Klipsch Bargains

crackerboxpalace

Apparently I am writing copy for Klipsch now.  Based on what I submitted in response to a call for “garage sale” bargains, Klipsch published my story here http://www.klipsch.com/blog/craigslist-encounter-klipsch-heresy-speakers/ (although I don’t think I own the typos!).  If those speakers could talk…. But of course they do sing!  

Edited by crackerboxpalace
  • Like 3

Very nice :emotion-21:  but really there all bargains even at 100% retail if you consider the hours of enjoyment over the many years of use. :emotion-51:

I was a "cash and carry" kid ever since I had a Detroit News paper route at 12 years old. My paper station was 3 blocks from a Klipsch dealer, so I rode my bike past the Khorns in the window every day for 2 years before I went in to buy my fist stereo, an jAmpeg cassette with tuner and two 6x9 speakers with whizzer cones. That is when I first heard Khorns and was blown away. I got interested in building my own speakers, which culminated in large Altec woofers, VOT/A7 mid horns, and EV T-35 tweeters (K77's) 9 years later. I also built, in 1976, what would be known as a CornScala today for a mono center and ordered all the Klipsch Papers and Dope from Hope papers with PWK's autograph on them. Sold those and got my first pair or raw birch Khorns brand new with a bank loan to establish credit after college and meeting Bob Moers, then President of Klipsch and Associates. I was using one false corner. Had those for over 30 years and sold them for more than what I paid brand new.

• Like 2

Very nice :emotion-21:  but really there all bargains even at 100% retail if you consider the hours of enjoyment over the many years of use. :emotion-51:

Oh poo!

I bought my LaScalas for something like $1,200 (I forget to tell the truth)

I've owned them for 35 years and you're saying that I have a BARGAIN in them at $34/year?

:rolleyes:

• Moderators
Coytee, on 20 Nov 2014 - 3:06 PM, said:

dtel, on 20 Nov 2014 - 10:48 AM, said:

Oh poo!

I bought my LaScalas for something like $1,200 (I forget to tell the truth)

I've owned them for 35 years and you're saying that I have a BARGAIN in them at $34/year?

:rolleyes:

Well if you never listened to them you overpaid, but I know that's not the truth, now subtract the hours listening to Marie O, it's only fair. 

Nice! Does Klipsch just randomly publish "stories" from the forum or is this a first??  

I responded to a post from Klipsch through my Facebook feed.  They were looking for stories and gave the URL to reply to, and I did.  Still a process, though.  That was many weeks ago and I thought they might not have a use for it.  Who knows what they have to do to select.  If you have a cool story send it in!

• Administrators

Nice! Does Klipsch just randomly publish "stories" from the forum or is this a first??  

I responded to a post from Klipsch through my Facebook feed.  They were looking for stories and gave the URL to reply to, and I did.  Still a process, though.  That was many weeks ago and I thought they might not have a use for it.  Who knows what they have to do to select.  If you have a cool story send it in!

Yup, our blog has many different "series" of articles. The "Good Poop" articles with Jim Hunter, the "Bargain stories" articles, some of the slightly more technical articles like "how does a horn work", and more. Worth checking out often for Klipsch fans!

And thanks for submitting your story! We love those types of stories.