Forte - Forte II - question

expresso

To remove the mid horn just leave one of the screws on the bottom near the middle tight and completely remove all the rest. Then when you remove the last screw use one hand on the screw driver and the other inside the throat of the horn to stabilize it and keep it from adding pressure to the last screw. I've removed several of them and found that to be the easiest way.

If cosmetic is an issue, cutting away a pushed in passive cone dust cover is a pretty simple matter. I have the PA style waffle grilles over mine to prevent damage. Simply cut away the old dust cap with exacto knife, order a suitable replacment from Parts Express, attach with the included glue. TIP - put a large socket on top of the dust cover to hold it down while glue sets up. 

To remove the mid horn just leave one of the screws on the bottom near the middle tight and completely remove all the rest. Then when you remove the last screw use one hand on the screw driver and the other inside the throat of the horn to stabilize it and keep it from adding pressure to the last screw. I've removed several of them and found that to be the easiest way.

good idea -  will try it that way when time arrives -  

If cosmetic is an issue, cutting away a pushed in passive cone dust cover is a pretty simple matter. I have the PA style waffle grilles over mine to prevent damage. Simply cut away the old dust cap with exacto knife, order a suitable replacment from Parts Express, attach with the included glue. TIP - put a large socket on top of the dust cover to hold it down while glue sets up. 

thanks - i ended up with a different pair from the first ones i was getting which had a pushed in dust cap but the ones i got now dont - but good to know - i also seen the video from Simply speaker - showing how to recone a speaker - dust cap etc, -  great to know that they can do it if i ever need -   looks simple enough to do at home also -  but in my case - i would just ship it to them - let the pros do it -    not for the dust cap only :)     only in the event i would need the cones redone or rubber surrounds etc, -   from the looks - i have to say they all look great on my pair -  but looks along is not enough -  i find out soon hopefully when i check them in action and feel around a bit more  -  

• Moderators
CECAA850, on 21 Dec 2014 - 12:14 PM, said:

A couple reasons.  First and foremost you might like them as they are.  Secondly, if you mod them now, you have no basis of comparison.  Normally you mod something to improve performance.  You really need a base line to start.  You might change something that you don't want to change but won't know it until you spend some time with them.

Best advice yet, for any working speaker really. :emotion-21:

Sit back and listen to the speakers before you make any modifications. There are lots of personal points of view and good ideas provided by this forum, but don't let yourself get overwhelmed.  The goal is to enjoy the music.  So step back and listen first. 

• Like 1

yes i think i will do that - i was getting overwhelmed -  - i listened to my friends forte II yesterday - he has bobs upgrades  for about 4 years now - sounds great -  and what happened to his was he had a short in his speakers so he never got to listen to them in stock form and had to do the upgrade - 

i have yet to hear mines - but i will leave them alone for the time being -  and during that time i can sit back and listen and wait till things settle down -   who says they like the Ti mid and others say they didnt etc, -  its a personal thing - hard to say till you yourself have them and hear it in your home -   so i will leave it alone for now and think about it later on -  

thanks - its been a crazy few weeks trying to track and get this pair -  and thanks to everyone here - many members giving advice - posting links to speakers etc, -    it was the last link which did it and it worked out very good -

thursday night i  got them on ebay -  friday i spoke to the seller and Sat. morning they are in my home - he took them to me - that was great - :) 

• Like 2

the supper in my building - hes my friend with the forte II - i got him into Klipsch when he heard my 82's -  and he loved them -  he went and got the forte II - and the 82's also -  - i just got a couple of dollies -  with casters wheels - and rubber top layer - makes it great to sit the forte on them  

and hes cutting the ends a few inches each side to make it compact -  in about 20 mins -  he be back and place the forte  on them - and i am one step closer to getting them hooked up and ready to rock -  i need to do this because i wont be able to move these around when i need to do wiring or what ever -  much safer and easier this way -     it should sit about 40 inch tall now and should be just right for ear level when i sit back on my recliner and use them :)

if all goes well i may just have them going this weekend  - 

Ok i finally got them going and they sound very nice -   no regrets getting them - and you know - i am not going to do any upgrades or changes for a while - i have to really listen to them for a while - i see no reason to do anything now -    i was just over taken with everything and just wanted to get it done and thats it  -

now i have to adjust my area to fit them nicely - but will take a few weeks slowly before i finally get them where i wont touch them -  but no rush now since i am using them -

i have them on my QSC GX5 amp - for now -  when all done - they will be on the Emo XPA 5 amp -  and the 82's on the pro amp -  when thats done - i can then use the exciter to make any adjustments i like for low - mids highs -  

right now - its all FLAT and sounds great - i didnt play much yet- i just let pandora run now -    the dolly thing worked out very nice - i feel better i can just move them easily now -  

i feel bad seeing my KG 3.2  out of the system - they were not the most sort after model but they were pretty nice - compact nice looking little speaker - and in great condition - walnut -  and i did the tweeter and crossover on that one -  out of all models -   i didnt expect to part with them and its fine either way -  the person that will get them appreicates them and loves music also -  - i can always visit -  only a few floors down from me :) 

Just a thought, if you wanted to try the titanium tweeter you could remove the ones you have in the 3.2's and install them in the Forte II's, since you already have them. Or you could just replace one and listen for awhile and see which ones you like better.

thats an idea -  :)   i will give it time so i can sit back and really play some stuff i am used to when i am finally done - it sounds fine to me - just as it is -

i am sure changing the parts out for newer and xover etc, will only improve on it -  so i will look forward to doing that later on after i enjoy it a while first and make that my next  thing to do -  when i get the itch you know - 

can you upload pictures here to the post ?   i took a few pictures -  wanted to upload them here in the post - but dont know if you can or how - i dont see any options for that - 

can you upload pictures here to the post ?   i took a few pictures -  wanted to upload them here in the post - but dont know if you can or how - i dont see any options for that - 

When you finish typing click the "More Reply Options" on the lower right corner. On the bottom left of the screen will allow you to post pictures

post-58550-0-20380000-1419381037_thumb.j

• Like 1