out with the old dream theater and in with the new.... Full front pic added

Scrappydue

well i guess the surprised has been leaked (thanks ref) i have been through lots of changes since i have been a member here. i started with the rf-82 home theater and then upgraded big time to the rf-63 home theater. loved it till the day it left. i had always seen the thx ultra system and decided with the price tag of 13000 i would never be able to afford it and there for would be a dream setup most likely. well after an oppertunity to purchase it i let the 63 goes and got the thx stuff. loved it but knew i made a mistake letting the 63's go. i have a new set of them so i am good there.

well after much pondering on selling the thx setup i finally did last weekend with the intent of waiting till i got a new house to see what was in store for me next. so last saturday morning i received payment for the thx set. and within hours of me re arranging all my speakers to be able to do without the thx stuff i receive and email from a member here offering up his cinema theater as he is losing his hearing very badly. i felt this as fate and didnt even have to think about it. so this saturday i will be heading 4 hours west of me to pick up the following:

3 KPT-904's

4 KPT-100's

1 KPT-884

1 CROWN XTI 1000.

i will try the sub out vs probably just two of my sealed 18's. if i prefer the slam of the cinema over the depth of the sealed i will probably sell the quad 18 setup and buy another 884 for the room. also have to make sure this will all fit on my front wall. prolly not im thinking lol. but who cares.

pics will be here in a few days as well. :D

Edited by Scrappydue
  • Like 1

Guest Steven1963

This is so far over my head all I can say is it must be nice to own that stuff much less even know what all of it is... :blink:

TiMe To GoOgle.

Steve

P.S. GRATS!

Good stuff for sure. reference head has inspired you, and he's kinda making me rethink some stuff too. I still have a ton of kpt stuff and I might be inspired to put it all to work. Thanks for the pm about the K-510 / B&C de75. It reminded me about what Bill Hendrix was saying over a year ago. As you know I have 3 KPT-904's without top horns and a pair of KPT-684's. What you don't know is that I have 10 KPT-200's. I would miss my 6.2 LaScala/THT setup, but I am soooooooooo tempted....... :unsure2:

Congrats Scrappydue!!! I can't wait to hear you impression on the new system and also on the differences with a cinema sub compared to your sealed subs. Remember, protect your hearing at all cost. Did Michael Buffer say that, lol.

Scrappy,

You are in a constant state of change, which appears to be a good thing. Those speakers and your insane subs has to be as good or better than just about any movie theater system you could visit.

Congrats on your new purchase.

Hey, why not the KPT-804 and(not or) two DIY 18" Integrity's? Slam :emotion-21: and depth. :emotion-21:

Bill

• Like 1

"...member here offering up his cinema theater as he is losing his hearing very badly." He's building a bigger and meaner HT... ; )

If I had the mullah, I'd gladly drive 8 hours to pick them up. I drove 4 hours just to pickup an rc64....

Post some picks when you have it all lined up...would love to seem them... : )

Scrappy this is going to be insane bro. glad you and RH are at this point it will be an incredible leap over the ultras and refrence series. Wouldn’t it be neat to have 2 of those KTP-884s and integrate the 4 sealed subs for both slam and depth good lord I can’t even wrap my head around 6 subs for all different reasons. You are on your way to greatness my friend. Going to be hone hell of a weekend for you two. These could possibly be the last speakers you buy for a home theater unless you move into a Cineplex. I did my part and kept my lips sealed haha. RH spilled the beans shame on him. You two will be “a god among insects” on this forum ~ Magneto/Xmen 2. Look like after these are in your home next up would be higher powered amps for all of them

I wonder how you will set this system up with 3 KPT-904s and dual 15” Lf drivers in each powered by some serious monaural amps you xo and sub needs may be changing those are some incredible speakers and specs. I can’t remember what size screen you have but you may be going bigger to encompass them on a midsize screen. I think you have around a 125” if I remember correctly