Old-school speaker connection wall plate?

Chad

• Administrators

Anyone seen anything like this? I pulled this off our living room wall. The wires inside were connected, so I cut them. There was only this one wall plate, and I have no idea where each pair of wires end up. Looks to be some sort of old TV audio wall plate? Or maybe antenna?

ed63957583d54ac4217f92443a1608f1.jpg
332f10f0da501593df029d29a829099f.jpg
a399777825a20bddd28f43ed20091804.jpg

Yep, old school antenna, back when TV was three channels.

That's pretty funny...

similar wall plates but used 1/4" jacks. All still there and being used.

The 1/4 inch jacks really aren't good for connecting speakers, even though they've been used for that a long time. The point of contact is very small, and unless you have the locking kind, can get pulled out way to easily.

Bruce

Edited by Marvel
  • Like 1

We actually have a new antennae rotator still in the box we got after being hit by lightening 30+ years ago. Never dared to put it up because having your home hit by lightening is something you do not want repeated. I'll bet the wall plates like this one are in the box also. We lost a lot of things all those years ago including one very large tree.

Honestly have never had one problem with the 1/4" plugs they get pulled cleaned (with DeoxIT G5 tuner cleaner) regularly and also kept tight. Very hard to justify changing over, not to mention all the custom made cables.

The large tree was a pine we wanted all the pines gone anyway and now they are.

We also lost a beautiful major Oak tree out back a few years ago, it went down between a new garage and a flowering crab tree. Luckily it only peeled 3 feet of singles off the roof from the ridge to eaves but the flowering crab had one side ripped off. That alone was bad enough but the Oak also had the wifes swing she always loved and is now gone.

The good from it all is the back yard is more open and we added to the garden space.