Dough for Joe - Gear for Cheer

opusk2k9

This is just one more reason that I hate the anonymous bump feature.     Bump.

Well, I used to like it and thought I was helping.

Bump. 

To be clear, I don't fault people for using a forum feature, I just don't care for the feature.

Bump

• Moderators

It appears that Davis made a mistake but honestly, that could be any of us.  That's why I even mentioned in my reply "I could be wrong".   Hopefully Davis and Joe can make amends and move forward. 

I personally received a PM from Joe with a sincere thank you that was written with humility.  I imagine I wasn't the only one who received this.  I think this thread has been a great example of friends (even if only via online) uniting together or a cause to help fellow brother out who is in need. 

We also know, "there but for the grace of god go I." Any of us could get hurt in an instant.

I agree wholeheartedly.  Nothing to be embarrassed about Joe.  Any one of us could be in your situation and some of us might just end up there sometime down the road.  I believe that "you reap what you sow".  Joe has sown kindness and generosity throughout his time on the forums and it is now is being returned to him.

This truly is the greatest forum I have ever been involved in.  :D

• Like 2

This is just one more reason that I hate the anonymous bump feature.     Bump.

Well, I used to like it and thought I was helping.

Bump. 

You have been more help than I can ever state in words, Please dont take anything I have said the wrong way, I felt the need to clear the air for Davis,  

Thank you all again so much

I felt the need to clear the air for Davis

No worries.  I am glad you responded, likely more politely and diplomatically than I would have. 

Davis now knows it was me and Eth2 bumping the topic anonymously.

It is now up to him as to how he handles it.  I would apologize in a PM directly to Joe and publicly on the thread.

Thanks to all that have supported this thread.  I will be sending more help as well. 

• Like 2

I do see it as being wrong when the person who the money is for bumps the thread ! As you can see nobody has posted in 10 days.

Keep your eyes peeled for the thread I'll be starting soon;

"DONATION THREAD FOR davis419b; since he posesse none, a sense of tact must be expensive!"

*Bitcoin only accepted...

Mods, how about deleting all of the drama post and put the thread back on topic for Joe.

We don't need the moderators to do this.  If we all go back and clean up our posts on our own,  It will be done.  I guess I'll go first.

There, I've went through and cleaned up my own posts.

Edited by Taz

Don's a good guy. I've certainly posted my share of poorly thought out comments (unedited for posterity) on the forum, which highlights another great characteristic of this group -  by in large, everyone on this forum extends a fair amount of grace and opportunity for people to mess up and move on.

Don's been great to me, anytime I have a question, he is one of the people I can call.

I'm sure he isn't the only one with an opposing opinion regarding this. He just put it out there.

But that's why it's called an open forum, people should be free to express their opinion.

So now let the thread run its course, if it fades out, so be it.

Mark

Well, Mark he may have helped you out but he hurt Joe and his family who read this Forum.

Nonetheless, I deleted any reference to him from my previous posts because we cannot let this effort be derailed with an argument. Let's all stop commenting on this unfortunate incident in this thread and if anyone feels the need to continue, move it to the Thread Crapping thread. I hope that no one feels such a need. but if so, that is the place I hope it will go.

Regards,

Earl

Edited by eth2
  • Like 1