Received open RF-7ii

Ruslan35

Hello Forum,

Long time reader first time poster. I ordered 2 RF-7 IIs from klipsch.com and once received one of the boxes was clearly open before. Plastic wrap was all messed up, carpet nails were out of the bag and loose in the box. I wanted to see if anyone else had the same issue? The speaker seems to be ok. I just don't feel very easy about getting a possible used speaker or a return.

Thanks!

First of all a big congratulations on a great purchase and welcome to the forum. You just got yourself a little piece of heaven is all i can say!

Use the contact that you bought them from and run the question by them. This can be tossed around the forum a bit and there are are variety of answers you may receive and surely more will chime in with possible leads to what may be with the description that you have with your purchase and understandable at that. Fact is the best way to get the best answer is contact klipsch directly to avoid exemplary comments on the situation.

In the end resort back to the klipsch forum if you are not pleased ultimately with the results of the purchase and the forum will help lead you in the correct direction.

If the cabinet and drivers appear good(actually new) then im sure the one with the weird box is fine if not then make an exchange with kipsch. Best of times to you.

I wouldn't say that I would be thrilled if I was in your shoes but if the speakers have sequential serial numbers and were in perfect condition, I would just keep them and enjoy audio bliss.

I might shoot Klipsch an email or call them and make them aware of the situation.

I'd probably contact them just to be sure. I remember when I bought my RF-3 II's the serials weren't consecutive on them that torqued me a bit (they were 2019 and 2022), but both sound great and were in good shape, so I let it go. Had to put the heat on the retailer a bit though.

Checked the serial numbers and they were sequential.

I know reference ii line is in its 5th generation. Is there a way to figure out by the serial # what generation these RF-7 ii are? I think they are brand new, but just want to cover all the basis.

Thanks

Hello Forum,

Long time reader first time poster. I ordered 2 RF-7 IIs from klipsch.com and once received one of the boxes was clearly open before. Plastic wrap was all messed up, carpet nails were out of the bag and loose in the box. I wanted to see if anyone else had the same issue? The speaker seems to be ok. I just don't feel very easy about getting a possible used speaker or a return.

Thanks!

Did you buy these direct from Klipsch or from one of their authorized dealers?

Either way, contact who you bought them from and share your findings. If all intact and in "new" condition, all is good and enjoy. If any concerns at all, express that and maybe a little $$$ will be offered as a refund.

Bill

hen the replacement will not have sequential serial number obviously. Is there a reason why you want sequential serial numbers other than a "cool" factor?

In most cases, sequential serial numbers benefit only the wood veneer models of Klipsch speakers. The veneers are book matched for color and wood grain pattern.

Bill

Got it! Called Customer Service, they are replacing the open-box speaker. Provided a pre-paid label. All is good.

Thank you all!

That is good news but is there anything wrong with the speaker? Cosmetically or functionality? If not, I would just ask for a little $$$ to be shaved off the purchase price. Klipsch does have a 5 year warranty when purchased from an authorized dealer.

Bill

So, if they replace just one speaker as being defective. Then the replacement will not have sequential serial number obviously. Is there a reason why you want sequential serial numbers other than a "cool" factor?

Thanks.

OH NO ! They'll be worth THOUSANDS & THOUSANDS less when you go to resell.

Keith

Calm down, these are lifetime speakers. Klipsch does not skimp on the reference series (at least not in the areas that "used" will affect anything). It is highly probable I will never buy new speakers, as the used market can offer the same stuff for fractions of SMRP sillyness.

Got it! Called Customer Service, they are replacing the open-box speaker. Provided a pre-paid label. All is good.

Thank you all!

That is good news but is there anything wrong with the speaker? Cosmetically or functionality? If not, I would just ask for a little $$$ to be shaved off the purchase price. Klipsch does have a 5 year warranty when purchased from an authorized dealer.

Bill

Bill,

They look new and smell new ;). Never the less, I want brand new and that is what I should have.

• Like 2