Uberbuss

A1UC

I have been toying with the idea of buying one of these for 6 months or so , well 2 months ago I placed my order . All I can say this is a must for 2ch , it made a very noticeable diffrence and is well worth the cost .

For sure one of my best purchases  I added some upgrades  1 - Furutech FPX(G) receptacle for digital   -  Neutrik PowerCONN 32A/250V AC inlet

http://www.piaudiogr...m/UberBUSS.html

post-49590-0-37820000-1419726585_thumb.j

Edited by A1UC
  • Like 1

Ski Bum I noticed you made a post asking how to post pictures ? So Im going to have to consider the source here [emoji14] As for any other future comments , I was just sharing my findings I wasn't out to start another debate on cables etc . I put allot of time and money in my system in the last year and on my system it makes a HUGE difference again just wanted to share this Its getting to a point one has to be afraid to share things on here .

• Like 2

Ski Bum I noticed you made a post asking how to post pictures ? So Im going to have to consider the source here

You have me confused with another, but nice try on the ad hominem.

If you really think a $1K power strip is a "must have for two channel" and "well worth the cost", exactly how did you arrive at that conclusion?  Sighted evaluation?  Simply based on the outrageous price?  So I'm going to have to consider the source as giving just another unsubstantiated placebophile opinion.  

Ski Bum I noticed you made a post asking how to post pictures ? So Im going to have to consider the source here

If you really think a $1K power strip is a "must have for two channel" and "well worth the cost", exactly how did you arrive at that conclusion?  Sighted evaluation?  Simply based on the outrageous price?  So I'm going to have to consider the source as giving just another unsubstantiated placebophile opinion.  

Dude if you got nothing nice to say move on , Im not going to argue with you

post-49590-0-62700000-1419788857_thumb.p

Edited by A1UC

The promotion of audio woo does the entire community a disservice.  I personally find the shilling for bogus inflated audio woo rather thuggish, and I am just trying to balance the scales, on the chance some lurker is tempted to follow your bad advice.

Since you own the product, why don't you pop the hood and post some pictures of it.  I would be very interested to find out exactly what, if anything, justifies the $1K price.  Go ahead, do it.  I'm a friend of the truth.  Are you? 

So...back kind of on topic:

While I wouldn't ever drop that kind of money unless it made my system sound $1,000 better (and even then...right now I'm not of the financially well off group - so that's a no go anyway for me.)

However...anyone happen to look on their page for speaker diffusing and see these?

3441beec18a8521479dde444af53558b.jpg

YES PLEASE!!!!

• Like 1

Power Filtering, been around forever, used to build a few different devices back in active Ham days.

The Unit A1UC has posted is one dam fine piece of hardware, this unit would last a lifetime, so really if your just looking for great filtering this unit would be hard to beat.

Back in my Aerospace days, that ended just this year, i had the IT's coming to me to replace their UPS/Backup power supplys.

They would bring me their old APC 1500Va back up unit running an internal 24vGelcell Batt, Every unit they brought me i checked out, found the Gelcell Batts would be bad after 24/7/365 for four years straight running, well hell i did what they ask, bought them a new unit, and bought me a couple of batts for the old units, and am running them at home.

Reason being, i took one apart, traced circuits, seen what APC was doing, some badazz filtering going on both line inputs, dont see that very often.

Granted if you lose power you have maybe 7 min to shut down equipment, that is kind of nice, but i run them for filtering.

Available on the bay, buy a big one, or two. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/APC-Back-UPS-RS-BR1500-120V-1500VA-Uninterruptible-Power-Supply-W-New-Batteries-/291327989726?pt=US_Uninterruptible_Power_Supplies&hash=item43d48057de

• Like 2

Thanks for the find on that Miner...I've honestly been toying with the idea of doing a UPS tower for a number of reasons.  The biggest of which is my computer is wired into my setup...so having a nice backup unit available would be nice too.  That seems a pretty fair price based on what I've seen those same units go for locally.

• Like 1

Thanks for the find on that Miner...I've honestly been toying with the idea of doing a UPS tower for a number of reasons.  The biggest of which is my computer is wired into my setup...so having a nice backup unit available would be nice too.  That seems a pretty fair price based on what I've seen those same units go for locally.

Figure $60 for a new Batt every 4 or 5 years is not going to break anyone. and if ANYTHING comes down that power line (Major Spikes), this thing blows up, i like that, total protection for ANYTHING that is plugged into it.

I cannot say this loud enough, BUY A BIG ONE! 1500Va takes care of my whole two channel system.

Dam cheap insurance for your system.

Edited by minermark
  • Like 1

My sub amp actually suffered a nasty surge one night in May that totally fried it.  Luckily enough it was covered by the warranty, but still...that's had me looking at new surge protection units ever since.  I'm using an industrial strip right now across the back of the stand running off a primary strip that's got just the sub plugged into it now...ideally I'll be able to move down to just one unit though.

• Like 1

The promotion of audio woo does the entire community a disservice.  I personally find the shilling for bogus inflated audio woo rather thuggish, and I am just trying to balance the scales, on the chance some lurker is tempted to follow your bad advice.

Since you own the product, why don't you pop the hood and post some pictures of it.  I would be very interested to find out exactly what, if anything, justifies the $1K price.  Go ahead, do it.  I'm a friend of the truth.  Are you? 

Confusing promoting with excitement perhaps? Rodney gains nothing for speaking about this product.

Edited by paul79