out with the old dream theater and in with the new.... Full front pic added

Scrappydue

OK UPDATE: I LOVE THESE THINGS!! they are just fantastic in every aspect! my favorite thing about them by far is their ability to have that very large full sound at low volumes. i always tell people when i watch downstairs i watch loud because that is what i go down there for. not that that is a lie, however louder always sounds better. but what i am finding with these is they maintain the same sound even at low volumes.

We've been having baby steps and now Houston, we have lift off!

Probably fair to start the conclusion process that there is a new convert in the world.

:emotion-21:

Room looks great Steven. I wonder if the frame of your screen causes some funky reflections of your side speakers. Might not make any difference at all.

i didn't notice before. Unless I go wider 2.35 there is no way around it. And I hate to build a new screen and then move and want a bigger one.

• Moderators
i didn't notice before. Unless I go wider 2.35 there is no way around it. And I hate to build a new screen and then move and want a bigger one.

Yeah, I wouldn't change it, I was just wondering if the frame might interfere with the sound.

Challenge: Let's see a picture of you planking on the horizontal board of your screen frame... The gauntlet hath been dropped!

dont know if i could swing that one!

2x4 on its side?

Edited by Scrappydue

Room looks great Steven. I wonder if the frame of your screen causes some funky reflections of your side speakers. Might not make any difference at all.

If you build a new one... I would make it the whole wall and then mask it to size with curtains or something acoustically transparent as possible.

• Moderators
hey all i have finally settled everything in now. here are a few pics of the front now.

Looking at that, the 2x4 frame, cloth, screen, or much else is going to stop the sound, hope that stuff don't flap in the breeze :o

Looks serious, Congratulations, even people who love large speakers and great sound would look at that pic and say, yep that should do it ! :D

Any noise bleed upstairs? ;-) Congrats - that's an awesome set up! I enjoy your reviews and look forward to more.

HA! My house sounds like it's rattling apart at reference. Pretty sure there is noise bleed a few houses down.
  • Like 1

She has say down a few times for demo but last night we say down and watched a whole movie. She likes them. Also thinks they are the best sounding ones I've had yet. She also thinks I won't have them for more than a year lol. I told her that when we move if the room is bigger I'd like to try the 402 horns. But only time will tell. She could care less how they look as we both prefer the look of the false wall with everything hidden.