RF-7ii timbre match

rayok275

I recently updated my front towers with RF-7iis for a great price. I am currently using a RC-7, two Rs-7s and two rs-35s. I'm concerned about timbre match across the front but don't hear any differences. These front speakers all use similar horns of the same size but are different series. I don't have room or budget for a RC-64ii. Should I put the RB-75s back in main duty? What are the different sonic characteristics between the ref and ref ii? Also, does Audessey multi Xt adjust timbre?

Thanks for your help,

Ray

• Like 1

Fellas,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have a hard time believing the the timbre is much different between these speakers anyway. I can't hear a difference and wondered if anyone else has a similar set-up. I think the Rf-7iis are a big step up from the rb-75s that were previously running main duty, especially in the bass department. I just love the sound of big towers.

• Like 1

For anyone who doesn't think they can hear timbre differences in your front 3 speakers, run white or pink noise through them one at a time and report back.

Heck...I can hear a difference in the test tones from my receiver calibration through my front 3 which supposedly should match.

if you can hear the difference with pink noise you can hear the difference in a movie when something pans from side to side.  Once you hear the difference, it's obvious.

My room is all over the place with pink noise. RF-7ii's sound different than RC-64ii sound different than RS-62ii. I can confirm that they don't mesh up nearly as well as three identical THX's. Used to be able to hear seamless panning across the front. That's gone now.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

I think what we are talking is real world application not pink noise

if you can hear the difference with pink noise you can hear the difference in a movie when something pans from side to side. Once you hear the difference, it's obvious.

Wouldn't want to do that. Made me laugh, though. Thanks.

Fellas,

I called Klipsch and spoke with Tech support. I was informed that the speakers have the same timbre and sonic characteristics. The representative told me not to worry about the different series. The bottom line is the sound wise, they are so similar, no worries. My he differences come in looks.

Ps, the RB-75's are some fine bookshelf speakers that are not for sale.

Thanks for all of your help,

Ray

• Like 1

All I have heard is how disappointed people are in the RC64. RC7 much better. As far as the RF7II's keep them. Audssey should do a pretty good job of flattening everything out.

My only disappointment is that I can't fit a third RF-7ii behind my screen. It's just the nature of the beast. It's not going to sound identical.

The RC 64 is a great center.  No problems with dialogue, no upping the center trim, ect.  If I had to say one bad thing about the RC 64 is that it is so large and heavy.  Oh, that was two. :blink:  The Reference line uses the same material for the drivers and timber match should not be a major issue for the great majority of people.

Edited by derrickdj1