These are crossovers from a Klipsch Clone I just purchased

I just purchased the beginning of a ca 70's Klipsch clone project on Craigslist. This is a photo of the crossover in the deal. Look familiar? Which one is it? From the reading I've done, and I'm just beginning, there are many different crossovers in the rather extended history of the Cornwall. I haven't run into any that look like this one...yet.

Help.

Specific questions: Do you Klipsch people recognize this crossover?

If you do, does it look original or has it been someones "mad acoustic-scientist" project at some time?

post-55841-0-06760000-1399956488_thumb.j

Edited by Redpackman

welcome to the forum

I don't think those are Klipsch made networks. those white resistors tell many things. I think klipsch was using T2A autotransformer in that time. those inductors side by side placement is also problematic. maybe that's a teenager school handcraft

Edited by Arash

lol -- I don't even want to think about what those things might cost, and I would definitely NOT be tossing them off to the side and buying something else without first learning everything there is to know about them. Knowing the value of the capacitors and inductors would be a good start.

The resistors are puzzling, not because they're there, but because of their low quality relative to what else is on the board.

Edited by DeanG

I just purchased the beginning of a ca 70's Cornwall project on Craigslist. This is a photo of the crossover in the deal. Look familiar? Which one is it? From the reading I've done, and I'm just beginning, there are many different crossovers in the rather extended history of the Cornwall. I haven't run into any that look like this one...yet.

Help.

Specific questions: Do you Klipsch people recognize this crossover?

If you do, does it look original or has it been someones "mad acoustic-scientist" project at some time?

Click on deans name and you will see a "send message" tag.....Do IT.

Sorry for the false alarm, friends. This is a Klipsch-like clone by Beta. It's a very nice cabinet and some good drivers, but not Klipsch Cornwall or otherwise.

So anyone know anything about Beta, or is that name and the concept forbidden territory on this site?

You're funny Michael.

Just did a quick search on "Beta" brand, and now I'm wondering if the seller meant "beta" in the more traditional sense of the word.

The more we all know about the cabinet, drivers and horns, the more helpful we can be.

The crossovers should go to Bob since he can do more extensive analysis than I can. OTOH, Bob might throw those capacitors away, what to do, what to do.

From what I know, these were produced by Beta Sound Incorporated. Obviously inspired by Klipsch products - Heresy - Cornwall etc. I'll try to attach some pictures too. The woofers are 12". The mid and tweet are meant to be the same as the K-55 and K-77. As you can see, I have the mid horns but not the driver (the horns are stamped "BETA" on them and appear to be metal), I have no horns or drivers for the tweet.

The crossover is as pictured too and doesn't work. I'm going to check out the caps. With the resistors it looks like someone's "Rube Goldberg" project, but I'm told the other components there look to be pretty good quality.

Any help is appreciated.

post-55841-0-84800000-1400026873_thumb.j

post-55841-0-41040000-1400026893_thumb.j

post-55841-0-87800000-1400026903_thumb.j

post-55841-0-84760000-1400026922_thumb.j

post-55841-0-17200000-1400030630_thumb.j