New Klipsch REFERENCE Speakers (link)

Sancho Panza

Where does that model fall within the new reference series subs? I have subwoofer money burning a hole in my pocket but I am going to need something a lot further up the line..

I have a line on another cherry Revel B15 subwoofer so if that materializes, my SVS SB13 Plus may be on the market.  Not because I don't love the SVS, but the chance to own a total of $6600.00 worth of Revel B15's(2) for less than $1200.00 is pretty intriguing.

Ooops, we are talking Klipsch subs aren't we? :blush2:

Bill

Edited by willland

Ouch! .....ok....that was a bit funny.  :D  No complaints from my Dual RSW-15's.  Best subs I have ever owned so far.

Fwiw, the RSW-15s have a solid reputation of being excellent subs---It was even rated as #2 on t Tom Nousaine's list when it came out but see that it's number 6  in it's current form (unfortunately last form because tom passed away):: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvieXs2IbzIfdFB1dVFtLW5HeF9yb1o2TjIyU2F1Unc&hl=en_US#gid=0

I am curious what Klipsch is going to offer at CEDIA, but I bet fans of the RF-3 (I or II) RF-5, and RF-82 (I or II) would be hard pressed to differentiate those speakers in a blind listening test...

i heard that Klipsch would not be at cedia from a member that was attending
  • Like 1

Dalumberjack,

Welcome to the forum.

So still no word on the Reference III line that is supposed to be revealed eventuallty ?

I hope they don't call it Reference III, since there has already been a Reference III(RF-35, RF-25, RF-15, RB-35, RB-25, RB-15, etc.).

Bill

Edited by willland

First of the year.

Ouch. I was hoping Klipsch was just shooting long to cover bases. But it looks like they weren't lying to us. I was waiting until Cedia to see if they launched their new lines, but since it doesn't look like it will happen this weekend, I think I personally have to move on to another brand. Definitely still love Klipsch though. Maybe next time.

First of the year.

:(

I too was hoping for an earlier release as one of my drivers in my klf-30 cabinet was damaged (along with the cabinet) during our move into our new home. I refinished and glued the cabinet, just have to order the driver. I was going to use this even as an excuse with the wife to get the new klipsch speakers, which I still hope are a three way design.

Guess I'll wait. I listened to the studio 100 and just couldn't see spending all that money for what sounded like not a big difference in sound quality from my klf's. Hope these new klipsch hit a home run.

Bill, the next time you head to Tampa, lemme know.  Would love to have you over for a demo of the LaScala Trio & Dual RSW-15's. 

We have inventory in Tampa on the 19th but I will not be driving myself.  Though we will be stopping off at Carrabba's for dinner in Plant City.  

I bet if you play it loud enough with the LaScala trio around 5:30pm, I will be able to hear it during dinner. :emotion-21:  ;)  :D

Bill

Edited by willland

Your friends are welcome to come as well.

Oh I know that but they most likely will want to get back home considering we all would have been at work since 4:00am.  I will definitely bring up the idea to them.  You know I am all in for the LaScala trio demo.

I will start my convincing on Monday.  Maybe by Friday I will have pestered them enough for them to agree to it. :D

Bill