Anyone using RSs instead of RBs as rears in a 7.2

substance-p

The big impact with rear speakers comes when large towers can be used.  They will deliver a bass load that will just put a smile on your face.  Between the RS and RB speakers, not much of a difference.  I have tried both and the towers were the biggest difference.

I think a 7.2 configuration recommends that the rear surround be angled down slightly aimed directly at the listening position. (I want to say that angle is 30*).  There are people more experienced than I that will probably comment, but if memory serves, that's the gist.  I personally can't do it in my setup either, so the rears are at ear level front-firing at the listening position and it actually works fairly decent.

• Moderators
How high up do you have the RS62iis? Are they angled at all?

My RB-35's were angled down 10 degrees which wasn't nearly enough.  The speakers were basically aimed at my screen.

f9410841_Back_Wall.jpeg

When I bought the RS-62ii, Wakejunkie made me some custom mounts that angle them directly at my front row.  They ended up being angled at 26 degrees.

2a769e61_Klipsch-RS-62-Mounts-5.jpeg

aff6ec59_Klipsch-RS-62-Mounts-9.jpeg

1553aefd_Klipsch-RS-62-Mounts-6.jpeg

Here are the (4) RS-62ii.

33695061_Klipsch-RS-62-Mounts-10.jpeg

Edited by Youthman
  • Like 1

Thanks for all of the feedback. Previously, I had towers in the back-but the remodel won't accommodate them. To compensate for he loss of bass in the rear, I'm adding a second RSW-10D to the set-up. Hopefully, in this relatively small space there won't be a lack of low end.

is the rsw-10d your only sub? Reason I ask is that they are fantastic for music but they don't got much in the low end for movies. Maybe instead of a second one you keep it and but a different subwoofer for movies. Something from an ID company.

Thanks for all of the feedback. Previously, I had towers in the back-but the remodel won't accommodate them. To compensate for he loss of bass in the rear, I'm adding a second RSW-10D to the set-up. Hopefully, in this relatively small space there won't be a lack of low end.

is the rsw-10d your only sub? Reason I ask is that they are fantastic for music but they don't got much in the low end for movies. Maybe instead of a second one you keep it and but a different subwoofer for movies. Something from an ID company.
I have two rsw-10ds. I also have a jamo d7 that I don't have hooked up but I could potentially reincorporate it. It's (the jamo) just huge and rates low on the WAF and a bit difficult to place in the new set up.

In my setup, I noticed a huge different between using an RB-75 and an RS-7 for my rear surrounds. I have them quite high, the tweeter is 85 inches off the ground. However, it is also some 15 feet behind the main listening position. This probably plays a big difference. If they were say, 5 feet behind the main position, I'd probably still be using the RS-7s.

Im running rs-62's for rear and side. They look better in my opinion. However if you are fairly close like mine are and sitting to the side a bit, you can get a direct shot from the speaker further away while the closer one that you are squared up to is dissipated. Its kind of a weird effect, sometimes hard to tell whether something is behind or beside you unless its just ambience coming out of them. I believe a direct radiating monopole would be more obvious that its directly behind you on some material.