1st step: admitting you have a problem

Cosmic_surfer

You guys are scaring me for what may lie ahead. I bought my original RF-7 system in 2003 and joined the forum. Disappeared from the forum, enjoyed my system and lived a normal life for about a decade. Then this March I happened to see some Forte's at a bargain on CL, and now I am addicted. I thought maybe Cornscala's may be the end of the journey, but eth2 has me worried. 1000 miles?? I thought 150 round trip and 4 hours was a bit much last night.

• Moderators
Is it bad to collect speakers?

I figure I could be doing a lot worse things in this world.

You guys are scaring me for what may lie ahead.

Be afraid....be VERY afraid!!!

I bought my original RF-7 system in 2003 and joined the forum.

Your first mistake

Disappeared from the forum

Best financial decision you could make

I thought 150 round trip and 4 hours was a bit much last night.

Lots of guys have me beat on mileage. Mine was three separate 3hr roundtrip to obtain (4) RF-7ii, (4) RS-62ii, (2) RB-81ii and an RC-64ii. But I would do it again tomorrow.

• Moderators

Nothing wrong with collecting more speakers, you physically run out of space and rooms, so there is a limit.

Really compared to other hobby's like photography, boats, cars, motorcycles and many others, unless you go with expensive electronics, which some have, it is not a terribly expensive hobby considering how long everything can last and hours used.

Just think you could not change anything and unless something breaks you can listen the rest of your life for the cost of electricity.

I don't see a problem

Edited by dtel

• Moderators
Really compared to other hobby's like photography,

What happens when you are into Audio AND Photography? LOL

One thing that really helps me is I'm super patient and tend to wait for REALLY good deals. That way, if I ever choose to sell, I don't end up losing money on the upgrade.

UH, Audio, photography, metalworking, blacksmithing, woodworking, cooking (only commercial appliances will do) coffee and espresso (ditto the commercial stuff), BBQ competition, aviation and the list goes on.

My parents say I take up the most expensive hobby I can find, buy all the stuff then move on to something else. Sorry to say, it is more true than not! I do practice the "core" hobbies more than the others.

This place puts out a trash can fire with gasoline when it comes to speakers. I started with a question of Fort'e 1s and now added to them are quartets, cornwall 2s, Khorns, Heresy 1 and 2, quintets some odds and ends and more of other gear. RUN AWAY while you can but I suspect it is too late LOL! :D

• Like 2

Wrong color but here are a pair of RSX-5 for $40 - Link

These were just posted yesterday for $120 - Link

$150 - Link

Well I am curious if any of the fellow klipsch forum members live close to Philadelphia, i messaged the guy last night and this morning, but have yet to get a reply. If a fellow member could ****** them up and ship them, perhaps I may get them. Craigslist users are so finicky with non-local buyers it is so strange, think they would have never heard of ebay...

Oh I will someday scratch scrappys professional itch myself... And also do a heritage setup... The list goes on and on... Palladium would be nice... Good god, I don't know what to do... Is it bad to collect speakers?

Yes, it is bad to collect speakers. I would NEVER do it!

• Like 2

• Moderators

Oh yea, like the last two posters should be giving advice about collecting speakers. :o:P Unless your looking to collect them, then your in good hands :emotion-21:

Anybody ask me about my systems constant upgrade(s) I just tell-em I have an on-line therpy forum.

That therapy forum is backfiring, as your neighbors will soon find out.

• Like 1

I can't believe you guys actually keep track! I have sold and bought so many speakers and gear that I lost count. My first buy for resale is when I should have stopped. A mint pair of Cornwall Decorator and a mint pair of JBL 4333a. Total was $1600. I should have stopped there. I already had a pair of walnut Belles in the living room. I still regret selling those JBL's....