The anonymous thread bump.

CECAA850

Love it or hate it?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Keep it or gret rid of it?

• Best thing since sliced bread
    • I want to throw a brick at my monitor when someone does it

If someone has a reason to want to remain anonymous, I guess I really don't care.

If threads can not be posted in or started in anonymity why should they be bumped that way?

'Cause, ya' big fat head! (Please keep the author of this reply anonymous)

• Like 1

Didn't we just have this thread on the topic?

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/150092-whats-with-the-old-threads-showing-up/

I want to know who the "5 anonymous users" are? Are they logging in to stalk or hide or what?

88 users are online (in the past 15 minutes)

21 members, 62 guests, 5 anonymous users

Being relatively new, I have learned a great deal from threads posted as many 5 to 7 years ago. Therefore, locking threads more than one year old would not be my preferred resolution as there are times when new opinions are expressed or new options come to light.

I'm still learning a great deal daily and find some of them useful, acknowledging that I don't find all useful, but I suspect that others might.

Lastly, I have no preference as to anonymous vs. signed bumps. If someone has a reason to want to remain anonymous, I guess I really don't care.

Agreed and also being ambivalent to the issue is the main reason why I brought up the "anonymous users" function. A person can have their reasons, just like the users of the "anonymous users" function, and they don't seem to be inflicting harm on anyone and I suspect possibly helping others. :cool:

Of course, maybe it is inflicting harm as some seem to be developing symptoms of angst, inner torment, fear, etc. and may be about ready to have a coranary. :unsure:

On the other hand, bumping is a great reason to pad the post count and there are many great jpg & gif files to use. :emotion-14:

I'm surprised Boxx didn't already use one of the below (I'm sure you can guess which).

post-36163-0-39780000-1401824642_thumb.p

post-36163-0-10740000-1401824765_thumb.p

post-36163-0-89580000-1401824789_thumb.j

post-36163-0-53460000-1401824810_thumb.j

post-36163-0-53860000-1401825022_thumb.j

post-36163-0-17300000-1401826284_thumb.p

post-36163-0-27940000-1401826432_thumb.j

post-36163-0-43940000-1401826488_thumb.j

Edited by Fjd
  • Like 2

Or he can lock those over a year old, or so...

I'd hate to see this happen. Reason being is that I have stumbled onto info over 5 years old that have been an interesting read, then it revived with some interesting updates

Or he can lock those over a year old, or so...

I'd hate to see this happen. Reason being is that I have stumbled onto info over 5 years old that have been an interesting read, then it revived with some interesting updates

That's true.... Let's be careful what we ask for....

• Like 1

99.85% of the time I bump with a comment.

Getting a newbie asking a question when we have a very good thread coverage on the subject is the only time Iv bump it.

Mainly because the ansers in the thread are far better/usfull than I could come with. some of you guys are indeed experts.

This sounds OK, and the right way to do it. OK for anyone to bump, I just would like to see who wants it bumped, and why.

It is the anonymous bump I don't like. If there is a bump and a comment on why it was bumped, or if it addresses a current topic, as a newbie I certainly don't mind reading archival treasure I would not normally have known about.

So my vote was to remove the anonymous bump as a forum option. Just a suggestion.

+++

Edit: Anonymous forum users are OK as well. A person has a right to sign in that way.

Edited by wvu80