Looking for mini-amp recommendations

mattSER

the power-on light is a VERY bright blue LED
If it is a surface mount LED it would be harder to do, but an LED with leads can be tamed by increasing the value of the current limiting resistor. A lot of circuits use a 330 ohm or thereabouts. You could easily double that and still have a lot of light, but not nearly so bright.

The resistor is usually placed on the cathode side of the LED.

Bruce

If you are into Tube Amps as I am, I have one of these for my 'Travel Amp'. 20 watts per Channel

6 1/2 inches deep and your requested Volume Control.  Only $200 !

Only 10 inches wide. And yes TUBES !!

A1_front.jpg

These mini amps are new to me and I dig the low cost.  Could I use one of these to bi-amp my Khorns, using it for the HF, and a Sansui 9090DB for the LF?  Currently using the 9090 for both.  Are there other in-expensive tube amps to consider (let's say < $300)?

I know it is personal preference, but would it be a noticeable improvement?  Would I need an external XO?

The Emotiva Mini-X is a nice amp, I have a pair of them, very nice.

Dave

I have the emotiva too... really a fantastic amp.

You could build a chip amp kit... there is one for ~$100 thats really nice.

As much as Emotiva gets thrown under the bus, these 2 opinions make me feel even better with my purchase. Someday tubes but for now the Mini-X and the Belle's sound great imho!

If you are into Tube Amps as I am, I have one of these for my 'Travel Amp'. 20 watts per Channel

6 1/2 inches deep and your requested Volume Control.  Only $200 !

Only 10 inches wide. And yes TUBES !!

A1_front.jpg

These mini amps are new to me and I dig the low cost.  Could I use one of these to bi-amp my Khorns, using it for the HF, and a Sansui 9090DB for the LF?  Currently using the 9090 for both.  Are there other in-expensive tube amps to consider (let's say < $300)?

I know it is personal preference, but would it be a noticeable improvement?  Would I need an external XO?

Yes, you could certainly Bi-amp with one of these. The amp part is easy. The crossover is the hard part.  Not hard for DeanG, but hard for us mortals.