Dough for Joe - Gear for Cheer

opusk2k9

Awesome pic. I love it when my grand babys play my drums. Now my little 3 year old grand daughter is having fun with them now. Lots of fun. Isnt it amazing how drums can either sound so good or sooooooo bad??? Played correctly, they are awesome, grandkids beating on em? Not so much. LOL. But the memories and pics are priceless.

I now just play the drums to my favorite CD's (with me LaScallas) instead of trying to play in a band. Too many hassles now, too many drunks and drama. Been there done that and though it was fun in my younger years, not so  much now.

• Like 1

Awesome pic. I love it when my grand babys play my drums. Now my little 3 year old grand daughter is having fun with them now. Lots of fun. Isnt it amazing how drums can either sound so good or sooooooo bad??? Played correctly, they are awesome, grandkids beating on em? Not so much. LOL. But the memories and pics are priceless.

I now just play the drums to my favorite CD's (with me LaScallas) instead of trying to play in a band. Too many hassles now, too many drunks and drama. Been there done that and though it was fun in my younger years, not so  much now.

After that day in the basement with Bob, I went to Dales drum shop and snatched up a used set of DW collectors and a setup of zildjen A Custom cymbals we all played around with them, I really enjoyed it but alas that was another one of the things that ended up sold, Another set is in the future, I am by no means a drummer but I enjoy the hell outta playing.  Both the boys remember playing and the other night Jacob (the youngest at 6 now) was setting on the bed using pencils to play around a bit Its the memories that we made I love most alot of fun pretending to maake music with the kids :D

That was a nice set of drums and cymbals. A Customs from Zildjian are used by many of the pros. There will be more sets in the future for you I'm sure. You may have a drummer on your hands. Lots of famous and successful drummers say they started by using pencils, pots and pans, tree sticks, glasses etc to practice on when no drums available. I'll look around and see if I have my old (but nice) practice pads. If I can find it, I'll send it to you along with some sticks that will make it funner to practice. Pretty quiet too which makes Mommy happy. Maybe those young-uns will make it big! 

Although, I love playing the drums, practicing the drums suck! Gets very frustrating. I have been trying to improve my double bass and my left foot just doesnt want to play well with the others. Its like it has a mind of its own. If it didnt hurt so much, I'd beat the hell out of my left foot but it turns out, I really need my left foot! :P Hard to walk without it!

If you want some DVD's showing lessons and techniques I can send em to ya. Just let me know. Some of those DVD's are very humbling. Just when you think you have it down, theres this guy  on the DVDgiving the lessons that could eat a sandwhich while playing that would do circles around me. Damn Show-Offs!!

Thats good stuff  :D , I watch alot of you tube and see these 4 and 5 years old and i get disgusted with myself.............................I have no illusions of me ever being a player I just love it,  I saw a video of a guy playing flailing his arms all over the place and I figured if he has time to do all that and keep the beat I should at least be able to play a little :D

Edited by joessportster
  • Like 1

Wow, holy sticks batman. Sharp dressed man is going to be one tired man after that performance. I bet he sells the shows for them.

Minermark, that is very cool show. Thanks for sharing. I too would love to see them live. Thats a lot to take in with just 1 viewing. I may have to watch it again.... and again!

I feel sorry for the new-comer performers. They have some huge shoes to fill and better be thinking a lot to find something different and not already done!

• Like 1

it was everything you could want Christmas to be, 2 very happy excited little boys....................I thank you all from the bottom of my heart

Christmas visit from grandma

post-14548-0-75020000-1419525483_thumb.j

Happy Little Faces

post-14548-0-10260000-1419525566_thumb.j

post-14548-0-91900000-1419525592_thumb.j

The attached pictures are a small representation of the greatest gift anyone could have given, when I get to see the boys like this it makes my heart sing, and this is in no small part because of the kindness shown here, For me this is what my life is about

Thank you all so much

• Like 3