Queries about lower end models

Thejtl

Honestly, its easier for me get stuff at bb without pissing off my wife.

But I ran the gauntlet and got her to release the credit card. I bought the rf-82iis from ASD.

She's not speaking to me now, but they're on the way.

It's tough because she has no expensive habits. She doesn't buy clothes or shoes or accessories. She doesn't care what she drives.

So, she hates living with me, but we've been together for 22 years.

• Like 1

But I ran the gauntlet and got her to release the credit card. I bought the rf-82iis from ASD.

It's tough because she has no expensive habits. She doesn't buy clothes or shoes or accessories. She doesn't care what she drives.

Ha sounds like a great wife :).

The rf-82ii are really nice speakers. You made a great choice sir.

Now save up and get the rc62ii and your front 3 will be set :)

Guest Steven1963

Here is what I did to get my used Klipschorns for $2500: I told my wife that these aren't just speakers, they are fine pieces of art and an investment. I told her "brand new 1972 Klipschorns sold for less money than they do now." Now I don't know if that is actually true but it's not much of a stretch if it isn't true. I went on to tell her that she shouldn't look at it as if I am buying expensive speakers, but that I am simply transferring dollars into speakers that we will enjoy for years to come and then when we are ready we can convert the speakers back into dollars and probably still come out the same (adjusting for inflation) - that in fact I am not spending the money I am simply converting it into something else. It worked.

Now, after she has been listening to them for a while she tells me I can never sell them :):):) .

I'm a marketing genius. :ph34r:

• Like 3

Guest Steven1963

Indeed you are Steven. Did you used to work for BOSE? Lol

Not even I could make up lines (that I could stomach) to sell that crap.

So, what are thoughts about 8" vs. 6.5"? I'm really liking these 6.5s but have never had 8" in my living room.

In many applications especially with the use of a powered subwoofer I prefer a 6 1/2" driver to and 8". I actually find a 5-5 1/4" driver more than ample and blend very well with the use of a 10" powered subwoofer/s..for an average sized room and audio setup correctly.

I have to mention variables that i find that go with the dynamics of a 6.5" driver along with a powered subwoofer. The separation of the difference in frequency of sound using a 6.5" driver/s with the powered sub/s sound more emotional, dramatic(meaning smooth) in a sense that they are equally far apart in frequency the tweeter to the mid as the mid to the sub in 2way bookshelves as well as floorstanders.

When using 2 channel stereo I would lean towards an 8 or possibly a 10 or larger depending on taste and accustomed use of noise....With 2.1 or 2.2 stereo with subwoofer/subwoofers I then find an 8" easy to use or tune although most situations with a powered sub i have found a 6" to be just fine in harmony and preferred in my experience.

My comment is only my opinion. I will again and have absolutely adored sound also with the use of an 8" driver to dual even with use of a powered sub or 2.

With a bit of work by turning some nobs and adjusting the harmonics of a receiver with a good speaker to work with satisfaction can be developed for use through a very long period of time.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Join the club. This is the wrong place to hang out. LOL.

Here is what has worked for me. My wife says, "I would like to buy a $300 Coach purse". I personally think that's ridiculous but my response is, "Yeah, that would look great on you." It makes it MUCH easier the next time I want to buy something she deems is "ridiculous". YMMV ;)

Believe it or not, even though I get a killer employee discount, I still have a hard time convincing my wife it's a good idea to upgrade our A/V. I'm lucky however that she's not into that crazy coach purse racket or anything of the sort. In fact, she is almost as much of a cheapskate as I am. (she says I've got expensive taste but I'm disagree). Nobody is immune!

Congrats on the purchase, dude! Excellent choice.

I need to read more thoroughly(i missed your post. My 2 choice reference would be rf83 then an rf82ii over the rest of the reference floorstanding fleet personally over both the rf7&7ii, just my opinion and strong one at that. Cheers on your great choice. Youll be on cloud 9!

I lost my exwife through an audio addiction(Audio collecting/collection was a large part, speakers just made me happy...). It didnt matter if the speakers id be getting were free or i was even paid to take them off someones hands. I guess it was like a true drug addiction. May not had been every day although it was darn near every day i had to buy speakers...speakers most of all and audio as a whole has been a drive of mine since i was 10...i just loved speakers...

Anyhow now with my finding certain klipsch models that fit my taste my current very understanding Fiance of 3 years through so much support sure she had hit a point of too much including her very own all hand picked nib 5.1(separates not theater in a box) setup. . .( i tried building my ex whatever system she wanted, and stepson had a nice ss setup at age 8, my own daughter wanted nothing audio(she still dont)ex wife was more a pc-tech junky a-z). . . Ends up now my fiance uses her headphones very often(on second pair of the same audio technicas that fit her head and taste for sound)..... but i have to admit she is a real champ hanging in there with me from countless purchases and trips that were mostly all built around buying or something to do with audio...

Now with being very satisfied with what i have audio wise and even before from my fiance' growing dress and shoe collection to jewelery I really find happiness in buying her whatever she wants...I collect cash only jewlery purchases now as well and always have although as mentioned about by Chad( i bet he has a secret bunker with the new palladium series ii prototype ) and especially Youthman the trade off is an art to obtaining the audio we want and many feel need. Klipsch is very addictive because they are really so good. They are like a harly davidson or vintage sportcars, gold or some a very good stock or bond...klipsch are very good investments. Klipsch is truly second to none. All my life my audio addiction raising and dipping I could not get enough. Once i found klipsch...1st in 1996(when i was car audio crazy...car audio is nothing to me any longer), im 37 and really until only a few years ago did i really understand...every other speaker was useless when finding what works best. Klipsch makes noise so much fun. Owning klipsch helps me sleep. Having insurance on my gear as well as security in my home and neighborhood(for the sake of my speakers none other than klipsch) helps me sleep very well, in shifts of coarse.

Klipsch are not only great to listen to they are also so fun to look at....The fact i have my klipsch and i know they are safe(i have been robbed)I feel so secure no matter how messed up i make my life lol

Bottom line regardless...once you get the klipsch speakers that fit you the best is material. The noise you put through them. It is not the speakers one bit. Just get ya some klipsch then dig in sit back and relax and enjoy the material you chose for you soul to be delivered by klipsch and no other.

Material, material, material...get things(audio gear) setup correctly and listen to the quality noise in the material you want to examine...and to examine that material with klipsch it is so easy. Its fun. And with klipsch it is so easy/simple. Cheers to op and all!!

• Like 1

When using 2 channel stereo I would lean towards an 8 or possibly a 10 or larger depending on taste and accustomed use of noise....With 2.1 or 2.2 stereo with subwoofer/subwoofers I then find an 8" easy to use or tune although most situations with a powered sub i have found a 6" to be just fine in harmony and preferred in my experience.

I am with you on this. Just moved my RSW-10d into the living room with my RB-75's and I am totally pleased how easy it was to integrate the two. The 75's have plenty of bass on their own(audible at 45Hz) but just wanted to see if I could squeeze out another octave from the RSW-10d(audible at 25Hz). Nothing fancy going on here just RCA's from from preouts of 640A V2 integrated to RSW-10d with low pass set at 50Hz.. No frequency cancellations or boominess to detect, just one smooth transition.

If I did not know it, I would have thought I moved my RF-63's into the living room. ;):)

Bill

post-24680-0-61340000-1406979501_thumb.j

post-24680-0-02460000-1406979518_thumb.j

Sorry about the wife thing. Hope you can tell her the health benefits that go on too, with listening to music.

She must have some music or movies she would enjoy with your setup once complete. Cannot argue with

forums' choices though. Has to sound good so, hope you can enjoy.

And yes, the investment angle is a good one.

I am with you on this. Just moved my RSW-10d into the living room with my RB-75's and I am totally pleased how easy it was to integrate the two. The 75's have plenty of bass on their own(audible at 45Hz) but just wanted to see if I could squeeze out another octave from the RSW-10d(audible at 25Hz). Nothing fancy going on here just RCA's from from preouts of 640A V2 integrated to RSW-10d with low pass set at 50Hz.. No frequency cancellations or boominess to detect, just one smooth transition.

If I did not know it, I would have thought I moved my RF-63's into the living room. ;):)

Bill

Seems i use to be able to get used to listening to about anything although for many years i could not get the highs the way they were when i heard recordings live. Its basically anything klipsch has been good to me. paradigm were ok as were many others but there were spots in material that sounded like a fart. im serious and not trying to be tacky thats just my experience. From Focal yes focal martin L tannoy, B&W, velodyne, dynalab into jbl, mirage ar boston acous and sure bose and so so many more...i just find klipsch even if distorted to provide all frequency that work well in harmony highs most of all klipsch brought them home to me and had good mids and mostly lows i could deal with although for my taste sometimes lacking yet always adjustable with power, equipment and ultimately finding a sub is very much so needed to fulfill what recordings were meant to sound like.

Sorry about the wife thing. Hope you can tell her the health benefits that go on too, with listening to music.

She must have some music or movies she would enjoy with your setup once complete. Cannot argue with

forums' choices though. Has to sound good so, hope you can enjoy.

And yes, the investment angle is a good one.

Yes this can be a tough valley to avoid in a humanoid cohabited relationship. Sometimes that first time breaks the door open to allow a choice that a man wants and gets what is also needed. My music room doubles as my therapy room. I truly cannot live without it. Blessings to you and yours OP. As long as you have food and bills are paid enjoy what you buy. Good audio is better than a bar and drinking and get home every night at 2am...all will be well

• Like 1

Good audio is better than a bar and drinking and get home every night at 2am..

Yes, I have used that with my wife before. There are a lot of things I could get involved in that are far worse than audio. :D

I've been there too, accept it was often 4 or 5 am. I had a problem. This is better, but it comes from the same problem.

Join the club. This is the wrong place to hang out. LOL.

Here is what has worked for me. My wife says, "I would like to buy a $300 Coach purse". I personally think that's ridiculous but my response is, "Yeah, that would look great on you." It makes it MUCH easier the next time I want to buy something she deems is "ridiculous". YMMV ;)

Believe it or not, even though I get a killer employee discount, I still have a hard time convincing my wife it's a good idea to upgrade our A/V. I'm lucky however that she's not into that crazy coach purse racket or anything of the sort. In fact, she is almost as much of a cheapskate as I am. (she says I've got expensive taste but I'm disagree). Nobody is immune!

Tell me more about this employee discount... What would a palladium 93 setup run with said discount? Hehe