youthman only worse.

Now as for the wife. Tell her your going to resale and make a profit. Then stall until she falls in love with them and won't let you. If she does not fall for it, Keep stalling until she gives up.

Ah…the Egyptian method…nice!

reminds me of my cincy to syacuse trip for my 69 k-horns last year. over 18 hrs round trip. the tolls were killer

my 4th set of k-horns and i usually load/unload and take them in the house, ( thankfully they come in 2 piecies) up and down the steps all by myself. have been known to use a mattress off my kids bunk bed. for this set i did build a sleigh bed for the bottoms so i could pack them good and easy slide down the steps

Edited by Budman

They look absolutely perfect, flawless, and like new. Although I did not get to hear them, I am certain they will sound as good as they look. Thanks to Brac for meeting me in Dexter and bringing me all the way to the sellers house, and then staying for hours. The seller was very gracious, especially given he had sold them at a fire sale price. Also thanks to some very nice moving men who were getting the sellers last few things loaded, and together with Brac, got them loaded in my Uhaul. I NEVER realized they were so heavy. Without Brac and those moving guys the khorns would not have left Maine. In fact they are so heavy that I think I will need to integrate the truck into the living room as a sound stage since the truck has no ramp and Arnold Schwartzeneger will not fly out to my house to unload them. ( hey Brac, would it be too much to ask for you to drive ten hours to....ya, never mind)

After 19 hours I finally stopped at a hotel in Andover Mass. I just can't stay awake like I could when I was younger. Home tomorrow!

Thanks again to Brac. I know he felt bad as they were driving away. You can visit them any time, Brac.

Thanks again,

Earl

Congrats on your purchase. That was a nice trip to get them. I'll bet your feeling pretty good right now!

Hi all,
Fifty-two hours aftet I left Ithaca, the Khorns are nestled all snug in their beds (or corners). No damage, and they are still "pristine."
Thanks again to Brac. I will hook them up on Tuesday as I will be away tomorrow.
Life is good!

Edited by eth2
  • Like 1

Thanks TigerwoodKhorns.

Maine was brutal. I can't believe all the snow they had. Moving the speakers out of the house was a real feat. Fortunately there was a moving crew there an Brac took charge of keeping them safe through snow and ice from the house to the van. It is currently 15 degrees in Ithaca (going down to 2 degrees tonight), although we do not have much snow.