Giant Jukebox with Klipsch speakers

mustang guy

I am almost done with the Bill Fitzmaurice T-30.  I don't expect it to perform to full potential because I had to make some adjustments to the mouth to get it to fit. It doesn't matter. From what it was, a pair of $75 Chinese pro speakers, to a pair of Klipsch KPT-200 IMAX surrounds and a Bill Fitzmaurice sub, will make this thing an order of magnitude better than it was.

Here are a couple of pics of the sub process:

Here is the sub dry screwed together:

T30jukebox1.jpg

Now I am gluingT30jukebox2.jpg it up:

Gotta paint it and seal the access port, but she sounds pretty good. I mounted the Bash 300 in a way that it will get ventilation. I was a bit concerned that it would overheat in a small enclosure.

Here are a few pics. This is the LAB12 mounted:

T30jukebox4.jpg

The Bash will be mounted in the electronics area of the Jukebox. It won't stay here.  :)

T30jukebox7.jpg

This shows the ventilation area. The amp will be mounted vertically.

T30jukebox5.jpg

T30jukebox6.jpg

I really don't expect this sub to go 1 to 1 with the KPT-200's. It will, however, make them sound quite a bit less anemic.

• Like 1

I should say so, just tuned into thread. Wow is all I got for now. One of first experiences with loud music was a jukebox over the water on the coast. The bass way revealing.

Bet you could record it for us... :unsure:

Anyway tops!

Edited by billybob

The Tuba 30 should have no problem keeping up with your KPT- 200 pair, probably distort your mains before you hear any stress from the subwoofer.

Looks like a great project.

What made you choose the Tuba 30 over the Table Tuba ?

A double 8" Table Tuba would hit lower notes and give more than enough volume.

There was a custom car show at Nash school yesterday  (Sat afternoon, about a couple miles from Mustang Guy's speaker ranch).  I wondered if you might roll the jukebox out for that event.  I looked for you, but didn't see you.

I know I didn't hear you.  B)

Edited by wvu80

The Tuba 30 should have no problem keeping up with your KPT- 200 pair, probably distort your mains before you hear any stress from the subwoofer.

Looks like a great project.

What made you choose the Tuba 30 over the Table Tuba ?

A double 8" Table Tuba would hit lower notes and give more than enough volume.

The KPT-200's are 99db efficient 175 watt speakers. The T30 is 95db efficient and is probably going to see no more than 150 watts from the 300 bash which is rated at 300 at 4ohm and the LAB12 is 6ohm plus 2db from the horn, which makes 8ohm. Why the bash 300? ... well two reasons, budget and A/C power requirements. 

I don't need the lower notes the TT provides. In fact, the 30Hz the T30 can do is wasted on this jukebox. In fact anything below 40Hz is unnecessary. 

I have never heard a TT, but I have 2 THT's. This T30 hits a lot harder than the THT's. 

There was a custom car show at Nash school yesterday (about a couple miles from Mustang Guy's speaker ranch).  I wondered if you might roll the jukebox out for that event.  I looked for you, but didn't see you.

I know I didn't hear you.  B)

HAHA Speaker Ranch! 

I didn't know about that show.  This jukebox is the Rollin Oldies. They are having a show soon, but I can't remember when . I'm not in that organization, but I have a good friend that is.

I got everything connected and had a listen. All I can say is WOW! It sounds like a giant Wurlitzer jukebox. It's awesome. The original builder stopped by and had a listen. He was very impressed by how it sounded, and said we had done a great job.

Here is the sub, slid into place. Tight fit, but it fit, and that's what matters. Tomorrow everything will get buttoned up.

T30jukebox18.jpg

T30jukebox20.jpg

T30jukebox21.jpg

Edited by mustang guy