I burned both tweeters of RF7 MkII

Hi .

Both tweeters of my dear RF7MkII are died.

I was listening AC/DC at mid/ high volume with my power amp ML

I do not understand how to remove the tractrix horn, I see no screws to remove. Can you help me, I'm desperate: (

Thank in advance

Edited by Kevin Garret

I guess we should tell all new people to get an amp 250-1000 watts. It seem they are really testing the limits of the speaker, llol. Welcome to the forum Kevin. Which avr were you using and how loud on the gain knob did you go?

Edited by derrickdj1
  • Like 1

I guess we should tell all new people to get an amp 250-1000 watts. It seem they are really testing the limits of the speaker, llol. Welcome to the forum Kevin. Which avr were you using and how loud on the gain knob did you go?

Here is a link to the specs on his Amp: http://www.stereophile.com/content/mark-levinson-no235-power-amplifier-specifications and as with the other guy who seems to be having tweeter problems, I don't think it lies with this amp or the other guys AVR...

Hi,

My power amp is Mark Levinson No.23.5,

I do not understand what happened. the volume was more or less around 70/80 watts per channel.

The power amp work perfectly,no DC current or distortion

Welcome to the forum Kevin--I would think if your Amp blew out both tweeters it would've been extremely noticeable when it happened...AC/DC would do it but I would think ti would have to be SCREEMING LOUD as not to be enjoyable...That said, sorry I don't have any answers and Good luck

Guest Steven1963

Well, sorry to hear about your troubles. But if you're going to blow your speakers, I can't think of to many other bands that I would want to have playing loud when they gave up. Listening to AC/DC's Back in Black as I type this.

I am not familiar with those speakers so I won't be much help, wish I could though. Good luck to you, friend.

Edited by Steven1963

Guest Steven1963

Just a thought, but maybe you could google the tweeter part # for those speakers and go to images and see if it would give you a clue as to how they are mounted on the inside?

I wrote klipsch RF 7 MkIiI tweeter, K-701-G on Google,but no pictures,no how disassemble the horn.

I have RF7 ,RF7 MkII,Cornwall III and La Scala,but only RF7MkIi have this issue.

I used of 70/80 watt,no more,the amplifier is ok,i tested and no DC output or other problems.

I repeated the test with first version of RF7 and no problem,

My first problem is how disassemble the horn ,in this moment.

Edited by Kevin Garret

There's no error, I saw what you posted Derrick, and I happen to have a very good Memory. :P

So are you going to help Kevin out with his tweeter removal problem, or are you just going to sit around and listen to show tunes while this poor guy suffers? Kevin, I have no idea how to remove your tweeter, but all of here on this board feel your pain, blowing out two tweeters. Ouch!

For Derrick:

Edited by wvu80

Back on topic: Kevin, have you removed the top woofer yet to look inside? That might help you figure out what is going on with the tweeter.

If nobody here has had that experience, try the Klipsch Owners Discussion Board on AVS. Maybe there is a somebody who has worked with that kind of problem before.

Edited by wvu80