Single Klipschorn and Belle - STL $250

The History Kid

It's only my opinion, but I'd never pay $250 for the pair. That, to me, would be taking advantage of someone who doesn't know what he/she has. Even Rick Harrison on Pawn Stars has been known to offer more than the seller's asking price when the seller is clueless. And that's in a business model based on buying at 50% of the anticipated retail.

In my opinion, the lowest "fair" price at which I could still sleep nights would be $500 each. YMMV

I have been known to do this on some deals that I've transacted recently when money is available. Try to pay it forward.

• Like 1

I spoke with the seller last eve.  Nice guy.   I should be picking up the Belle in a few days.   He believes his father built the Khorn from a kit in the '70's.    He said I have dibs on it until he gets more info/pics to me tomorrow.  If not a factory khorn I will probably pass.   I did inform him that selling both for $250 would be a damn fool thing to do and offered a significantly higher price.  Seems he got some bad pricing advice from a couple of his buddies he thought were in the know.

Good for you GZim, I'll bet he was pleased.

Picked up both yesterday.  Khorn is a '66 in raw walnut (nicely finished), Belle is a '77 oiled walnut.  Both had been in the family since new and came with a ton of original paperwork---receipts, brochures, price lists from the 50's-60's, correspondence from PWK as well as a stack of published articles  (penned by PWK)  from various tech. journals.  The seller was paid a very fair sum (many times above)  his asking price.  Both buyer and seller are quite pleased.

Good for you. On all counts!