Tiny House (448 square feet)

mungkiman

That's awesome work there.

In my neck of the woods, they are doing 175sf living spaces in NYC. Everything is fold and slide away.All plastic and steel beams. And those units are selling for $200k.

I could see myself doing something like yours when I'm older and the kids are gone. Just have to make sure I have a large enough storage unit for my wife to sleep in. Maybe make sure there's some air holes for her to breath easier.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks. No other way about this one.

My usual clients build between $1K and $2K per square foot. This one's personal, and the goal is $120, but my sense of aesthetics is unchanged. Challenges abound!

Curious, where do you  "get"  1 to 2 thousand a sq foot for new construction? does this include the land?

Some amazing places, quite a jump from some to the tiny house, closets were probably bigger on the others. All or cool, but I would just want to stand at the window with some.  :)

The tiny house is being built for less per square foot than what the tile costs per square foot on my current project, and that's before the tile is installed. I'm happy to build whatever extravagance some people are willing to pay for, but I also get excited about doing more for much less.

There is a good tiny house documentary on NetFlix if it hasn't been mentioned before.

I saw that a month or so ago and I liked it a lot.  I've enjoyed this thread too.  Thanks for sharing., mungkiman.

Edited by mwells

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a tiny house trailer going out in two days.  I can't imagine living in the square footage of one.  Less than 7x18 footprint and 5" or more are the walls.  120 square feet or so at the most.  Just to put it in perspective, a king size bed wouldn't even fit inside of one, and even if it did, it would be over 1/3 the entire living space of the whole house.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

That's awesome work there.

In my neck of the woods, they are doing 175sf living spaces in NYC. Everything is fold and slide away.All plastic and steel beams. And those units are selling for $200k.

I could see myself doing something like yours when I'm older and the kids are gone. Just have to make sure I have a large enough storage unit for my wife to sleep in. Maybe make sure there's some air holes for her to breath easier.

Air holes are a must. Units like these will either bring people closer together (no choice) or contribute to the divorce rate. No in-between.

I've got a tiny house trailer going out in two days.  I can't imagine living in the square footage of one.  Less than 7x18 footprint and 5" or more are the walls.  120 square feet or so at the most.  Just to put it in perspective, a king size bed wouldn't even fit inside of one, and even if it did, it would be over 1/3 the entire living space of the whole house.  

It's totally doable.. as long as I have it parked next to my 3000 sq.ft. shop. :D

• Like 1