Anyone Tried These Before?

willland

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/netgearxavb1601/netgear-powerline-200mbps-passthru-nano-adapter/1.html#!more

Even though my wireless connection works pretty well most of the time, I do have trouble with dropouts with my Integra DTM-40.4 network receiver in my bedroom.  It sits about 60ft of zig zag(and three walls) away from my wireless router.

6893.Jpg

Edited by willland

While I'm not a super fan of Apple products, I have two Airport Extremes in my house, one at each end, ties together with some CAT5. THe one in the TV room is connected to the cable modem. I have great coverage throughout the house. Most stuff connects to the wired ports, but we can use tablets and phones on the wireless with no problems.

EDIT: I'd get the NetGear before I would spring for the TRENDNet.

Edited by Marvel

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up getting two kits(4 units) of these and what a performance difference vs wireless.

D10-2834_vmain01_plp_gl_8008752.jpg

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8008752

Virtually no dropouts when streaming Pandora/music files with my Integra DTM-40.4 receiver in my bedroom.  I haven't hooked up my SMART TV to a powerline yet but hope to experience the same or similar performance with streaming video and music.

Where we noticed the greatest performance gains was with my wife's laptop when she switched from wireless to the powerline adapter.  The download speed increased from about 4.8 Mbps(wireless) to 10.9 Mbps(powerline).

I figured for $24.99 per kit I could not lose.  So far so good.

Bill