out with the old dream theater and in with the new.... Full front pic added

Scrappydue

Congrats Scrappy on stepping up to the big boys

thanks. When you gonna buy the ones in your avatar?

You know me, I take baby steps. Love to buy Refs 7's but the timing right now isn't good. I tried to finance them but he shot me down lol. Bummer cuz he's only an hr away.

Congrats Scrappy on stepping up to the big boys

thanks. When you gonna buy the ones in your avatar?

You know me, I take baby steps. Love to buy Refs 7's but the timing right now isn't good. I tried to finance them but he shot me down lol. Bummer cuz he's only an hr away.

Time flys, And Its a lot to spend for anyone. Who knows they might still be here when your ready.

• Like 1

Thanks. Sorry for the poor quality pics. I am gonna get the nice camera out this weekend to get a few better pics of downstairs. Gonna remove the kpt sub and put the room back together. It's functional now for some

Testing, but still not close to normal

I have my room so light controled that taking pics is really hard. I even tried to put brigher bulbs in and it was still to dark. When i take pics with the same camera in my heritage room they turn out so much better (still not even close to youths pics, He makes all of us look bad :rolleyes: )

• Moderators

The key is you cannot hand hold the camera. Even with expensive glass, in a poorly lit room, you will get a blurry image because the shutter needs to stay open longer than you can be perfectly still. I've shared my tips in several threads. Glad to help any way I can

The key is you cannot hand hold the camera. Even with expensive glass, in a poorly lit room, you will get a blurry image because the shutter needs to stay open longer than you can be perfectly still. I've shared my tips in several threads. Glad to help any way I can

Yes i always hold it. You should see the pics i dont post lmao.

Yes i always hold it. You should see the pics i dont post lmao.
i think you should post a few of them as well.

• Moderators

Scrappy is right, you can increase the ISO but when you do, you introduce grain and the image isn't as clear as it can be. I take my photos in my HT at 100 ISO. If you use a tripod or place your camera on something solid (floor, chair, box etc) and set the timer, you won't have to worry about camera shake. What model camera are you using? If you want, I can shoot you a PM with some advice on how to get better pics.

• Moderators
If you want, I can shoot you a PM with some advice on how to get better pics.

Might be a good idea, if your camera has any adjustments Youthman can tell you how to get much better pics, and not just of speakers. :emotion-21:

Scrappy is right, you can increase the ISO but when you do, you introduce grain and the image isn't as clear as it can be. I take my photos in my HT at 100 ISO. If you use a tripod or place your camera on something solid (floor, chair, box etc) and set the timer, you won't have to worry about camera shake. What model camera are you using? If you want, I can shoot you a PM with some advice on how to get better pics.

youthman yours and my d7000 should have zero noise up to 1600 to 3200 on the iso setting. at least that is what they advertise. i rarely put mine above 640.

OK UPDATE: I LOVE THESE THINGS!! they are just fantastic in every aspect! my favorite thing about them by far is their ability to have that very large full sound at low volumes. i always tell people when i watch downstairs i watch loud because that is what i go down there for. not that that is a lie, however louder always sounds better. but what i am finding with these is they maintain the same sound even at low volumes. i just watched my first whole movie, and while a comedy not an action, i watched it at -22 i think and it was plenty loud. now i know some people watch there anyways, keep in mind i have no audyssey dynamic eq or anything on like that, and i am used to watching around -5 below reference when i go down there.

another note. the kpt-884. i am loving this thing too. it doesnt shake anything like my quad setup but the punch it provides is just incredible. not im not sure if that is the sub or maybe placement. but i do know that with my other setup i had like a 11 db null at 72 hz. this sub does not have that where it sits. i am guessing that is it. however i still think this is a fantastic subwoofer. would love to hear that new 1802 sub from klipsch. ill wait on that one though as this one is already to big and i am betting that other one would dwarf this thing.

wel good night all i will keep updating as i get more time to listen.

big thanks to bill hendrix for thinking of me when selling these. i am very grateful for this forum and all my buddies on here. i really do feel like i know just about everyone on here and are good friends with many of you!

• Moderators
my favorite thing about them by far is their ability to have that very large full sound at low volumes.

I know exactly what your saying, it sounds big at any volume my favorite thing also, plus they can shake the walls ! :)

big thanks to bill hendrix for thinking of me when selling these. i am very grateful for this forum and all my buddies on here. i really do feel like i know just about everyone on here and are good friends with many of you!

Bill Hendrix is first class, and a very nice man, you could not have been safer dealing with him. :emotion-21:

• Moderators
youthman yours and my d7000 should have zero noise up to 1600 to 3200 on the iso setting. at least that is w

Yes, that was one of the reasons I upgraded from the D90 to the D7000 is the better ISO capabilities. When shooting stationary objects like speakers, to me, there is no reason to use higher than 100 ISO since the camera does not move while on a tripod. Shutter may stay open for 6 seconds. I'm patient so I don't mind waiting. B)

however louder always sounds better. but what i am finding with these is they maintain the same sound even at low volumes.

That's awesome. That's the way I always did with the RF-83's. I cranked them up loud because it was at the high volume that they really shined. I'm finding I have been turnign down the LaScalas which I never did with the RF-83's. Glad you are thoroughly enjoying your new toys.

Glad to hear they are living up to the hype.

Sure hope your XO arrive soon so you can begin posting your own joyful reviews.

youthman yours and my d7000 should have zero noise up to 1600 to 3200 on the iso setting. at least that is w

Yes, that was one of the reasons I upgraded from the D90 to the D7000 is the better ISO capabilities. When shooting stationary objects like speakers, to me, there is no reason to use higher than 100 ISO since the camera does not move while on a tripod. Shutter may stay open for 6 seconds. I'm patient so I don't mind waiting. B)

however louder always sounds better. but what i am finding with these is they maintain the same sound even at low volumes.

That's awesome. That's the way I always did with the RF-83's. I cranked them up loud because it was at the high volume that they really shined. I'm finding I have been turnign down the LaScalas which I never did with the RF-83's. Glad you are thoroughly enjoying your new toys.

Glad to hear they are living up to the hype.

Sure hope your XO arrive soon so you can begin posting your own joyful reviews.

Thanks youth, I'm sure I will have them soon ( fingers crossed) :)

Scrappy, I thought that sub would go well with your system. That sub should give you all the slam than anyone would want and your SI can do the deep digging. Your SI sub should get some extra headroom to help with the deep stuff. I am glad to hear that you are pleased with the new setup!

Glad to hear they are living up to the hype. How do you think these measure up to some of the jtr stuff you have heard?

man I'd have to do a side by side. I know for sure that these can get a little bright at extreme volumes. The JTR when I heard stayed smooth. Which is dangerous! But I never go that dang high anyways. Them guys demo stuff at 10 over reference and sit with their ears covered. It's funny but that's about it.

And don't worry since they are not veneered cabinets, they will get demoed beside JTR at some point in time.

Edited by Scrappydue