Snag a 65th Anniversary Klipsch Poster

Alex L

Budman - You definitely deserve! Your photos are almost as lovely as your speakers, and your dedication to the brand has been almost as great as your contributions to this forum. Without your help, my Pie Logo project would not have been possible.

post-6935-0-94700000-1398994917_thumb.jp

post-6935-0-91340000-1398994938_thumb.jp

Alex and Amy - If my faster response has me getting a Poster and Budman not getting one, please give mine to him. While I definitely want one (and have 2 more years on the forum than he does) it will save me the postage...

Chris

(Edit) - If there's an age requirement for this, my "birthday" shows me as 12+ years old. Those are FORUM years. I'm 46 years old... Thanks!

Edited by mungkiman

Sounds like fun! It sounds like you want the content posted on the blog. Just let us know when the blog is ready.

Yes, indeed. It would be great to get the content in advance of the blog launch, so we can plan out the posts on our end and let y'all know when they will go live.

But, really, that actually doesn't matter too much. We just want the blog to be interesting and not just another corporate blog.

• Like 1

You have my permission to use any of the pics in my two galleries. My Gallery I also posted a few pics at the bottom if you don't want the hassle to pic one.

Been around speakers for as long as i can remember. We had some speakers from speakerlab that my dad called a cheaper rip off of klipsch. So when i got older i gave klipsch a try.

I think audio king was my first time buying some klipsch.

I have two klipsch systems. My reference system is used for a dedicated home theater. The 2nd system is in the family room where i have older heritage speakers.

My main speakers are cornwalls and rf-7ii.

Center channel i use is rc64ii.

Surrounds i use are rs62ii , rb61ii, and heresys.

Subs i use are 3 svs ported subs. pb13 ultra and x2 pb12 plus.

Receiver and power amp i use are sc-55 pio elite and for power a b&k 200.7 s2.

picforposter.jpg

DSCN0573.jpg

DSCN0566-1.jpg

Edited by reference_head
  • Like 1

MAIN PHOTO: I dont know if my new(olympus about 14mp $50 at HHgreg) is hi resulution...I also dont know how to post pics?

I have tried and tried...I cannot get a picture to post :unsure:

WHEN/WHY YOU FIRST HEARD OF KLIPSCH: I had a baby and was trading my car audio for home audio

WHERE & WHEN YOU MADE YOUR PURCHASE: From custom audio concepts Lima Ohio when I was having my 1st kid. Lived so many years in the dark from klipsch...Even as of recently have been accustomed to the use of the k402&k510 with jublees and many other rare high performance klipsch. The klipsch venture never ends! Although KLIPSCH does provide the most affectionate contentment in audio bar none.

THE SETUP: Crown&bgw amplifiers

MAIN SPEAKERS: Chorus ii (Black)

CENTER CHANNEL (If applicable):kp250

SURROUNDS/BOOKSHELVES (if applicable): surrounds kpt2502c's/back surrounds Tangent by klipsch t5000's

RECEIVER: Harman Kardon

AMPLIFIER (if applicable): Crown xls for mains and surrounds-Bgw750g for subwoofers

MEDIA CABINETS (if applicable): .Silver with glass sheves

ANYTHING ELSE?: Klipsch.................................with Radian 18" direct radiating subs

I went a solid 2 years buying and testing every single klipsch speaker I came across if indeed it was for sale...New and Used....I have narrowed my modest life now with still a very large KLIPSCH collection I cannot live without. From reference klipsch to heritage klipsch they all have a place in each and every space!

I must add...You name the speaker from a-z I have owned or/and tested it..Klipsch is home plate...When i went from a $8000(actually fairly modest) car stereo to home audio my first system was all klipsch...well i tried everything and i mean EVERYTHING....nothing and I mean NOTHING produced sound as did that first system i had that was indeed klipsch.

Out of more than 30 home theater setups iv owned i was only settling for(other brands) and still had in my mind that 1st klipsch setup that i had when leaving car audio. Once ebay came out i found it easy to get exactly what i wanted and have done exactly this at least 3 times. In them days I tried what looked good...what was the most expensive and what my friends were using. Still nothing produced sound like the original klipsch system i began with period.

Now being a part of the klipsch forum i have learned more than i ever knew was possible in audio and its all fact. Klipsch is home plate. Beyond a homerun. Nothing can compare to the true contentment klipsch brings me. I cannot sleep now without at least owning my klipsch collection. What i have stated in this paragraph is pure truth no bs.

Klipsch is a legend and what follows is the finest speaker with the best people on the planet. Bar none. KLIPSCH IS HOME PLATE. Its so glad to be at home in audio with klipsch.

Best regards to you on your audio venture.

I'll post my own story about owning Klipsch, and I hope I win.

But I'm telling you right now, after reading the post above, and if I do manage to get one, I'm sending my poster to Mr. Beeker. B)

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Picture(s) to come..... answers to questions to come.... too late to the party to snag a poster I'm sure so but sounds like fun.....

WHEN/WHY YOU FIRST HEARD OF KLIPSCH:

Way back in the last century c1978 when I was a sophomore in high school maybe a bit after buying my first stereo at Rat Shack, I really started poring through the school library's stash of STEREO REVIEW and HIGH FIDELITY and continued to do so before and after school until I graduated or got my own subscriptions. I think HIGH FIDELITY was absorbed inot STEREO REVIEW which has now been combined with a video mag to become SOUND & VISION. I also subscribed to AUDIO magazine. By 1979 if not before, my brother and/or myself subscribed to Rolling Stone and my brother subscribed to MUSICIAN and GUITAR PLAYER. Probably when I sold magazine subscriptions as a junior as that's how we raised funds for the high school prom.

I believe it was my sophomore year in 1978 when I read a review of the Klipschorn in STEREO REVIEW. Yep. By Julian "All Amplifiers Sound The Same" Hirsch ...

to be continued...

WHERE & WHERE YOU MADE YOUR PURCHASE:

THE SETUP: Discuss how you went about setting up your system and what you use it for.

MAIN SPEAKERS: What model they are and why you selected them

CENTER CHANNEL (If applicable): What model it is and why you selected it

What's a center channel? (Just kidding). I don't have one.

SURROUNDS/BOOKSHELVES (if applicable): What model they are and why you selected them

SUBWOOFER (If applicable): What model it is and why you selected it

RECEIVER: What model it is and why you selected it

AMPLIFIER (if applicable): What model it is and why you selected it

MEDIA CABINETS (if applicable): People sometimes like to know what media cabinets you're using.

ANYTHING ELSE?: I obviously don't know everything that people would want to know about this kind of thing, so if you have suggestions that would make sense, lemme hear them!

Edited by blsamuel

MAIN PHOTO: Khorns

WHEN/WHY YOU FIRST HEARD OF KLIPSCH: My roommate in College had a set of Hersey I's. I was sooo jealous, but alas his dad was a CEO of a Fortune 500 and mine was not.

WHERE & WHERE YOU MADE YOUR PURCHASE: From February to June 2014

Klipshorns - Maine during a major snowstorm

Heresy I's - Syracuse, New York/ Allentown, Pa./ Binghamton, New York

Hersey II's - Buffalo, New York

Cornwall II's - Western, Ma.

LaScala's - DeRuyter, New York

Forte II's - Watertown, New York

THE SETUP:

K'horn's in the living room

Cornwalls in the lower level with Cornscala rears and heresy sides

Forte II's in home office

LaScalas in the Garage for use outside (weather permitting)

CENTER CHANNEL : Heresy

RECEIVER: I don't need no stinkin' receiver

AMPLIFIER (if applicable): The long sad story of the VAC tube amps documented in 20 page threads on the Forum. Also, B&K, Pioneer 7.1, Phase Linear

PreAmps: Blueberry/Peach/McIntosh

Edited by eth2

I first head of Klipsch in 2007. My first Klipsch speakers were the HD 500 home theater, purchased from Best Buy, which I still own. Then in 2011 I purchased the Klipsch Icon V system from Best Buy, VF 36, VC 24, and four VS 14 surrounds. . Over the last couple of year I have tried various speakers and now have an RF 7 base home theater. The system uses an RC 64 center and RS 35's for surround and front height, and four big subwoofer, Chase SV 18.1(2) and SS 18.2(2)). There is also an Icon V, 2.1 system in the family room. That system is ancorhed by the VF 35's and a Klipsch subwoofer.

I have been to many custom audio shops over the last few years listening to speakers that cost up to 100 K and alway feel great about my Klipsch speakers. For music or Home Theater, you can't beat Klipsch for live sound

Edited by derrickdj1

Been kinda disappointed with Klipsch's customer service lately.

Be patient. Alex and Amy and all are very busy lately but I'm sure they'll get it out soon. I recently won some Klipsch Status in the their Twitter #UnleashRoy contest and it did take a while to get them. Well worth the wait. Broke a cable the first day (#WhyICantHaveNiceThings) and it was replaced very quickly.

They may be short on proper shipping containers and haven't had time to get them? Rolled in a tube I'd think would be the safest most cost effective way to ship.

I'm sure I'm in the queue too late to win a poster but will complete my blog entry.... though it may take a while

• Moderators

Glad you guys are slowly getting your posters. Sorry about the delay. Like Alex said, these were sent out by one of our executive assistants who has much on her plate - not customer service!