Scotchtober is upon us

jacksonbart

Well, ;ate;y  been drinking anything labeled hard cider. Really liking it as it has a nice crisp semisweet/tart bite to it. Angry Orchard more mellow like a Granny Smith. So good it is hard to just sip.

Now that cooler weather is now approaching. may imbibe in a delicious beverage more on the distilled side of life.

Thanks for the asking JB.

Edited by billybob
  • Like 1

Well, ;ate;y  been drinking anything labeled hard cider. Really liking it as it has a nice crisp semisweet/tart bite to it. Angry Orchard more mellow like a Granny Smith. So good it is hard to just sip.

Now that cooler weather is now approaching. may imbibe in a delicious beverage more on the distilled side of life.

Thanks for the asking JB.

Was in a Pub a few months ago and they had a new combo, "Angry Irishman" i believe, 1/3 Angry Orchard and the rest Guinness, pretty dam good.

• Like 1

The Belvenie - Aged 30yrs.  Typically in very small quantities and special occasions.  Agree on the Hard Cider, it was a nice change from beer and great for fall.  VT has a lot of hard cider makers and the offerings are excellent!

Edited by Frzninvt
  • Like 2

I was paid for the beetle restoration with this, and I keep at the shop. I have no clue what Tim paid for it, but I bet a lot!

glenmorangie-18-year.jpg

Top notch! Can I say that?  :)

At home, I have been enjoying a nice single malt: This stuff is around $35 / bottle. A great value for a very fine whiskey! I have enjoyed several bottles.

aberlour-12.jpg

• Like 4

The Belvenie - Aged 40yrs.  Typically in very small quantities and special occasions.  Agree on the Hard Cider, it was a nice change from beer and great for fall.  VT has a lot of hard cider makers and the offerings are excellent!

The 12 yr Belvenie is very very good.  I can only imagine that 40yr tastes like liquid scotch silk.  By the way: drinking 40 year old Belvenie is the "special occasion".  Enjoy that my friend.

• Like 1

Sounds like I need to go to a pub. Really haven't been much of late. May could find my Irish friend and crew.

May find a good BM besides...

Said that Scotch an aquired taste. Liked it from the first double.

Edited by billybob
  • Like 1

The Belvenie - Aged 40yrs.  Typically in very small quantities and special occasions.  Agree on the Hard Cider, it was a nice change from beer and great for fall.  VT has a lot of hard cider makers and the offerings are excellent!

The 12 yr Belvenie is very very good.  I can only imagine that 40yr tastes like liquid scotch silk.  By the way: drinking 40 year old Belvenie is the "special occasion".  Enjoy that my friend.

I fat fingered the age, I have the 30yr.  I have tried the 40 at a local Whiskey bar were they have hundreds available to sample.  It is as you describe.  Tried all the Pappy's as well.  Yum.

The Belvenie - Aged 30yrs.  Typically in very small quantities and special occasions.  Agree on the Hard Cider, it was a nice change from beer and great for fall.  VT has a lot of hard cider makers and the offerings are excellent!

I have never had the 30yrs, don't think I am worthy, but the 12 year old is not too shabby.  Seriously I can only handle about 2 oz of scotch per 24 hours.  Best after a hearty meal.  After that I can go with Miller High Life and be very happy.  I am a cheap date.