Heritage series for medium room

vtpalmer

I currently have Reference series for my 5.1 surround. But I have owned KG's, Hersey's and Cornwalls, I really love the heritage sound, but I have a small to medium size room. What would be a good suggestion to get the Hertiage sound, for a small to medium size room?

Small??? Lol. 20x18 is in fact a pretty huge room. I'd go with three heresey for LCR. LCR is the only way to go for movie setup. How far are you from Kansas City? More than welcome to come to my place. I have Cornwalls setup in my living room right now and cinema gear in the basement.

• Like 1

the Quartets or Fortes should be a good fit.  I have 2 quartets in my office and they are definitely able to perform (when everyone is gone for the day).  The fortes are slightly bigger nd I havent found a set to try thats been affordable but they are larger and might cater to your needs better.  I can't lie though, these quartets are awesome in my book again.  Having owned the heresy's, the quartets are just a different animal and blow them away IMO.

• Like 1

the Quartets or Fortes should be a good fit.  I have 2 quartets in my office and they are definitely able to perform (when everyone is gone for the day).  The fortes are slightly bigger nd I havent found a set to try thats been affordable but they are larger and might cater to your needs better.  I can't lie though, these quartets are awesome in my book again.  Having owned the heresy's, the quartets are just a different animal and blow them away IMO.

havemt heard from you in a while? Which subs you running? Sig says pc-12 ultra. Do you have pc-12 plus or pc-13 ultra? I want one of them cylinder subs for my living room but every time I get really to pull the trigger I keep going to back to what I can diy for less. It's a curse lol.

I currently have Reference series for my 5.1 surround. But I have owned KG's, Hersey's and Cornwalls, I really love the heritage sound, but I have a small to medium size room. What would be a good suggestion to get the Hertiage sound, for a small to medium size room?

3 cornwalls or 3 heresys for the heritage sound. Two cornwalls and a heresy center would also work if you get the 1s they have the same mid and tweet. If you get h2s then I would just get 3 of them. You room is not small at all. You could fit any klipsch made speaker in that room np. 

• Like 1

havemt heard from you in a while? Which subs you running? Sig says pc-12 ultra. Do you have pc-12 plus or pc-13 ultra? I want one of them cylinder subs for my living room but every time I get really to pull the trigger I keep going to back to what I can diy for less. It's a curse lol.

You like the look of the new pc2000? I think it looks pretty nice. 

• Like 1

3 cornwalls or 3 heresys for the heritage sound. Two cornwalls and a heresy center would also work if you get the 1s they have the same mid and tweet. If you get h2s then I would just get 3 of them. You room is not small at all. You could fit any klipsch made speaker in that room np. 

If you have a really good sub to go with them, I'd say 3 La Scala IIs (specifically the IIs, if you can afford them).

Your room is big enough.  As to your room dimentions, your revised length and width are very close to being the same, which is not preferred.  You should probably read up on room treatments (such as tuned bass traps for any mode problem).  Audyssey XT, or, even better Audyssey XT32, might help.

I used to have my Klipschorns in a room with an even smaller floor plan with no problem, but your 8 foot ceiling height, according to Heyser and Klipsch themselves, might be a slight problem with Khorns.  If ceiling bounce from the tweeter (which is about 50" off the floor) is the problem, putting a few absorbers on the ceiling might help.  But, people say that one of the best sounding Klipschorn rooms on the forum (Artto) has a fairly low ceiling, just less than 8 feet, I think. 

Edited by Garyrc

Edited by Cinema_head

Sorry, Cinema_head -- see post #16, above.  Firefox died on me while I was typing my earlier response, so I had to start all over.

Edited by Garyrc