2008 Klipschorns in Maine $2200 (MUST ACT FAST)

Brac

Earl i am assuming your going to run the khorns off the b&k? I ran my khorns with the parasound model 2100 preamp and b&k amp and they sounded amazing. I now have a fisher 500c which i am looking to restore because i want to give tubes a try :)

Run the khorns off what you have now and in the future i am sure you will change it up. Keep your eyes peeled on a good deal so you wont miss it. Good luck and i hope you enjoy the khorns.

Alex

• Like 1

Ave Bona,

Thanks, I really like them (even as furniture).

They were triple wrapped in bubble warp, foam insulation and a comforter. Then they were firmly tied (thanks Brac) to the front header of a 12 foot rental truck. Your point about the roads between Sangerville and the Interstate is well taken. You obviously know the roads up there.

I should not have done it, but I calculated the cost of getting them home. It was a bit of a shock!

$250 Truck Rental (one way Bangor to Ithaca). It would have been about $700 round trip

$275 Gas for truck

$120 Gas for personal car (had to drive to Maine to get the rental truck)

$50 Tolls

$125 Hotel

$75 Food

$170 Loading costs

$1065 Total

Guess I will just think of it as a two day vacation in Maine.

Edited by eth2

Ave Bona,

They were triple wrapped in bubble warp, foam insulation and a comforter. Then they were firmly tied (thanks Brac) to the front header of a 12 foot rental truck. Your point about the roads between Sangerville and the Interstate is well taken. You obviously know the roads up there.

I should not have done it, but I calculated the cost of getting them home. It was a bit of a shock!

$250 Truck Rental (one way Bangor to Ithaca). It would have been about $700 round trip

$275 Gas for truck

$50 Tolls

$125 Hotel

$75 Food

$170 Loading costs

$1065 Total

$50 Bucks in Tolls ? WTF?

And all you did was drive there and back ? Are you kidding me ?

Minermark,

No, I wish I was kidding. I needed a car and a truck as the cost of a round trip truck rental was obscene. Gas for the truck (at about 9 miles a gallon) was no bargain either. As I bought them at around 3 pm on Friday and had to pick them up on Saturday, there was no time to try and figure out a more economical way to get them home. It was about 1,200 miles round trip

Nonetheless, a guy in New Hampshire has a comparable pair and wants $4.500, so I guess I still made out pretty good.

Edited by eth2
  • Like 1

Since I work for myself and had only afternoon appointments, I blew off the morning. Now I am thinking of blowing off the afternoon, getting a case of Guinness and celebrating St. Pat's day!

Id be more than happy to come over with a bottle of Lagavulin 16 but since I don't drink and drive, I would need to walk, it's kind of a far walk for me, so ill just be Drinkin my Own Guinness and thinkin of you enjoying those kickazz speakers.

P.S. a little later when we are all a little fuzzy, we can start the "Cables" conversation. :)

Ave Bona,

$275 Gas for truck

$50 Tolls

$125 Hotel

$75 Food

$170 Loading costs

$1065 Total

My wife and I made a 3 day trip to pick up speakers a few weeks ago. I made a vacation ou tof it. We went to two dirrferent state parks. Fun trip, I got my speakers and she got a to go see the parks take pictures, etc. It was really fun.

you move fast Earl, it seemed like just yesterday you were here loading those Cornscalas. you didn't even ask to hear my Khorns when you were here and now bingo you own a pair lol. Congratulations Earl nice purchase and a great looking room to have them in.