FS: Peach with the SuperDuperTube Mod by Mark D.

eth2

OK. I have gotten several PM's/emails in the past few minutes.
This was a joke based on Mark's post in the Merlin/Tercel thread. (See Below)

Yes, I have put the first final one in Earl's old Peach, after experimenting around on my BBX. It's a BIG improvement in linearity and adds a bit of punch or dynamics that is noticeable. The original Peach was a great circuit because I got an open, juicy, wet, explosive sound with no feedback while keeping the triode distortion to very acceptable levels without resorting to feedback. The new JMA Maxim mods greatly improves the linearity of the circuit (reduces distortion) and again without resorting to the deadening quality of feedback. It finally extracts the FULL POTENTIAL from the 6H30 Super Tube. Maybe in honor to Dean, I should call it the SuperDuperTube? If your Peach only had the regular old 6H30 circuit, it will really come alive with the Maxim Mod.

Edited by eth2

Had to take it in the shorts and sell the Peach w/mod for only $6,000.

I do have another that I am selling for a friend at 6k to 7k. ('Cept you Shu!!! ($9,500 firm).

Never thought he would sell this one, but he is moving to a smaller audio cabinet and needs the space. You will never find one in this condition. It did have a slight bump*, but it is an easy fix. If anyone else is interested, let me know and we can arrange a suitable meeting place for exchange. Cash only,

*dropped from a third story balcony (but not to worry - it landed in soft water).

Edited by eth2

There was a nice synergy between your preamps, Craig's VRDs and my networks. Seems like forever ago.

I've been going over my old lab notebooks......2003 and 2004! Holy Cow! Time really has been flying by. Earl sent me a BlueBerry last week and when I opened it, it looked like it had never been turned on. Mint condition from the very early ones with the Blue/Gold front panel. Absolutely time capsule lovely. I feel like I am taking a '57 Chevy and putting a Lingenfelter in it.

I think he got that from Mike (USNRET). He takes very good care of his gear.