what are folks opinions on these?

Schu

^ and I do... there is someone that has a pair locally for $800. I could probably get them for $675-$700 cash. they've been on CL for many weeks.

HT is not my main drive and I am really happy with 3.1 right now, but these are a good buy I think.

I just thought they looked massive in the photos he posted for his ad.

Edited by Schu

Schu, you need those. I would like to hear some. Yep, more Belles, I wish. I had 7 in my GA. home but alas, no room here. I have Hersey but they don't fit well and currently using some contractor installed surrounds that the installer obviously had no idea where they should be placed.

Nice in walls! Start out at a $525 offer and bet you will get them for $6-650. I never really seen/looked at that particular pair before. Thems huuge :o

They would be great movie speakers but wonder how they would perform with the thx certification with music.

• Moderators

I wonder if the mounting depth is due to the speaker being in an "enclosure"? Some in-ceilings are just completely open on the back so they use your attic as the enclosure. Some in-ceiling speakers have an actual enclosure.