New Klipsch REFERENCE Speakers (link)

Sancho Panza

rf3 and 5 are good til you get bigger imo...iv never owned either of the rf3 or 5 but have heard them locally on multiple amps...its down to anything small or in a store just don't do the job after going big klipsch. It amazes me the rf5 can still be bought new for about $1k.

I struggled to sell my RF-5 for $425. 

rf5 can still be bought new for about $1k.

Where can you buy RF-5's new?

LOL locally last I knew classic stereo had the rf5's in stock room...

Its been about a year since I was in there(fiancé says I piss them off) but they had them

Comparing the rf5 to new paradigm of the same size I see them they are pretty close in sound. Honestly though id have to pass on anything new.

I just sold some paradigm speakers id been hording for a while yesterday. I did pretty good but lost about 40% what I had in everything. All like new in box. Glad its gone though. Really didn't see any reason to put them in storage or keeping. Vintage stuff or pro gear just does so well reproducing sound

Haha.  Not sure about that.  I slept pretty good even before I had a HT.

Ah ha...so when you built the ht you were so exited you couldn't sleep. I believe we're about the same age...I figure in time the excitement will calm down a bit :P

1 thing I know is I sleep content with the setup and gear I have

. I believe we're about the same age

I just turned 39 yesterday. 

I figure in time the excitement will calm down a bit :P

Nah.....

Im pretty sure im 37 and hahahaahhaa yeah...your right, the excitement never ends very possibly :o  :D  :)

I just turned 39 yesterday.

Well then Happy Belated Birthday.

The RF-5s where the speaker that turned me to Klipsch, then yes when I heard Cornwalls and Heresies.  I knew what I wanted, the RF-5's where approx 600.00 a piece new.  I picked up my dads for 550.00 used.  I would have purchased yours if I the case for 425.00, I use to have the RC-52, it too was a great center. 

I got 700 when I sold my 5's the first time in Phoenix around 2011 and I rebought a pair over 2 years later for 250 from a guy who used to intern at klipsch a bunch of years ago.

The 5's work well in a smaller environment where you have corners to help radiate the bass. They have a deep low end that's tight but not punchy like the first gen 7's. By that I mean when you turn up the EQ for the lower end on the 7's. That yields tight punch low end. For a while I hated the 7's because out of the box the low end sucks. These do well in larger rooms and rock with good corners. Half the time I think my subs are on and they arent.

At the moment I am blissfully ignorant and know only what I know which is helping keep money in my pocket :)

• Like 1