I may try out some new RF7ll's

CHASLS2

Thinking about buying a set of 7ll's and the RC64ll.  I see some good deals on B stock and i also want cherry.  Seems there are no used RF7's ever in my area so buying used is out,

Not sure how much better they would be compared to the older version of RF7's i have had in the past.  They would replace a set of Paradigm Singature 2 v3's that are very good speakers and sound great.

• Like 2

I might be selling my RF7s in the near future but they are black.

Would that be your 7's or 7II's?

Just to clarify for Charles.

Bill

I think he means his 7ll's.  I think i remember him buying two sets for a crazy price like 2 years ago or so.  I have looked for a while, but never see any local deals on used RF7ll's. I was also thinking about some B&W CM10's, but never see them local used.  The CM10's are kinda pricey new, but i like their smaller size.  The 7ll's are as big as i would ever go in a speaker.

Edited by CHASLS2

Thinking about buying a set of 7ll's and the RC64ll.  I see some good deals on B stock and i also want cherry.  Seems there are no used RF7's ever in my area so buying used is out,

Not sure how much better they would be compared to the older version of RF7's i have had in the past.  They would replace a set of Paradigm Singature 2 v3's that are very good speakers and sound great.

I loved my 7s but have found that there are better speakers for the same or less money. Heritage or the pro line is my advise. 3 las scales or 2 with a heresy in the middle if you can't fit a 3rd. or 3 cornwalls would cost 1/3 as much as the 7s and 64. And they would be just as good. And the pro line will crush all of them and can be deliver right in your home ( they bring it in) with just a phone call. I know the 7s look bad ***. I get that. And I'm not saying don't buy them. It really comes down to what you want your money to do. Is it looks and performance or is it all performance. Because with the 7s half your money is being spent on looks alone. If you go pro line as an example that half will be spent on performance. Just something to think about. 

Thinking about buying a set of 7ll's and the RC64ll. I see some good deals on B stock and i also want cherry. Seems there are no used RF7's ever in my area so buying used is out,

Not sure how much better they would be compared to the older version of RF7's i have had in the past. They would replace a set of Paradigm Singature 2 v3's that are very good speakers and sound great.

I loved my 7s but have found that there are better speakers for the same or less money. Heritage or the pro line is my advise. 3 las scales or 2 with a heresy in the middle if you can't fit a 3rd. or 3 cornwalls would cost 1/3 as much as the 7s and 64. And they would be just as good. And the pro line will crush all of them and can be deliver right in your home ( they bring it in) with just a phone call. I know the 7s look bad ***. I get that. And I'm not saying don't buy them. It really comes down to what you want your money to do. Is it looks and performance or is it all performance. Because with the 7s half your money is being spent on looks alone. If you go pro line as an example that half will be spent on performance. Just something to think about.
I love it!! Your getting as bad as me. Pushing pro line baby!!

GO PRO GO PRO GO PRO GO PRO!!! You get over the size after you hear them. I wanna see someone buy a set of kpt-325 build a top hat around the horn and then put two grills on with pie logos. Would be saweeeeeet!

I could never fit big wide speakers in my bedroom.  The 7's are as wide as i can go.  When i sold my older 7's i said i would never go back to a speaker as big as they were.  

GO PRO GO PRO GO PRO GO PRO!!! You get over the size after you hear them. I wanna see someone buy a set of kpt-325 build a top hat around the horn and then put two grills on with pie logos. Would be saweeeeeet!

Why'd you say 325 and not the 904's? Seems like the 325 is almost like a 2-way Cornwall.

Why'd you say 325 and not the 904's? Seems like the 325 is almost like a 2-way Cornwall.
cause they are smaller. Shorter. That's all. 904's all the way. Same sound just more output from what I am told. I think the kpt-325 will snake a Cornwall. The 2" b&c driver is top notch, and the 510 horn is amazing. If they made a Cornwall 4 and it was a kpt-325ish in a Cornwall cabinet and veneered I think it would be one of the hottest new sellers to enthusiasts.

I know the 7s look bad ***. I get that. And I'm not saying don't buy them. It really comes down to what you want your money to do. Is it looks and performance or is it all performance. Because with the 7s half your money is being spent on looks alone.

Most of these conversations won't mention this. They do look really nice, even nicer in person, very impressive looking. Which, believe it or not, is in fact pretty important if they're going to sit out in the middle of your living room, much more socially acceptable than the pro line with a big raw horn sitting on top. If you can hide it, sure, otherwise at some point in your life you will question the sanity of having a really nice house just to have huge funky looking pro audio speakers laying around as if you still lived in a frat house. RF-7ii's don't have that problem, they are beautiful.

• Like 1

They would smoke a cornwall pretty easy. I love my cornwalls. They sound great and have amazing bass. So bass would be close for sure vs the 325s. But after that the 510 with a 2" exit and a huge b&c driver (like scrappy said) bests them by a lot. On a scale if the 904s are a 10 the cornwalls would be a 5 or a 6 (if that). So the 325s I'm guessing would be a 9. 

I know the 7s look bad ***. I get that. And I'm not saying don't buy them. It really comes down to what you want your money to do. Is it looks and performance or is it all performance. Because with the 7s half your money is being spent on looks alone.

Most of these conversations won't mention this. They do look really nice, even nicer in person, very impressive looking. Which, believe it or not, is in fact pretty important if they're going to sit out in the middle of your living room, much more socially acceptable than the pro line with a big raw horn sitting on top. If you can hide it, sure, otherwise at some point in your life you will question the sanity of having a really nice house just to have huge funky looking pro audio speakers laying around as if you still lived in a frat house. RF-7ii's don't have that problem, they are beautiful.

Ditto. My wife doesn't complain about my 7ii's and 64ii, but she wouldn't go for big black speakers in our family room.

• Like 1

You make a great point. And in fact its one I have made here before against buying the heritage or pro years ago.  But that was before I have heard them. You have no idea what your missing. Its eye popping big. 

And if you re read my post I do bring up looks. So its been mentioned. What do you want to pay for. You have said its looks and performance. But not everyone wants to take away money for looks that takes away from performance.They want their dollar to go as far as it can.

Looks are important to me too. But not as much as they use to be. My eyes have opened up a lot and see that giving up performance for looks isn't as worth it. I never new the gap would be so big with the 7s vs 904s.

At the time the 7s and cornwalls were the best speakers I have spent any time with. And it was hard to imagine it being that much better. So I know your mind set. Your thinking they same way I did back then so I get it. But if you ever get some of these in your home you will tell me I was so right :).

Would I put a stock 904 in my living room? Probably not. But they can be made to look pretty cool. I have done some and its made a huge difference. If I put the top horns in a cab with a grill they could easily sit in a living room.  Plus I'm getting to old to settle for less because I want it to look cool. Looks need to be moved farther down the list for me. To get the 904 performance in a smaller home style speaker would probably be some mega bucks.  

Edited by Cinema_head

Thinking about buying a set of 7ll's and the RC64ll. I see some good deals on B stock and i also want cherry. Seems there are no used RF7's ever in my area so buying used is out,

Not sure how much better they would be compared to the older version of RF7's i have had in the past. They would replace a set of Paradigm Singature 2 v3's that are very good speakers and sound great.

I love it!! Your getting as bad as me. Pushing pro line baby!!

You guys are getting bad but, say it like you see!

Ditto. My wife doesn't complain about my 7ii's and 64ii, but she wouldn't go for big black speakers in our family room.

I wonder if that's why I got kicked out of the family room or was it the huge subs, lol.

• Moderators

Bill

I think he means his 7ll's.  I think i remember him buying two sets for a crazy price like 2 years ago or so.  I have looked for a while, but never see any local deals on used RF7ll's. I was also thinking about some B&W CM10's, but never see them local used.  The CM10's are kinda pricey new, but i like their smaller size.  The 7ll's are as big as i would ever go in a speaker.

No, I was referring to my original RF-7's.  Yes, I did purchase two pair of RF-7ii's.  One set I kept for the living room, the other set Wake Junkie now has.  I have no desire to sell my RF-7ii's. 

Bill

No, I was referring to my original RF-7's.  Yes, I did purchase two pair of RF-7ii's.  One set I kept for the living room, the other set Wake Junkie now has.  I have no desire to sell my RF-7ii's. 

Man wouldn't your son be crushed If you sold his speakers?